New Grower Mephisto Deez Nugs&Forbidden Cookie x Forum. First time Grower in Soil

Hey Sou mate :smoking: I think i can recall the Australia EasyOrganics water only soil(if it was cheaper i would get it) they said dont water till run off, i think. When they are small they dont need run off till they get a bit larger. Humidty is certainly pretty low, i put mine in a plastic storage bin with lid slightly up to let air in, sort of helps a bit with low humidty especially if i added a glass for warm water. I wish I knew

Maybe try, as sometimes i get a notification as AFN gladiator, to a thread to try to help, use the @ and gladiator. I am not sure of bio silicone. Great the the othe rgirls are not causing issues except one, do hope FC will bounce back.

Smokey :)

Another update haven't posted for some days.

The leaves are starting to curl on all my plants, i'm straight away thinking humidity? But then again I could be over watering, this isn't coco after all, I think I may leave them dry for an extra day see what happens. Regardless I'll be picking up a humidifier in a couple of days just to help them along a bit. Great if someone could chime in on what they think the issue is. One of the FC has been sad from the first week of life, not sure what it is as the others seem to be doing fine minus the leaf curl. A lot more droopyness and leaf curl on this one, no idea :sadcry:

Fc x Forum - Day 16
Deez nugs - Day 14
20200420_230013.jpg
20200420_223842.jpg
20200420_223852.jpg
20200420_225918.jpg
20200420_225946.jpg
20200420_225951.jpg
20200420_230009.jpg
20200420_230013.jpg
20200420_230034.jpg
20200420_230039.jpg
20200420_230043.jpg

Attachments

• 20200420_230047.jpg
    20200420_230047.jpg
    742 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Hey Sou mate :smoking: I think i can recall the Australia EasyOrganics water only soil(if it was cheaper i would get it) they said dont water till run off, i think. When they are small they dont need run off till they get a bit larger. Humidty is certainly pretty low, i put mine in a plastic storage bin with lid slightly up to let air in, sort of helps a bit with low humidty especially if i added a glass for warm water. I wish I knew

Maybe try, as sometimes i get a notification as AFN gladiator, to a thread to try to help, use the @ and gladiator. I am not sure of bio silicone. Great the the othe rgirls are not causing issues except one, do hope FC will bounce back.

Smokey :)

Hello again hope you are well mate. I'm thinking the same they are too young so I'll wait until they are more developed. a humidifier will be on the way in a few days! I also raised the light. Maybe that will perk them up a little aye, a sure do hope so. I'm doing all sorts and it's just not helping, or just not lasting long enough.
I hope she perks too, I hope they all do. we will have to wait and see!

Last edited:
Hello again hope you are well mate. I'm thinking the same they are too young so I'll wait until they are more developed. a humidifier will be on the way in a few days! I also raised the light. Maybe that will perk them up a little aye, a sure do hope so. I'm doing all sorts and it's just not helping, or just not lasting long enough.
I hope she perks too, I hope they all do. we will have to wait and see!
Hey Sou mate,
I am doing okay thanks mate. That's great you have a humditifer on the way. Its pretty low humidty here atm. Not sure if they need more water or not, how does the bottom of the pot look mate? GrowWeed Easy, this chick has some great tutorials. I doubt the clawing woulld be like N or something. Hope the girls issues go soon

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/underwatering
https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/overwatering
https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-often-water-marijuana

Hey Sou mate,
I am doing okay thanks mate. That's great you have a humditifer on the way. Its pretty low humidty here atm. Not sure if they need more water or not, how does the bottom of the pot look mate? GrowWeed Easy, this chick has some great tutorials. I doubt the clawing woulld be like N or something. Hope the girls issues go soon

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/underwatering
https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/overwatering
https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-often-water-marijuana

