Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

Hi,
I've got it to about 3 degrees difference. 72 vs 75

The HPS is aircooled and that tent is larger in height,

The LED tent has the fan heater blowing very close to the intake port of the LED tent and it's on 24/7,
The lights in both tents are also now on 24/7, so the room and tents temperatures are now pretty steady.

The led plants look healthy, just a bit slower so far.

Do you have a temperature probe you can use to measure the soil temps of the LED vs HPS? That could account for the growth difference. Just a digital kitchen therm would work, but Id try to measure from the middle of the pot, not the surface. Just curious.

Make sure you run the LED tent with low RH in veg,ideally you want 35-45% RH and 26-28c for the entire grow.

Do you have a temperature probe you can use to measure the soil temps of the LED vs HPS? That could account for the growth difference. Just a digital kitchen therm would work, but Id try to measure from the middle of the pot, not the surface. Just curious.

sorry we don't have a probe.
Could be a combination of soil
and airtemp, the majority in the LED tent are looking good, just a few days behind their hps sisters.

Make sure you run the LED tent with low RH in veg,ideally you want 35-45% RH and 26-28c for the entire grow.

Generally we never let temps get past 80.
but now 72 deg (measured from in the shade at a lower level than plant height), is the best I can get it.

tang what height do you keep your lights above seedlings?

I have never seen adverse effects, they just get on with their job. What they would've produced there gets redirected to the other sites.
Really though I'll play it by ear, if the branches stay short or they grow upwards rather than outwards, then they'll be left alone :)

Sorry to drag this branch snipping issue out, but I think I will give it a try, and I want to do it right. Do you snip the branches as soon as they appear, or do you wait for a specific amount of time?

sorry we don't have a probe.
Could be a combination of soil
and airtemp, the majority in the LED tent are looking good, just a few days behind their hps sisters.

Generally we never let temps get past 80.
but now 72 deg (measured from in the shade at a lower level than plant height), is the best I can get it.

tang what height do you keep your lights above seedlings?

It was about 55-60cm with the HS1s bro.

Hi,
I've got it to about 3 degrees difference. 72 vs 75

The HPS is aircooled and that tent is larger in height,

The LED tent has the fan heater blowing very close to the intake port of the LED tent and it's on 24/7,
The lights in both tents are also now on 24/7, so the room and tents temperatures are now pretty steady.

The led plants look healthy, just a bit slower so far.

So with all the equipment together, what tent is drawing the most wattage right now?

Justin

This is the big down side with the led light during winter time to me, its hard to keep up with those temps without a heater. And a heater is a big watt eater. But in the summer it is the other way around with hps bringing temps up like crazy tho..

This is the big down side with the led light during winter time to me, its hard to keep up with those temps without a heater. And a heater is a big watt eater. But in the summer it is the other way around with hps bringing temps up like crazy tho..

So with all the equipment together, what tent is drawing the most wattage right now?

Justin

The fan heater draws 784w,
it's not inside the led tent just positioned blowing into the intake of the LED tent.
but I would think it's having an impact on the room in general.

How do people get on with tube heaters? As if they work, they would be 10x more efficient than the fan heater.

tomorrow there'll be another 600w hps tent being switched on which may eliminate the need for the fan heater.

usually though providing temperatures are not deathly, a tent with 600w regulates itself to within the decent temperature range.

I could disconnect the air cooled shade and remove the glass to get the hps tent temperature up some, but they're growing pretty well as is, it was switched up to full power earlier too, so 600w @d9

cheers

Day 10 from sprout update:

HPS tent - on 600w since yesterday
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture421548-hps-d10-tent-s.jpg

LED tent - My feeling is the 6th row (closest in shot) is not getting so much light - plants still growing of course, but coverage of the remainder seems good.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture421549-led-d10-tent-s.jpg

Comparison - Picked a nice sized HPS and a nice sized LED grown.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture421547-d10-comparison-s.jpg

CHeers all.

Last edited:
Back