Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

If those HS1s were hung more diagonal, would the coverage be any different?

Damn! That HPS is rocking!!! I may need to look into that for future use. It'll be very interesting to see how the 490 actual LED watts in my tent compare to the 600 watts of HPS. Great growing and thanks for making time to update!

:Sharing One:

It's a surprising difference than what I thought it was going to be. I'm anxious to see how they progress.

It's a surprising difference than what I thought it was going to be. I'm anxious to see how they progress.

Main thing is everything looks healthy :)
They're all on 24/7 now, We have another tent running now for upcoming seed making :)
So, It'll add more heat and we'll be able to knock the hours down.

Still, very very early days!

Damn! That HPS is rocking!!! I may need to look into that for future use. It'll be very interesting to see how the 490 actual LED watts in my tent compare to the 600 watts of HPS. Great growing and thanks for making time to update!

:Sharing One:

Have you always been LED gbd?

If those HS1s were hung more diagonal, would the coverage be any different?

The design of the hs1 means the lighting is not central to the unit, it's eminates from one corner.
They were set up so they were facing the opposite ways to each other to give, what I thought the most even coverage.

I had to do a fix on them both a few days ago, and so i'll re-set them up how they were.

Also the new tent has a parabolic open shade, so i'll do some testing with the light meter with that to see just how even the coverage is with that style reflector.

Cheers!

Yes, sir. CFLs for a few days while waiting on my first LED, but that's it.

WoW, I did not think it would or could be such a big difference this early on...but....wow. I like what I see because I am an hps guy and those led are so damn expensive anyway.

Justin

edit: Looks like those led are more for growing one or maybe two plants at a time, but with an hps you can grow many more than that. Making the led in a way even more expensiv.

This is the big down side with the led light during winter time to me, its hard to keep up with those temps without a heater. And a heater is a big watt eater. But in the summer it is the other way around with hps bringing temps up like crazy tho..

Its winter here and I'm using an 80w tube heater for an hour a day so very little energy used on heat,if you grow outside in a shed I can understand your point but most home growers grow indoors which will more than likely have central heating.

Day 10 from sprout update:

HPS tent - on 600w since yesterday
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture421548-hps-d10-tent-s.jpg

LED tent - My feeling is the 6th row (closest in shot) is not getting so much light - plants still growing of course, but coverage of the remainder seems good.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture421549-led-d10-tent-s.jpg

Comparison - Picked a nice sized HPS and a nice sized LED grown.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture421547-d10-comparison-s.jpg

CHeers all.

Something VERY wrong here bro in my opinion the lights look to hight and your temp is way to low for growing under LED.

have a look at the first 5 mins of this and it shoud explain better than I can here [video=youtube_share;xJIjJ5nZUZw]http://youtu.be/xJIjJ5nZUZw[/video]

Excellent video. Have to agree with Tang's comment, the setup looks wrong and since it is very unclear what the temperature Min/Max/average are in each tent, this is not a good comparison grow........Even Stevens don't spring to mind.

Found this, and for the money it seems like a worthwhile gadget to have around when doing this type of comparisons

http://www.test-meter.co.uk/extech-lt45-colour-led-light-meter/

TEST METER AND
TEST EQUIPMENT EXPERTS

• HOME
  • EXTECH LT45 COLOUR LED LIGHT METER

Extech LT45 Colour LED Light Meter

Be the first to review this product
Official distributor for:

• Measures Colour LED Light Level or Light Intensity in Luminous intensity to 400,000Lux /40,000Fc
  • Measures white, red, yellow, green, blue and purple LEDs and standard lighting
  • Manually store/ recall up to 99 readings, Min max and average Mode

In Stock
Price Promise >
Quantity Discount

£229.00£274.80 (Inc. VAT)
rrp £319.00

ADD TO BASKET
QTY​

"Versatile Colour LED Light Meter ideal for Environmental Surveyors"

• [h=2]Description[/h][h=3]Extech LT45 LED Light Meter[/h]The Extech LT45 Colour LED Light meter is the ideal tool for an environmental surveyor or engineer wishing to optimize and monitor LED light levels in a given location . Measure up to 40,000 Fc (Foot candles) or 400,000 lux.
    As prices for LEDs decrease they are becoming the natural alternative for many installers as they offer a long lasting environmentally friendly bright light source.
    The LT45 Light Meter offers an easy to navigate portable, handheld instrument capable of measuring not only the common white LEDs but also coloured LEDs, you can select red, yellow, green, blue, purple or white for measurement
    Extech have increased the flexibility of the meter by introducing an external light sensor adjustable to 1.5 metres and an internal memory which can store up to 99 readings. These results can be recalled easily by pressing the MEM READ function and using the scrolling keys.
    Much like Extech’s lower model light device the Extech LT40 the meter will measure in Lux or Foot Candles (Fc) complete with Min/Max Average feature. The device boasts a built in Cosine and colour correction measurement attribute and a high definition 4000 display count LCD screen.
    The Extech LT45 Colour LED Light meter is perfect for individuals new to LED monitoring or advanced surveyors looking for a versatile lightweight instrument.

• Specification

Specifications Extech LT45
    • Foot-candle (Fc) Range 40, 400 4000, 40000
    • Lux Range 400, 4000, 40000, 400000
    • LED Type white, red, yellow, green, blue, purple
    • Basic Accuracy ±3%
    • Dimensions 5.1x2.2x1.5" (130x55x38mm)
    • Weight 8.80z (250g)

• Supplied Accessories
  • Product Questions
  • Reviews
  • Delivery Information

• RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES

Something VERY wrong here bro in my opinion the lights look to hight and your temp is way to low for growing under LED.

have a look at the first 5 mins of this and it shoud explain better than I can here [video=youtube_share;xJIjJ5nZUZw]http://youtu.be/xJIjJ5nZUZw[/video]

Yup, but if he lowers the light he will not get such a big spread of the light and will have to remove a lot of plants and maybe he dosent have central heating bro.

Back