The humidifier has arrived and I gotta say that's the last time I buy cheap of ebay! Gets over 60%RH now in my tent, just not for very long. I suppose it's better than the sub 30% these poor girls have had to deal with! I watered until run off for the first time this week. I believe they're drinking at such a rate that it will be okay just as long as I don't let them sit in it. The sad plant unfortunately is still the sad plant and I feel like the other girls are followign suit, all have developed slight leaf curl but still look a lot happier than that one FC x Forum. I have diallied it down to humidity and I'm just going to have to deal with it until they mature a little more. I have checked out GrowWeedEasy, I think it's a great website for info. All the best to you Smokey!:smoking:

Edit: Just noticed the links underneath :baked:

Humidity - 50%RH
FC x Forum - Day 20
Deez Nugs - Day 18

20200424_134425.jpg
20200424_143430.jpg

Attachments

• 20200424_134431.jpg
    20200424_134431.jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
The humidifier has arrived and I gotta say that's the last time I buy cheap of ebay! Gets over 60%RH now in my tent, just not for very long. I suppose it's better than the sub 30% these poor girls have had to deal with! I watered until run off for the first time this week. I believe they're drinking at such a rate that it will be okay just as long as I don't let them sit in it. The sad plant unfortunately is still the sad plant and I feel like the other girls are followign suit, all have developed slight leaf curl but still look a lot happier than that one FC x Forum. I have diallied it down to humidity and I'm just going to have to deal with it until they mature a little more. I have checked out GrowWeedEasy, I think it's a great website for info. All the best to you Smokey!:smoking:

Edit: Just noticed the links underneath :baked:

Humidity - 50%RH
FC x Forum - Day 20
Deez Nugs - Day 18

View attachment 1182444View attachment 1182457
Hi Sou mate
I was about to say if you watered till run off, that's good as they seem pretty big now in that they fill the pot. Look healthy apart from the slight curl your worried about. The new growth from what i see isnt curling and looks fine. They cheap ebay stuff is pretty bad the temperate gauge was so cheap $8 included postage from china, it was pretty good for temp, humidity not sure not bad, sometimes you get lucky with cheap stuff other times its trash. AutoFlower sickbay also for Questions. Sorry for the late reply. GrowEasyEasy is good, and has a forum but too much to be on so many forums AFN is the largest. Let me know how the girls are now with your next update

Hi Sou mate
I was about to say if you watered till run off, that's good as they seem pretty big now in that they fill the pot. Look healthy apart from the slight curl your worried about. The new growth from what i see isnt curling and looks fine. They cheap ebay stuff is pretty bad the temperate gauge was so cheap $8 included postage from china, it was pretty good for temp, humidity not sure not bad, sometimes you get lucky with cheap stuff other times its trash. AutoFlower sickbay also for Questions. Sorry for the late reply. GrowEasyEasy is good, and has a forum but too much to be on so many forums AFN is the largest. Let me know how the girls are now with your next update

Hope you are well Smokey:pass:. They are all being watered until runoff now its just I didn't want to swamp them early on as soil compacts a lot more than coco in my experience. The sad plant seems to be picking up slowly but surely, and overall it looks beautiful in my tent when I wake up and take a look. They have all started to show their sex now more or less and have started/are close to flowering so I'm going to keep the humidifier in their a few days longer as its already approaching the %60 with all the plant matter in there. Will bump up my extraction soon for this.
Only thing bothering me is the leaf curl, I have raised my light again in the back of my mind I think it's something to do with that. When they are a little more along i'm going to fill the pots to the brim with more batmix and some eco thrive charge as a little boost see how long that lasts then once the soil gives out ( I have read the oomph lasts a few weeks into flower) I'll start on the fishmix and PM OT Bloom on very small doses if need it.
They are stating to stretch now, I may put the scrog net down that came with my tent if they get any bigger, never done one before :joy:

FC x Forum - Days 26
Deez Nugs - Days 22

20200430_104103.jpg

Haven't updated this in a while, I started working a new job and its quite demanding, they just get fed and thats it now, as it should be I guess.

