Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

Does the snipping of the 1st and 2nd branches stunt the autos at all? Can it be done with any strain?

I don't do it on rapid finishers.
And it is better to plan on doing it sooner, rather than opps look at that long assed sucker.
In other words the quicker the better, for autos if you are thinning.
I usually let a strain do what it is going to the first grow out, then I have a plan if it merits growing a second time.

Does the snipping of the 1st and 2nd branches stunt the autos at all? Can it be done with any strain?

I have never seen adverse effects, they just get on with their job. What they would've produced there gets redirected to the other sites.
Really though I'll play it by ear, if the branches stay short or they grow upwards rather than outwards, then they'll be left alone :)

Awesome to know, guys! I've never did any type of intentional leaf removal, but I think I will experiment a bit with my next grow. Right now I have a while mess of leaves and it is making scrogging a bit of a pain. Next grow I'll be looking to thin the leaves out a bit, and see how much the buds beneath the screen benefit from this. Thanks for the info, Mitch and Grey Bear.

Excellent Thread! Gray Bear I'm with you. I follow the recipe the first time then screw with the ingredients once I have a baseline. Mitch I have four 24 Carat growing all clustered closely together in a hydroponics unit. How would you trim the leaves? Thanks

Excellent Thread! Gray Bear I'm with you. I follow the recipe the first time then screw with the ingredients once I have a baseline. Mitch I have four 24 Carat growing all clustered closely together in a hydroponics unit. How would you trim the leaves? Thanks

first up, always tuck big fans where possible to expose the bud-sites underneath.
then, if plants are fixed in position ie a bed, or multiple plants in a hydro site, I would see if it's possible to tie/manipulate them slightly to open them out/even the canopy.

if it's too late for the above suggestions, then for improved airflow or exposing more sites I would strategically remove the biggest fans, just a couple at a time and see how you get on with that.

Right guys, finally got around to some pics!
Today was Day 7 from sprout..

Things to report, we had one casualty during the week in the LED tent, all had sprouted and were above ground, and then one flopped over and shriveled (R.I.P SC #36) So down to 35 in the LED tent, not a major problem, as with 36 one is always a bit too close to the clip fan.

HPS tent was switched up today to 75% brightness, the shade has been lowered to 45cm from the seedlings

Here is the hps tent, and an average plant @ day 7
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture420615-hps-7-s.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture420616-hps-7-p-s.jpg

Here's the same from the LED tent
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture420617-led-7-s.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture420618-ledp7s.jpg

LED plants, not as developed, but they look healthy, and it's early days.

Took some readings with the light meter in each tent, in Fc

HPS: Directly under light 5.40 fc @ 75% brightness
0.80 fc at the far edges

LED; Directly under light 0.17 fc
0.05 fc at the far edges

Cheers!

Thanks Mitch! Is there a lot of extra heat in the HPS Tent? If so is the extra heat in the HPS tent is contributing to the growth of the seedlings in it?

Back