Indoor MedCzech’s ManCave-BioTabs & “The Flavor Chase”

It's all about the flavour for me as well, the strains these days are all so high in thc that any strain grown well will get you high so for me what sets strains apart are the different flavour profiles and luckily enough for me I'm pretty healthy currently so I'm not growing for medicinal purposes, I would say I love weed more for flavour then high but of course the high is a bonus :LOLStoned:

Yep, agreed, flavor is everything. I have said many times, if they could get weed to hit hard and have great flavor without all that thc, I would be ok with that. I love the taste of good herbs. D not like the fact that really strong herb makes my tongue numb, so then I can't taste as well the herb. I have to drink something while consuming so as to reduce this effect.
Through study I discovered an article from way back about terpene enhancing. Basically to make a long story short, whatever the main terpene of the weed you are smoking is, get a drink that has a lot of that terpene in it as well, and the body, mind, flavor experience goes to another level. For example, I have this great arrange Biscuit, and I drink orange juice while smoking it. It's a different exper that way. Purple Nuggets and Chem Stomper I was drinking Grape Juice, and sour Livers is a little harsh, so I drink tea with milk and honey to mellow out the flavor. Makes the whole thing, the experience of catching a buzz, go up a level of enjoyment, you have to try it bro.

There are great combos as well. Coffee, Cola, and other flavored drinks can all change the experience slightly.

Lovely mate! Just lovely!!!

I have a question about lights...

I have 9 Leds from Rapid led, each 100w.

Are there any theoretical light intensities to follow for the grow? Iam currently at 30% or so, and 65cm from the canopy.

Thank you bro!
Yep, go to the App Store and get the app called lux meter. It's easy to then measure the light level at the canopy. Using that app, levels should be...

Seedling 150-300
Veg phase 300-700
Flower phase 800-1200

It's really a 100 x that so we end up close to the same as the sun in full flower. The sun is around 100,000 to 130,000 and we could end up around 120,000 if the strain allows you to do that. Each strain is different.

Let me know if you need more help.

I’m starting a new bean this week and my top three choices include two of the strains you just finished here. CDLC x SS and orange biscuits. From the sounds of it I should go with the orange biscuits since this one should come down around the beginning of August and I want something that will be good for an outdoor concert I’m attending at the end of that month. Sound about right?

Update MedCzech's ManCave BioTabs Smoke Report :baked:

This is just a quick update for all you guys who were following this thread. I didn't want to lose you completely, as the whole entire reason for this grow was "The Flavor Chase"...

I am happy to report, that as we get the buds to start curing and getting their internal RH down to where it needs to be, there is a lot of great smoking along the way. I have been testing each strain as it goes through the process in the name of science.:face: Ok, in the name of good reporting.:face: Okay!! Because I am impatient and didn't want to wait,...there ya go Med, be honest with your readers!

I will make some photos of the nugs over the weekend, but for now here is the preliminary report.

View attachment 1057566

Orange Biscuit--Grow level- easy to grow, medium to large plant, big eater this girl! 9/10
Frost level-
sticky frosty girl. With sweet citrus aromas with some spice in the background. 9/10
Flavor level-
sweet orange spice and tons of resin covered loveliness. Ticks all my boxes, and due to all those terpenes, she lifts the mood and spirits. Great all day smoke. 10/10
Overall-
best strain for overall performance of flavor and strength as well as effects. Mephisto will need to run this strain again. It is the best of their citrus strains so far. 9.5/10

View attachment 1057562
Chem Stomper- Grow level-
she struggled sue to genetic flaw, and my ignorance to that fact as I then over watered her in the first three weeks. Hard to really judge this grow, but she fought hard. 8/10
Frost level-
there wasn't a ton of frost until the end, but I am sure her sisters will frost up nicely. This poor little girl struggled. 7.5/10
Flavor level-
this is whee she out shines all the rest. Grape candy or Fruity Pebbles is what I get each time, amazing stuff! 10/10
Overall-
this girl will get run again, she needs ad deserves a better look. I think she might be one of Mephistos best ever strains. This example to be fair get s slightly lower grade, but perfection is possible. 9/10

View attachment 1057564
Purple Nuggets - Grow level-
super aggressive plant from the start and needs lots of food, but not a heavy drinker. She gets as wide as she is tall with real rock like buds, hence her name...Nuggets! Train her well and be rewarded. 8/10
Frost level-
she puts some nice frost on early, but not as much as other strains, as her purple genetics make her a beauty to behold. Lower on odor as well, but still very high in resin content. 8.5/10
Flavor level-
wine/berry and some subtle combination of a few other terpenes like pinene, so Pine flavor, and myrcene, so lie an all spice or nutmeg deal, but very subtle under the berry notes. This will improve with the cure IMO...8.5/10
Overall-
i really like this strain for her balance and subtleties. Gorgeous plant, such a pleasure to look at, great , unique flavor, and some of the most solid buds I have ever grown. 8.5/10

View attachment 1057563
Sour Livers- Grow level-
she was a real treat to grow as most mephisto strains are these days. No fuss, big eater and drinker, light training only with this girl. 8.5/10
Frost level-
super frosty, sparkling diamonds come early and come fast. Looks so good in photos! 10/10
Flavor level-
i just didn't get lucky on this phenotype. She looks awesome, Andy she is great tasting, super strong herb, but she isn't really the perfect example of Livers. She is minty, berry blast, that's the best way I can describe her. Almost like an old sweet cough syrup or something with the menthol effect with lots of dank diesel aftertaste. Not bad, but not what I was hoping for. 7/10
Overall- forgive the analogy here but,
she has everything you want in the looks department, but then she smiles, and you have to look away at the hideousness that is her crooked teeth.
This plant is awesome in almost every way, if you can just ignore the crooked smile, you can have a wonderful life together. This being the Flavor Chase, I can not ignore it. 7.5/10

