Indoor MedCzech’s ManCave-BioTabs & “The Flavor Chase”

Update MedCzech's ManCave BioTabs Smoke Report :baked:

This is just a quick update for all you guys who were following this thread. I didn't want to lose you completely, as the whole entire reason for this grow was "The Flavor Chase"...

I am happy to report, that as we get the buds to start curing and getting their internal RH down to where it needs to be, there is a lot of great smoking along the way. I have been testing each strain as it goes through the process in the name of science.:face: Ok, in the name of good reporting.:face: Okay!! Because I am impatient and didn't want to wait,...there ya go Med, be honest with your readers!

I will make some photos of the nugs over the weekend, but for now here is the preliminary report.

IMG_2607.JPG

Orange Biscuit--Grow level- easy to grow, medium to large plant, big eater this girl! 9/10
Frost level-
sticky frosty girl. With sweet citrus aromas with some spice in the background. 9/10
Flavor level-
sweet orange spice and tons of resin covered loveliness. Ticks all my boxes, and due to all those terpenes, she lifts the mood and spirits. Great all day smoke. 10/10
Overall-
best strain for overall performance of flavor and strength as well as effects. Mephisto will need to run this strain again. It is the best of their citrus strains so far. 9.5/10

IMG_2581.JPG

Chem Stomper- Grow level-
she struggled sue to genetic flaw, and my ignorance to that fact as I then over watered her in the first three weeks. Hard to really judge this grow, but she fought hard. 8/10
Frost level-
there wasn't a ton of frost until the end, but I am sure her sisters will frost up nicely. This poor little girl struggled. 7.5/10
Flavor level-
this is whee she out shines all the rest. Grape candy or Fruity Pebbles is what I get each time, amazing stuff! 10/10
Overall-
this girl will get run again, she needs ad deserves a better look. I think she might be one of Mephistos best ever strains. This example to be fair get s slightly lower grade, but perfection is possible. 9/10

IMG_2605.JPG

Purple Nuggets - Grow level-
super aggressive plant from the start and needs lots of food, but not a heavy drinker. She gets as wide as she is tall with real rock like buds, hence her name...Nuggets! Train her well and be rewarded. 8/10
Frost level-
she puts some nice frost on early, but not as much as other strains, as her purple genetics make her a beauty to behold. Lower on odor as well, but still very high in resin content. 8.5/10
Flavor level-
wine/berry and some subtle combination of a few other terpenes like pinene, so Pine flavor, and myrcene, so lie an all spice or nutmeg deal, but very subtle under the berry notes. This will improve with the cure IMO...8.5/10
Overall-
i really like this strain for her balance and subtleties. Gorgeous plant, such a pleasure to look at, great , unique flavor, and some of the most solid buds I have ever grown. 8.5/10

IMG_2604.JPG

Sour Livers- Grow level-
she was a real treat to grow as most mephisto strains are these days. No fuss, big eater and drinker, light training only with this girl. 8.5/10
Frost level-
super frosty, sparkling diamonds come early and come fast. Looks so good in photos! 10/10
Flavor level-
i just didn't get lucky on this phenotype. She looks awesome, Andy she is great tasting, super strong herb, but she isn't really the perfect example of Livers. She is minty, berry blast, that's the best way I can describe her. Almost like an old sweet cough syrup or something with the menthol effect with lots of dank diesel aftertaste. Not bad, but not what I was hoping for. 7/10
Overall- forgive the analogy here but,
she has everything you want in the looks department, but then she smiles, and you have to look away at the hideousness that is her crooked teeth.
This plant is awesome in almost every way, if you can just ignore the crooked smile, you can have a wonderful life together. This being the Flavor Chase, I can not ignore it. 7.5/10

IMG_2606.JPG

Gorilla Glue- Grow level-
she was a little difficult at the start. She doesn't like too much water, keep water away from base of stem. Very open structure on this phenotype, but picky eater. I suggest conservative on watering and allow soil to dry slightly in between. 7/10
Frost level-
started off slow, but then came on really hard in the end with excellent frost and super sticky buds. 8/10
Flavor level-
unfortunately, the unique cage like structure was a genetic anomaly that usually ends up in the buds riceing out and losing so much after the drying process. She was no exception. Frost and resin dropped dramatically and she went on a huge diet. Buds became fluffy, but flavor did remind very nice. Lots of pinene means Pine flavor, and the sticky glue and gas flavor in the background. The first test nug was so good, but she never lived up to that after. 6/10
Overall-
a big disappointment, but a better understanding of the strain and another experience to draw from. Hopefully next time we can find the right phenotype. Probably to be used for hash or some concentrates of some kind in the end. 6.5/10

Last edited:
Your attention to detail is outstanding brother. Great growing along with beautiful pictures and detail journaling makes following your journal a pleasure.

Really enjoyed the individual strain reviews and final thoughts to mate
:pass::pass:

Your attention to detail is outstanding brother. Great growing along with beautiful pictures and detail journaling makes following your journal a pleasure.

Really enjoyed the individual strain reviews and final thoughts to mate
:pass::pass:
Thanks. I enjoy sharing this info because it's so hard to find detail that us growers want to know before we take all the time and effort to grow something. Informed growers need to know. I have always wanted to have a forum where I could share how I do it. I share it all, the good, bad or indifferent...all of it can teach us and all of it does!

Thanks for taking the time to stop in. There will be more to come on this grow after a proper cure, and then the fall grow will be my next big report.

Question to all the growers out there...

