Grow Mediums Mephisto dwc grow deep blue c, sour bubbly, sodk, and walter white x sour stomper

@HotBunz you are saying that you have your water level above your net pots? I would like to see pictures of your bucket being filled to the top. I have never seen this and I have been growin in DWC for a LONNNNNG time. As @IndicaIVoz you can totally overwater in DWC, I know that you have been successful so far with your DWC setup and that is good but something don't add up. Unless you are pumping so much oxygen into the water that it doesn't have enough time to submerge and drown the roots. If your roots are always in water they will die period. If you don't think DWC can be overwatered just check out @Frankthetank's current DWC grow where his water level was too high and his plants were over watered, then his air pump clogged up and again his plants were over watered. So can you take a picture of your rez being full to the top? Now the one caveat to this is that if your plants are really big and drinking a lot and you fill the water level up high it will drink it down fast enough to not have adverse effects, but there is no way I see to do it from the begining

Thanks man ,I didn't want to be disrespectful to anyone I'm sure @HotBunz just meant something else perhaps ..but yeah i was very perplexed at the prospect...Thanks for driving that one home for me But if there is a way of not sending them to davy jones locker i wanna know about it!! haha ;)

Last edited:
Hey guys yea the water level in that bucket is quite low I gotta do a rez change on it tonight but since this morning it's perked back up that pic was about two hours after lights on so I'm pretty sure that's why it was droopy. I don't believe your seeing algae the roots are actually pretty white I think it's a combo of bad picture taking skills and the orange glow of the hps.

@HotBunz unfortunately I'm running this grow of a very limited budget so no ppm meter I'm just running the gh flora line at half strength and doing weekly rez changes hoping that will keep me in a good ballpark area for ppm. I do check pH daily but it's with the liquid drops so it's not tremendous accurate but I try to keep it around 5.8-6

@IndicaIVoz @Squigy04 @derek420colorado let me apologize. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass I was just implying that "over watering" in DWC is an oxymoron much like "Jumbo Shrimp"...haha...jumbo shrimp......I love that saying. I don't get out much guys so cut me a break ok?

With that aside I think a better term would be 'drowning" in a case like this. As for my set up YES I end up with my bucket filled to the very top. I start with my solution level about 1"(25.4mm) below the bottom of the net pot. Looking at my spread sheet from my last Grape Crinkle by day 16 I had raised the solution level to about half way up the net pot and on day 23 I was running a full bucket. A full bucket for me is about 1.5" from the top of the rim of the bucket. Keep in mind I am running HTG Rhizocore bucket tops. With these tops/net pots I have roots in my bucket by day 2 and I start a 100PPM feed by day 3 at which point I already have a tap root a few inches long in the bucket. I will attach a picture from my last Grape Crinkle's tap root on day 5. The tap root in that picture is well over 1 foot long. I am also only using 3.5 gallon buckets because I can't afford to lose the height from a 5 gallon bucket. As Derek note my plants suck a lot of water with my set up. The Grape Crinkle was drinking nearly 2 gallons of water in 24 hours! So towards the end of my grows with a full bucket of roots and filled to the top with solution by the time she sucks down a gallon of water the bucket is half empty and the top half of the root ball is in open air. I run a simple generic $15.00, 127 lph Elemental air pump from my local hydro store.

5daytap.jpg

@IndicaIVoz @Squigy04 @derek420colorado let me apologize. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass I was just implying that "over watering" in DWC is an oxymoron much like "Jumbo Shrimp"...haha...jumbo shrimp......I love that saying. I don't get out much guys so cut me a break ok?

With that aside I think a better term would be 'drowning" in a case like this. As for my set up YES I end up with my bucket filled to the very top. I start with my solution level about 1"(25.4mm) below the bottom of the net pot. Looking at my spread sheet from my last Grape Crinkle by day 16 I had raised the solution level to about half way up the net pot and on day 23 I was running a full bucket. A full bucket for me is about 1.5" from the top of the rim of the bucket. Keep in mind I am running HTG Rhizocore bucket tops. With these tops/net pots I have roots in my bucket by day 2 and I start a 100PPM feed by day 3 at which point I already have a tap root a few inches long in the bucket. I will attach a picture from my last Grape Crinkle's tap root on day 5. The tap root in that picture is well over 1 foot long. I am also only using 3.5 gallon buckets because I can't afford to lose the height from a 5 gallon bucket. As Derek note my plants suck a lot of water with my set up. The Grape Crinkle was drinking nearly 2 gallons of water in 24 hours! So towards the end of my grows with a full bucket of roots and filled to the top with solution by the time she sucks down a gallon of water the bucket is half empty and the top half of the root ball is in open air. I run a simple generic $15.00, 127 lph Elemental air pump from my local hydro store.

View attachment 603394

Ok whew I knew something was goin on, yeah if you are doin everything right(which I have to say HB you smash it bro) and later when the plants ar, e drinking more then I would see this working, obviously it is lol. Also if you have enough air in their I would see this being ok as well

View attachment 603394

Haha yeah i thought you may have meant something like that and don't worry,I know the feeling of not getting out much ;)
i like those nets actually i might get some myself they make a lot of sense ;)

@HotBunz do u use a medium-less propagator for bare root seedlings?

Nope....the closest I get to a propagator is I do the wet paper towel in a Tupperware container on my warm cable box germination method and then into a genetic root cube placed in the net pot.

Back