View attachment 1057565
Gorilla Glue- Grow level-
she was a little difficult at the start. She doesn't like too much water, keep water away from base of stem. Very open structure on this phenotype, but picky eater. I suggest conservative on watering and allow soil to dry slightly in between. 7/10
Frost level-
started off slow, but then came on really hard in the end with excellent frost and super sticky buds. 8/10
Flavor level-
unfortunately, the unique cage like structure was a genetic anomaly that usually ends up in the buds riceing out and losing so much after the drying process. She was no exception. Frost and resin dropped dramatically and she went on a huge diet. Buds became fluffy, but flavor did remind very nice. Lots of pinene means Pine flavor, and the sticky glue and gas flavor in the background. The first test nug was so good, but she never lived up to that after. 6/10
Overall-
a big disappointment, but a better understanding of the strain and another experience to draw from. Hopefully next time we can find the right phenotype. Probably to be used for hash or some concentrates of some kind in the end. 6.5/10

Best recap and smoke report I have read. After reading this, I am hungry for some of these strains! Awesome job, Med!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Question to all the growers out there...

How is it that we rarely hear after the grow of anyone being bummed out by the crappy bud they grew? No one who grew some great looking buds then says, oh yeah, but they taste like crap or taste like nothing...why is that?

Ego, or something else at play here?

I often grow great looking weed that in the end, I don't really like at all. I wish we could here more honest reports about what they dope is actually like. I bet there would be a lot less positive reports. It's easy to grow a nice looking plant, not so easy for that dope to be top shelf stuff though. In this last grow I had five plants, and only three of them would I consider top shelf, and that was a good grow. In my Grow prio, I had seven strains and got only one top shelf plant.

What say all of you? What percentage of plants you grow actually, for real, give you top level stuff, if ever??

I gave that kind of feedback from my Growers Choice Critical Purple grow in the beginning. I still smoked it of course, but it doesn’t even come close to anything I grew since. It was not great weed.

I’m starting a new bean this week and my top three choices include two of the strains you just finished here. CDLC x SS and orange biscuits. From the sounds of it I should go with the orange biscuits since this one should come down around the beginning of August and I want something that will be good for an outdoor concert I’m attending at the end of that month. Sound about right?

Man, those are both awesome, but yes, due to more stable genetics, I might choose the Orange Biscuit, but showing up at a concert with weed that tastes like Fruity Pebbles makes you the most popular guy there for sure. The Chem Stomper might be better than the Orange Biscuit in the end, but the OB seems to be a more stable strain.

Best recap and smoke report I have read. After reading this, I am hungry for some of these strains! Awesome job, Med!

The OB and the Chem Stomper are tops this time around, but the Purple Nuggets is top shelf stuff as well. All of them I will grow again in fall, plus add Chemdogging and Double Grape, and then I need one more to make six, or take one away to make four, not sure what I will do yet. I really like running as many strains as I can for the variety, and I may need some thing else.
I AM VERY PLEASED with the quality of this run. You know me, quality is everyone I am very picky. I expect boutique quality nugs straight out of a top dispensary. Finally I have some very good weed in jars, because I was running out.

Thanks again for stopping in bro. I will do my best to keep putting out info on a level of precision and detail that I would want to see myself. The better the info and more clear it is, the better we can all becaome as growers and learn from these documented grows.

I gave that kind of feedback from my Growers Choice Critical Purple grow in the beginning. I still smoked it of course, but it doesn’t even come close to anything I grew since. It was not great weed.

Thanks for being honest and giving other growers hope as well. You might not grow the best buds in the beginning, but with a little help and working at it, we can all grow top shelf buds.

I see guys grow plants all the time on here that look good, but I can tell that most likely that bud will not turn out that great.

Hell, look at that Gorilla Glue I had this run. She looked awesome, smelled awesome, stickier than hell, thought it would be this killer dope...in the end...not much to write home about. It tastes ok and is very strong herb, knocks you on your butt, but doesn't tick the boxes for me. It's not a dessert menu, it's a weed right? Sometimes we think we are ordering from a menu and we should get exactly what we ordered, in this case, that is not true. We need to complete to circle and do our part as well.

I am curious to see the BT in your set up. Keep doing your thing, I will be watching.:thumbsup:

Idk if you just wanted seasoned growers chiming in or not...but theres no shame in my game lol. I have grown some losers for sure! I've had a couple that looked like total dog shit, but smelled like a skunk sprayed a football locker room that 3 cats had already pissed in! And smoke as smooth as can be....barely any throat feel at all....could really hurt yourself if you werent careful! Lol And I have had some that looked shitty, and wasnt strong at all...and had a couple that looked great and smelled awesome, but that scent never returned after the dry and cure.....had a Blue Cush from mephisto that was gorgeous but never smelled like much, but after a dry and cure, tasted and smelled like black licorice and black tea! You definitely dont always get exactly what you pay for..or what you thought you were getting based on the description....everything is open to personal opinion, variances in tastes and preferences, landing different phenos, nutes that are used, etc.
You just kinda make your choice and grow it out, hope for what you wanted...or that you come close at least...and when it's all said and done, you should still have some pretty bomb ass weed to smoke on...that you grew yourself, know exactly what's in it and didnt have to pay street value for
:pass:

Back