Indoor MedCzech’s ManCave-BioTabs & “The Flavor Chase”

That could cause the stunting for sure. Make sure he has it for proper lumens. Does he have the lux meter app so he can keep the lumens in check?
Light I see ok, not the best light, but it will grow a plant at least 40-50 grams for sure.

It is the one that says lux meter, and the icon is a yellow light bulb with the word LUX inside it.
Ok. I tried that one too. I must be doing it wrong? All 3 apps I tried put out low numbers, all of them claiming my cheap blurple puts out more light ... maybe I oughta move the weed under the blurple. :crying: Using front camera, holding at canopy height 18” ... took these readings a dozen times, these are consistent

Cob:
89342936-AD59-48D6-8E03-0FF215D5D213.jpeg

Blurple:
2EA5A6FF-47DA-4D65-92ED-DB8DE2CC9C7F.jpeg

Ok. I tried that one too. I must be doing it wrong? All 3 apps I tried put out low numbers, all of them claiming my cheap blurple puts out more light ... maybe I oughta move the weed under the blurple. :crying: Using front camera, holding at canopy height 18” ... took these readings a dozen times, these are consistent

Cob:
View attachment 1060880

Blurple:
View attachment 1060881

Tried both also, following along quietly. Both Apps showing really inconsistent and lowers numbers than I thought on both my COBs and QBs. Need to research and add some zeros I think. I’m on an older IPhone so maybe that’s the issue.

Nice tool to have if needed.

FB

Tried both also, following along quietly. Both Apps showing really inconsistent and lowers numbers than I thought on both my COBs and QBs. Need to research and add some zeros I think. I’m on an older IPhone so maybe that’s the issue.

Nice tool to have if needed.

FB
Frenjamin are you getting the same numbers as me on the COBs? I run with no reflectors. I am running a newer iPhone. But yes, the readings are low ...

I’m sure I’m doing a few things wrong but consistent across all 3 apps I’ve tried.

I’ve never wanted a proper PAR meter more than now.
3F480D80-ED21-4DBE-9C45-54899D6D2F9D.jpeg EE29A6A8-D95C-4526-9E91-AFB09BD503C1.jpeg

Same readings
Not worried, nice hard nuggets

I gave a case in phone that could be an issue or any other multiple things I could be doing wrong. It’s a free app so my expectation that it would work like a more expensive meter was pretty low anyway.

I was just curious about the hot spots I know I’m creating with my COB overlap. I’ll play with it again in 8 hours when the lights are back on.

Cob:
View attachment 1060880

Blurple:
View attachment 1060881

Yeah, I have heard that led lights sometimes don't register consistent, but I wasn't my case. I seem to get consistent reading from each light, and the heights made sense in the end as well.

Sorry to hear you guys are having issues. We have to figure this out somehow...

Same readings
Not worried, nice hard nuggets

I gave a case in phone that could be an issue or any other multiple things I could be doing wrong. It’s a free app so my expectation that it would work like a more expensive meter was pretty low anyway.

I was just curious about the hot spots I know I’m creating with my COB overlap. I’ll play with it again in 8 hours when the lights are back on.

Exactly. It can at least be used to identify hot spots.

Don’t worry bout me @MedCzech. Just happy to be following along, I’ll soak up something eventually. I don’t really need an app or a Lux meter at the moment. I clearly had/have canopy distance/ lux/ coverage issues. I don’t train for a dead flat canopy yet, but make it work by taking the top buds early. Add to that my mixed spectrum cob fixtures with the dual cobs at 12” on center at the ends. I plan on redesigning that spread in those a bit, or adding Growmeau pucks eventually.

Cool all the technology we have available to us.

Priority for my summer is to get my 1st Photo Fem run out of the way that I’m running next to my Autos. Get anything off some potting soil grows in bags I started for outdoor. And most import cook my LOS all summer long and see what that looks like in the fall. As always running my DIRTY DWC to maintain a constant supply.

:pass:

Frenjamin are you getting the same numbers as me on the COBs? I run with no reflectors. I am running a newer iPhone. But yes, the readings are low ...

I’m sure I’m doing a few things wrong but consistent across all 3 apps I’ve tried.

I’ve never wanted a proper PAR meter more than now.
View attachment 1060885 View attachment 1060886
Which app you using DG, this is the one I'm using and this gives me roughly 50000 at 18 inches with my lights running at 75% power, that is the actual reading on the phone without adding any 0's to the readings
Screenshot_20190519-164737_Google Play Store.jpg

Which app you using DG, this is the one I'm using and this gives me roughly 50000 at 18 inches with my lights running at 75% power, that is the actual reading on the phone without adding any 0's to the readings
View attachment 1060970
Using these 3:
397F71CE-2FFA-48DA-B896-269E11467582.jpeg

View attachment 1060970
MedCzechs ManCave BioTabs grow is now the Lux Meter discussion,...I love it man. Let's get it rolling along.

They always said the led will give won,y readings, but I got lucky I guess. At last we can use the meter space to get an idea of where it is and use that to gauge moving forward. It doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be similar each time, then we can figure it out.

Any one else have any ideas here?

Back