Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

Excellent video. Have to agree with Tang's comment, the setup looks wrong and since it is very unclear what the temperature Min/Max/average are in each tent, this is not a good comparison grow........Even Stevens don't spring to mind.

Read the whole thread bro, they do state the temps very clearly in one of the post and off course this is a good comparison grow... one 400watt hps vs 2 led lights in one tent each totally packed with plants.

What about it do you find not to be even steven?

Justin

The Mephisto boys have years of experience growing with HPS and 10 days experience with LED so that may be a factor in these early stages,getting the environment dialed in in both rooms is essential for a fair comparison.

The Mephisto boys have years of experience growing with HPS and 10 days experience with LED so that may be a factor in these early stages,getting the environment dialed in in both rooms is essential for a fair comparison.

Well off course it is.

Now lets continue to follow this grow and have lots of fun watching it brother Tang.

Jimbob

Read the whole thread bro, they do state the temps very clearly in one of the post and off course this is a good comparison grow... one 400watt hps vs 2 led lights in one tent each totally packed with plants.

Justin

The temperature.....and not just stated for 1 point in time.....but all the time. And as Tang said above, with the added all parameters in each tent must be identical.....otherwise it is not a comparison.

The video says it all very clearly......

Standing by my "not Even Stevens" houstonwehaveaproblem.gif

Good for you.

And no where in the title thread does it says "comparison" ....

But this is a test to see how two LEDs will hold up VS one 400/600w HPS in one tent packed with flowers without anything extra.

So far...not so good, because of heat, light spread and experience...who knows?

J

Just some points !

1) leds have been hung at exactly what tang specified when I asked to double check, 55-60 cm.

2) there is no central heating here.
at the moment in northern spain daytime temps are 13 deg c, night around 5.

3) this isn't a scientific comparison, it's just for fun and for our own evaluation.

4) please bare in mind this isn't the only thing we have going on here.

5) I'm not in favour of either lighting type, and it's way to early to draw any conclusions.

6) of course we are doing our best to adjust the environment to get the best growth from each tent, but we only have what we have, and have to make do.

7) in summer here you could well see the opposite to the results we are all seeing thus far.

Just some points !

1) leds have been hung at exactly what tang specified when I asked to double check, 55-60 cm.

2) there is no central heating here.
at the moment in northern spain daytime temps are 13 deg c, night around 5.

3) this isn't a scientific comparison, it's just for fun and for our own evaluation.

4) please bare in mind this isn't the only thing we have going on here.

5) I'm not in favour of either lighting type, and it's way to early to draw any conclusions.

6) of course we are doing our best to adjust the environment to get the best growth from each tent, but we only have what we have, and have to make do.

7) in summer here you could well see the opposite to the results we are all seeing thus far.

Picture angles can make it look further away than it is. You could try it at 50cm bro see if you still get the same even spread,if there not stretching the height will be fine though.

Bro any thread with LED v HPS with bring a lot of debate....hopefully mature.

Good for you.

And no where in the title thread does it says "comparison" ....

J

..........to see how two LEDs will hold up VS one 400/600w HPS = Comparison......me thinks!

@Mephisto, fair enough, but I think some will consider this a rumble between 2 lights.....oh well......Minds3.jpg

Last edited:
It's not designed to get anyone's panties in a twist, and if people read everything by the end I'm sure we'll have learnt a lot of things.

as I say primarily it's for us, if we can get a respectable yield for our time running the LED tent year round and only using this small amount of power then it will be well worth it.

Maybe we'll end up using different lighting combinations to
suit each season,

perhaps the spread of lighting isn't adequate to suit the many plants in a tent way of growing,

obvioisly led's work fantastically for many people here, but our requirements and grow styles aren't typical of everyone out there.

but I'm not a hasty person, and have an open mind to evaluate things fairly, growing doesn't always go to plan, and it takes time to get things dialled in.

We are weeks and weeks away from the finish line so no need to write off anything.

Cheers

Picture angles can make it look further away than it is. You could try it at 50cm bro see if you still get the same even spread,if there not stretching the height will be fine though.

Bro any thread with LED v HPS with bring a lot of debate....hopefully mature.

I smoke to that brother.

Back