New Grower Mephisto Chemdoggin and Cropking WW

IMG_0687.JPG
IMG_0688.JPG
IMG_0689.JPG
IMG_0690.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG
IMG_0692.JPG

Day 19 Chemdoggin progress.

The 2 under LED and the sprout are all white widow.

Just saw this. I they look alright to me. I'm germing 6 chem dogs right now, so very interesting for me.

Thanks man nice to know there's a couple people following it...yeah they look pretty good. That lil thing didn't spread so not worried about it.. I've found if you ask people what it might be, you'll get 100 different answers. That's just the way it is lol so gotta take most with a pinch of salt and just test it out for yourself.
Just saw this. I they look alright to me. I'm germing 6 chem dogs right now, so very interesting for me.

View attachment 797625 View attachment 797627
Please look. Sick plant. Need advice. Well, only 16 days in and I already have an issue. I feel like I should've posted this is in the 1st time growers seen as this is only my 2nd grow, but didn't because technically it isn't my 1st...point being is I'm still a noob.

Anyway, this is only on the Chemdoggin plants, not on the white widows. Both have had exactly the same treatment. I'm assuming it isn't a huge deal, but can someone please give me an opinion on what they think might've caused this??

I might post this in the sick plants thread but I find this site so difficult to navigate, that I'll probably take a break before I do. Anyone else have a hard time navigating, or just me? I typed the first sentence in a probably feeble attempt at getting more traffic on this thread.

I'm relatively new with growing canna specifically, also the whole nutrient deficiency thing, so take my advice as you feel - but those pics with the tiny circular yellow blotching, if you check out the 4th, 5th, and 6th photos down under calcium deficiency in the 'quick and dirty deficiency' thread in the infirmary it looks to be similar to that, visually speaking. I have a viparspectra also, 600w reflector series, ended up having to amend in some calcium using a 1-0-0 CalMag supplement, my leaves started out looking pretty identical to those pics you have here. CalMag halted it in its tracks [if what I was experiencing was really a calcium deficiency]. It seems to be a common trend for people that run LED to have calcium deficiency.

I could be wrong on this, but like I mentioned - I just saw your pics and how they looked similar to my plant so I figure I'd throw my 2c in.

Plants lookin good otherwise brother :pass::d5:

Last edited:
Looking good. Yeah I've found that with the LED lights the plants love some calmag with every feeding/watering. No matter what my girls get 2 teaspoons to a gallon and they've never looked better under LED's.

I'm relatively new with growing canna specifically, also the whole nutrient deficiency thing, so take my advice as you feel - but those pics with the tiny circular yellow blotching, if you check out the 4th, 5th, and 6th photos down under calcium deficiency in the 'quick and dirty deficiency' thread in the infirmary it looks to be similar to that, visually speaking. I have a viparspectra also, 600w reflector series, ended up having to amend in some calcium using a 1-0-0 CalMag supplement, my leaves started out looking pretty identical to those pics you have here. CalMag halted it in its tracks [if what I was experiencing was really a calcium deficiency]. It seems to be a common trend for people that run LED to have calcium deficiency.

I could be wrong on this, but like I mentioned - I just saw your pics and how they looked similar to my plant so I figure I'd throw my 2c in.

Plants lookin good otherwise brother :pass::d5:

Oh yeah...don't get me wrong, I appreciate your 2 cents and I appreciate everyone else who takes the time to give me their input. Also, when there is an overwhelming number of people saying one thing, then yeah, it'd probably be wise for anyone to listen to all that advice. It's just what I found on my first grow was I'd get 100 different opinions which would ultimately just cause confusion if ya know what I mean, so this time, I'm asking for and listening to advice, but I'm also not worrying about it TOO much..I'm gonna try a couple of different things and not over complicate it. If I F something up then I'll learn through experience.

Also, it happened to the plants under my LEC as well as under LED, but it only happened to the chemdoggin strain, so for that reason i'm ruling out it having anything to do with the light. I was spraying them all with a light nute solution so I'm gonna go with it being due to that, especially seen as it hasn't spread since I stopped. if it happens again though I'll def add extra Calmag!

Oh yeah...don't get me wrong, I appreciate your 2 cents and I appreciate everyone else who takes the time to give me their input. Also, when there is an overwhelming number of people saying one thing, then yeah, it'd probably be wise for anyone to listen to all that advice. It's just what I found on my first grow was I'd get 100 different opinions which would ultimately just cause confusion if ya know what I mean, so this time, I'm asking for and listening to advice, but I'm also not worrying about it TOO much..I'm gonna try a couple of different things and not over complicate it. If I F something up then I'll learn through experience.

Also, it happened to the plants under my LEC as well as under LED, but it only happened to the chemdoggin strain, so for that reason i'm ruling out it having anything to do with the light. I was spraying them all with a light nute solution so I'm gonna go with it being due to that, especially seen as it hasn't spread since I stopped. if it happens again though I'll def add extra Calmag!
I have had similar marks that i know have been down to me dribbling nute rich water when moving around from plant to plant with my can [emoji111] ..........but im no expert .....looking good

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Yeah I know how that is - as far as the 100 different opinions go. The cactus community is huge with that and the whole genetics side of things haha [totally different I know haha]. Yeah it's definitely good practice to not be overbearing in your worrying - like you said. That's what I've found so far since starting to grow this plant - if you think an issue/deficiency to be one thing, then start overthinking, running the hypothetical what-ifs, you then start to try to fix it, and there's the potential of making matters worse and not even fixing the original issue haha. It's tough to not care so much [i'm very guilty of this]. Simplicity is super important at times I feel. Good thing we have such a badass forum with a sick-plants section with live help and deficiency guides, and very well put together at that.

Good to hear it hasn't spread since you've stopped nutes. I run FFOF also, and I ran my blue mystic for nearly 4 weeks or so just on just the soil itself [FFOF is packed to the brim with nutes], as I tried giving a small dose of growbig early on [3rd week or so] and it caused tips to get a very slight burn, so I'd waited another week or so, dropped the nute dosage down a bit and went from there.

Just thought I'd share my experience so far. They look beautiful though man, here's to hopin' they thrive! :pass::cheers::d5:

Hit the nail on the head right there...That's exactly how I think about it. It's great having this site, but I never learn anything unless I F it up at least a few times myself first lol

Back