Had a pretty big defoliation to try make some space. When they started to flower some light green leaf tips started to show straight away, I think this is high nitrogen in the soil and when they changed cycles they need less so in turn I have burned my plants? Either that or the oomph in the batmix has just given out because they are losing their green colour. From other peoples experiences it does seem to lose its strength around now. From there I gave a good feed of plain water till they were starting to yellow a little more as I wasn't sure if there was nutes still in the soil mix and then one feed of fishmix and biobizz bloom. I have just upped the bloom from 1ml to 2ml today. I was having heat issues with my plants curling their leaves inwards, I have placed my light as high as it can go which is 24" I just hope they don't grow any taller. Gave my carbon filter hood a good clean as I thought that may be the cause with all the dust build up on top of the nice weather were having it's quite hot. I have started to notice little marks and rips on the leaves, It has been a bug free grow up until now I suspect I might start a foliar feed with some sort of safe pesticide or neem oil. Overall I guess, they're still green, which is a good sign.... Only time will tell top see how they react to the biobizz as they in batmix most of their lives.

Photos were taken on days 30, 33, 34, 36
20200430_104103.jpg
20200504_094651.jpg
20200504_094657.jpg
20200507_145733.jpg
20200507_145759.jpg
20200508_144407.jpg
20200508_144413.jpg
20200510_043454.jpg

Last edited:
Hope you are well Smokey:pass:. They are all being watered until runoff now its just I didn't want to swamp them early on as soil compacts a lot more than coco in my experience. The sad plant seems to be picking up slowly but surely, and overall it looks beautiful in my tent when I wake up and take a look. They have all started to show their sex now more or less and have started/are close to flowering so I'm going to keep the humidifier in their a few days longer as its already approaching the %60 with all the plant matter in there. Will bump up my extraction soon for this.
Only thing bothering me is the leaf curl, I have raised my light again in the back of my mind I think it's something to do with that. When they are a little more along i'm going to fill the pots to the brim with more batmix and some eco thrive charge as a little boost see how long that lasts then once the soil gives out ( I have read the oomph lasts a few weeks into flower) I'll start on the fishmix and PM OT Bloom on very small doses if need it.
They are stating to stretch now, I may put the scrog net down that came with my tent if they get any bigger, never done one before :joy:

FC x Forum - Days 26
Deez Nugs - Days 22

View attachment 1185065
Hey Sou , Bro sorry for the late reply been a bit mia from AFN
:pass: They are looking pretty good to me, still nice and green, i think i can see a bit of yellow at the tips, that probaby is the soil as you suspect. Rising the light in theory should make them stretch to the light. Congrats on the new job. I cant see the leave curl, i had a few plants with leave tips pointing down, not sure what it is , but seem fine otherwise.. They are about week 4

Greetings homies :mrgreen: Little update, one of the FC has been unhappy since sprout, planted in light mix, same settings as the others. I think it's down to the low humidity, I haven't had the money to purchase a little humidifier so my rhumidity is always around 25 - 37, the lowest I have seen is 17rh yet the other plants seem to be doing okay, upped the watering today also, not till runoff but a good generous amount. The other girls seem to be coming along without problems so far, hopefully things can stay that way! I have some bio-silicone I'm going to start foliar feeding or maybe a soil soak at some point this week, if anyone has any experience using this stuff tips would be great
Edit: I have tried hanging towels out of bowls, spraying the hell out of my tent,leaving water wherever I can just to bring the rh up.
Edit -Forgot to take pics this day so here's the day after:smoking:
Light - 24 Hrs
FC x Forum - Day 14
Deez Nugs - Day 12

souView attachment 1181083View attachment 1181084View attachment 1181085View attachment 1181086View attachment 1181087View attachment 1181088View attachment 1181089View attachment 1181090View attachment 1181091View attachment 1181092View attachment 1181093View attachment 1181094
Just a slow starter.all.happy young ones .good.job.dont add any nutrients to ur girls until day 21.just give ur plants plain water .biobizz lightmix will do the rest for u I promise u that.all the best and happy growing.;)

Back