How is it that we rarely hear after the grow of anyone being bummed out by the crappy bud they grew? No one who grew some great looking buds then says, oh yeah, but they taste like crap or taste like nothing...why is that?

Ego, or something else at play here?

I often grow great looking weed that in the end, I don't really like at all. I wish we could here more honest reports about what they dope is actually like. I bet there would be a lot less positive reports. It's easy to grow a nice looking plant, not so easy for that dope to be top shelf stuff though. In this last grow I had five plants, and only three of them would I consider top shelf, and that was a good grow. In my Grow prio, I had seven strains and got only one top shelf plant.

What say all of you? What percentage of plants you grow actually, for real, give you top level stuff, if ever??

Question to all the growers out there...

How is it that we rarely hear after the grow of anyone being bummed out by the crappy bud they grew? No one who grew some great looking buds then says, oh yeah, but they taste like crap or taste like nothing...why is that?

Ego, or something else at play here?

I often grow great looking weed that in the end, I don't really like at all. I wish we could here more honest reports about what they dope is actually like. I bet there would be a lot less positive reports. It's easy to grow a nice looking plant, not so easy for that dope to be top shelf stuff though. In this last grow I had five plants, and only three of them would I consider top shelf, and that was a good grow. In my Grow prio, I had seven strains and got only one top shelf plant.

What say all of you? What percentage of plants you grow actually, for real, give you top level stuff, if ever??
Agreed Med! I started growing to try to match the smoke I had in Amsterdam in the late 90's early 2000's, white widdow, northern lights, bubblegum, power plant and my all time favourite mother's finest.
I haven't got close to that yet so I wouldn't say I have grown any top shelf bud but I've certainly grown nice weed which does the job and I'm not sure if I can ever get the quality of the Amsterdam weed I remember in DWC.

@MedCzech i cant comment on the flavors as its my first grow but topping and consuming the tops was really nice :p

Ganja that we get here is at the best scenario "ok"

Iam wondering about your yield, what did the lady's produce with biotabs ?

Happy Consuming bro!

Agreed Med! I started growing to try to match the smoke I had in Amsterdam in the late 90's early 2000's, white widdow, northern lights, bubblegum, power plant and my all time favourite mother's finest.
I haven't got close to that yet so I wouldn't say I have grown any top shelf bud but I've certainly grown nice weed which does the job and I'm not sure if I can ever get the quality of the Amsterdam weed I remember in DWC.

Now there you go, an honest grower. Many growers never really get their setup to the kevel where they get top shelf, boutique style weed, like at least 9/10 type stuff here.

Even after years of experience, I still don't get this from every grow, let alone every strain.

Tell me CT, what is it about the Amsterdam bud that was so much better than the bud you grow now? Like I said, I have grown lots of weed that looked nice but wasn't really anything special at all. Weed yes, get me high yes, but not great flavor, and not that kick ass weed we all love.

Now there you go, an honest grower. Many growers never really get their setup to the kevel where they get top shelf, boutique style weed, like at least 9/10 type stuff here.

Even after years of experience, I still don't get this from every grow, let alone every strain.

Tell me CT, what is it about the Amsterdam bud that was so much better than the bud you grow now? Like I said, I have grown lots of weed that looked nice but wasn't really anything special at all. Weed yes, get me high yes, but not great flavor, and not that kick ass weed we all love.
It's all about the flavour for me as well, the strains these days are all so high in thc that any strain grown well will get you high so for me what sets strains apart are the different flavour profiles and luckily enough for me I'm pretty healthy currently so I'm not growing for medicinal purposes, I would say I love weed more for flavour then high but of course the high is a bonus :LOLStoned:

@MedCzech i cant comment on the flavors as its my first grow but topping and consuming the tops was really nice :p

Ganja that we get here is at the best scenario "ok"

Iam wondering about your yield, what did the lady's produce with biotabs ?

Happy Consuming bro!

My estimates were pretty close I think on the yield and fit right into what the breeder said was the norm.

Orange Biscuit around 110 grams
Purple Nuggets around 80 grams
Sour Livers around 60 grams
Gorilla Glue around 70 grams
Chem Stomper exactly 22 grams

Right where I always get between 300 and 400 grams. I don't use super powerful lights, as I don't need massive yields. Most of my Grow I am using only 200 watts of light or so, then in the last month I flip on a big cob that pumps me up another 130 watts. I think my average wattage-usage is 225 watts. So at around 340 grams with two plants having genetic issues that werrr out of my control and that greatly reduced yield, I a much very happy with this BioTabs run. If you pushed them with more light, you can get big yields with BioTabs. If I switch to a seven gallon pot, my yields would go up even more, and even ten gallon pots work with autos. More than that is a waste of space. If you put 100watts of cob led on a Mephisto auto in a ten. Gallon pot, expect a plant that will yield over 200 grams for sure, and most likely with some yields you could get around 500 grams, for real.

A little more light and bigger pots will get big yields, but I just don't need that. I want quality and variety in each grow. To each his own I guess. I am very picky when it comes to quality, and some weed I wouldn't even bother smoking, in fact most weed I won't smoke unless it is. Really dank stuff. Once you start growing that top level stuff, you don't want to smoke anything else.

Lovely mate! Just lovely!!!

I have a question about lights...

I have 9 Leds from Rapid led, each 100w.

Are there any theoretical light intensities to follow for the grow? Iam currently at 30% or so, and 65cm from the canopy.

Thank you bro!

Back