Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sour Crack Autoflower 2nd run, and Photoperiod friends.

So I picked 1 of the 5 seedlings to transplant today into the last pot of coco I have until I get my resupply in the mail. I chose the Strawberry Cheesecake #3 because it was way ahead of #2, and both 2 and 3 seem much different than #1 they are lanky where as #1 is much bushier and stout. Only difference is that 2 and 3 were planted a couple days after #1, and they were in their cups about 5 days longer. Perhaps the lengthier time in the solo cups is the cause? I'm of course hoping for multiple phenotypes. They are fem seeds.

There are x2 Crackberry seedlings, x1 Cookies Kush, x1 Strawberry Cheesecake in the center of photo.

Attachments

• 2015-11-27_17.35.16.jpg
    2015-11-27_17.35.16.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 59
The Bubba's Gift had a funky first true leaf, but has grown out of that showing some super fat looking water leaves. Obviously heavy indica dominant strain. I was considering pulling her because of my lack of coco. But I'm glad I waited. I'm letting the Crackberry mutant live for now too just because I'm interested in what it's doing. The middle finger is pinwheel shaped, and is repeating opposite a semi normal water leaf. Spiraling up so to speak.

So today I finally got the tent cleaned/bleached from the Crackberry that was finishing up. Moved the tent into the same room where I have the closet set up, now both are on a light timer set for 18/6 from 24/0. I may increase to 20/4 dependant on temp factors etc. Or if someone tells me so lol.

I will get photos of all the plants progress tomorrow for everyone. The Sour Crack has super thick white hairs at the internodes which I think bodes well. More so then the other 3 I've grown out.

So I have a question. I found a couple hermie flowers on the Crackberry photoperiod I just grew. I was picking them off and noticed pollen dust falling out of one, then thought to myself I should save these things and ask on here whether or not this pollen could be usable to cross with. If it is, I'm thinking about dusting the lowers on the Sour Crack I have that's in the middle of week 4 once it's ready and see if I can come up with anything.

Does anyone know if this would even work?

Double Sour Crackberry, send me a bad of seeds!

Did you let them go over their flower period? I thought if a plant hermied, it's offspring would hermit too

First generation hermie the seeds are like 88% fem and viable I believe. My plant in particular I found roughly 8 premature flowers and one fully formed seed. Out of over 700 grams wet weight. So I caught it early, and if the cause was too long of a flower period, that would mean it is a super fast finisher at like 50 days. I took her 56, and from my observations I felt she could have went a bit longer. It was my first PP grow, and this pheno foxtailed, which with my lack of experience made it more difficult to judge. I have a microscope in the mail to rectify that situation so I can just judge off of the maturity of the trichomes.

I think I'm going to say f it and try it once she is ready to be inseminated by this Crackberrys seed. Lol.

From what I've read the pollen can last up to a month in open air. I'm going to just leave it in the envelope that it's drying until then. If it doesn't work who cares, if it does and I get viable seeds win for me.

2015-12-04_10.42.43.jpg
2015-12-04_10.44.47.jpg
2015-12-04_10.47.37.jpg
2015-12-04_10.50.09.jpg
2015-12-04_10.51.24.jpg
2015-12-04_10.54.42.jpg
2015-12-04_10.56.06.jpg
2015-12-04_10.57.41.jpg
So I've started getting into some training, what is probably my favorite part of growing so far (besides the end). As I stated Sour Crack will be getting LST only, and my plan is early and often. I'm trying to train all the lowers including the top, to the outer diameter of their pot which is roughly the diameter of the peony cage I will stick in at that point to guide the branches around and to tie them off to if need be.

On to the photoperiod Crackberry Regs. Crackberry #3 has been selected as crash dummy #1 to try out this technique. I topped all 3 a few days ago, and she recovered very quickly. So today her branches on the 3rd internodes looked long enough to chop her head off again. Because I didn't want to throw away the top, I used honey on the tip and stuck it in some coco and a solo cup. I'm not going to put a whole lot of effort into the clone, but I hope it beats the odds and survives because it comes pre topped lol. Since I was using honey for the clone, I thought I would put some on the tip of Crackberry #3 as a bandaid to see if that helps speed recovery at all. Also all plants have been transplanted with the exception of Crackberry #1 and #2. I plan on putting them in 1 gallon containers and keeping them around to clone off of, or at least practice. Here are some pics I promised.

I transplanted Crackberry #1 and #2 yeaterday. They seem happy and healthy this morning along with Crackberry #3 that I topped yesterday for a 2nd time at the 3rd Internode to begin mainlining. This afternoon at some point I may move to phase 2, removing all foliage below that node.

Back