Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

Jack away, it's all relevant :)

Hey guys, here we have a day 21 update:

The LED plants are starting to come along now..
Here is how I found them earlier - you can see the plants are mostly looking good, a better size across 4 rows.. The closest row, I may discard in a few days. The back row is smaller than the good 4 but okay.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture425370-led-21-s.jpg

Here's a closer shot of LED SOGGY goodness
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture425371-led-21-2-s.jpg

THe plants are looking nice and healthy, They've only had plain water so far, and not much of it. Temps at the top of the tent are staying a constant 67 degrees.

I took all of them out for their first real re-arrange. And when put back in, looked like this:
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture425372-led-21-3-s.jpg

The HPS tent, at d17 I did a decent leaf tucking session on all of them, but today it was looking pretty crowded, so I did some leaf removal - *I'm not saying to anyone else to try this, but more an experiment for us to see how they handle it. I'm really trying to encourage as many even equal tops as I can

These will need a feed soon, I would say at d25 they'll receive some grow nutrients.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture425369-hps-21-s.jpg

ciao for now compadres

:niceshot:

Really nice SOG Mitch!
Ive been doing lots of research on autostrains to use in SOG looks like Ive for the pefect one...The HPS is pushing the lil ladies.

Did you get the temps up in the LED tent yet Mitch? 19c at the warmest is defiantly affecting growth. Your girls grow really well under LED when there in the right environment here is the HBSS on day 20.

Temp 26-28c RH 32%
LnrzwnP.jpg
468c5ws.jpg

Nice looking plant TANG, look forward to seeing what you can coax out of her as she matures....

Hey tang,

temps are currently at 71 degrees in the LED tent, the hps tent next to it is now on 600w and exhausting into the LED.

temps are 73 in the sog hps tent.

plants are now on 20/4 both tents, since last night.

the LED plants are growing better now in the majority of the space, they actually to me look healthier than their hps equivalents.

There's no doubt you're getting close to the optimum results in your environment, but growing a smaller strain packed together even in perfect conditions they'd never aspire to be as large as a couple of plants in the equivalent area and larger pots.

cheers!

I need to get the temps up in my SoG tent too. Since running the extraction fan mine stays between 66-72 degrees farenheit, 19-22 degrees celsius. My other tent with the 2015 releases stays around 80 degrees farenheit and seems to be perfect. That HBSS is looking good, Tang!

I'm with gbd. I think my current grow has really suffered from a temp range of 65F to 78F.

I need to get the temps up in my SoG tent too. Since running the extraction fan mine stays between 66-72 degrees farenheit, 19-22 degrees celsius. My other tent with the 2015 releases stays around 80 degrees farenheit and seems to be perfect. That HBSS is looking good, Tang!

Are you able to dial down the speed of your extraction fan?

It's not an ideal solution, and you'd see some very high humidity, But you could have your extraction on a timer to click on for 10-15 minutes per hour.. Only a stop gap idea though, we were doing it in the project room for the Sour stompers and CO. for the first 3 weeks of flowering. That's in a basement room where it was much colder than the tent room.

I'm with gbd. I think my current grow has really suffered from a temp range of 65F to 78F.

75-80 is the window we always aim for.

Are you able to dial down the speed of your extraction fan?

I know this was asked to GBD, but we've got ours adjusted to fully kick in at no less than 30 degrees c, it does help.

After 3 winters in the mountains on the farm i'm so envious of people with central heating..

Hey Mitch or gbd,
I have used and had several clients use a 50w-100w submersible aquarium heater in a 1gallon glass jar of water to help keep temps up in smaller spaces like that.
The heater maintains that gallon of water at temp pretty well and safely (a big concern).
You would be surprised how well that warm gallon of water will keep your grow area.

Back