Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

Who knows there lack of height, could possibly make there buds more dense, subbed in, and can't wait to see the final results

IT IS a rumble between two lights, but lets make it a fun one :Sharing One:

Justin

cavewoman.gifof course.........it IS fun........and kudos to Mephisto for putting it on!

hello mitch:tiphat:this is a very informative thread:kusht: the best of two world's comparing hps to led and some of your genetic's:d5: also a test for the gn led's:Cool bud:
so I would like to sub up if you don't mind? even if I am at the back of the bus:grin::Sharing One:[video=youtube;nnm9AChEcro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnm9AChEcro[/video]

hello mitch:tiphat:this is a very informative thread:kusht: the best of two world's comparing hps to led and some of your genetic's:d5: also a test for the gn led's:Cool bud:
so I would like to sub up if you don't mind? even if I am at the back of the bus:grin::Sharing One:[video=youtube;nnm9AChEcro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnm9AChEcro[/video]

All the cool kids is in the back of the bus.

J

LED tent - My feeling is the 6th row (closest in shot) is not getting so much light - plants still growing of course, but coverage of the remainder seems good.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture421549-led-d10-tent-s.jpg

Comparison - Picked a nice sized HPS and a nice sized LED grown.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture421547-d10-comparison-s.jpg

CHeers all.

Nice this is interesting, imo its actually a pretty fair comparison...same strains, same soil, same pot size, same nutes, etc. The only thing that seems to be different is the temp by only a few degrees but even if the leds were placed closer i think that would take away from some of the outer led plants since he mentions some of the plants aren't getting good coverage already at the height the lights are at. im subbed tho looking forward to seeing how this goes :tiphat:

edit: Also im curious on how you water all those especially the ones in the back lol. Do you take them all out or just reach back their and water? :Sharing One:

Nice this is interesting, imo its actually a pretty fair comparison...same strains, same soil, same pot size, same nutes, etc. The only thing that seems to be different is the temp by only a few degrees but even if the leds were placed closer i think that would take away from some of the outer led plants since he mentions some of the plants aren't getting good coverage already at the height the lights are at. im subbed tho looking forward to seeing how this goes :tiphat:

edit: Also im curious on how you water all those especially the ones in the back lol. Do you take them all out or just reach back their and water? :Sharing One:

See post # 44

J

To me a true comparison would be watt for watt the same.

but, think of it this way.

for the led tent to achieve 1 gram per watt, plants need only to average 4 grams each

for the hps tent to achieve 1gpw the average weight needs to be 16.6g

for the led tent to achieve 1 gram per watt, plants need only to average 4 grams each

This is true, but then again every where I read people says that 2 of this LEDs should compare to 400-600w of hps, thats way there is such a big fuzz about them...

But like I said before and many more with me...we Love this thread and the style of growing!!

Can you please fast forward like 6 weeks? I cant stand to have to wait any more...lol

I don't think you will have a problem getting a gram per watt bro, remember the Auto Ultimate that was vegged alongside your two girls at the start? Well she came down today and weighs 2021g wet so should easy be 500g+ dry and that was under just 300w of GNs old tech for bloom and way less for veg oh and the Cheese too that came in at 270g dry under 180w so it will be 770g+ from max 480w LED.....when you get them dialled in bro you will be blown away what LED can do.

Back