Indoor MedCzech’s ManCave-BioTabs & “The Flavor Chase”

I will get some nice bud pics and do a report on the smoke as well. They are all top notch smokes though for sure.
The Purple Nuggets has such a beautiful flavor already, and the colors are sweet. She has this purple/ hot pink color when you pop open a nug and tastes like some forest red fruits and lots of sweet, additional subtleties that will get enhanced during the cure. All have some great taste for sure, but the Chem Stomper will probably be the winner of the Flavor Chase. Very similar taste to Double Grape, but more chemical aftertaste. Too bad we only got 22 grams from her.

All looking great in your tent as well. The GSC from FB will Ben yummy is you get the right phenotype, and the same for the C.cookies from DP. Both very yummy, but you do need to get the correct pheno to get the super dupe right dope the names suggest. Should be lots of great meds there. Plenty of flavor a small well.

Your scratch and sniff idea would be awesome, maybe some day stuff like that will be possible.
Screw scratch and sniff! I want to grind and smoke! Where is that app? These pictures have me wanting to blaze some of those buds! Nice work. Med!

I am really curious to hear you report on the cure and if in fact that holds true regarding no change in organics. Wouldn't it be something of they got even better? Wow!

i would have let them go a couple weeks longer.. looks great though!

I have been growing so long now, I have a good feel when plants need to be chopped, and I have waited too long many times before and lost a lot of flavor and terpenes as a result. My whole entire mission is Flavor and terpenes, so I don't let plants start to dry up at the end like I used to. You might get a little more in yield, but you lose out on flavor.

Once the resins and oils start evaporating, you are losing terpenes, which means flavor. I wanted to let them go for at least another week or so, but like I said, once that moment happens, I take them.

Screw scratch and sniff! I want to grind and smoke! Where is that app? These pictures have me wanting to blaze some of those buds! Nice work. Med!

I am really curious to hear you report on the cure and if in fact that holds true regarding no change in organics. Wouldn't it be something of they got even better? Wow!

I am not like you bro, I have been testing these babies for a couple weeks now, I have no patience to see what I got. They are all very good, and the level of harshness is very low, if at all...one great thing about organics is no worries about chemicals in the dope and no long wait to be able to smoke it.

Flavors looking good on all strains, but only time will really tell. As I have said many times, and I believe even more so with organics, that many strains don't really need to cure, only dry properly, and the flavors are great. The cellular breakdown that happens when a real cure happens often breaks down the terpenes and reduce flavor. Most of the amepbisto strains are so frosty, you don't really want them to sit for too long, or they lose that frosty flavor they had in the beginning. I think dope that has less frost, and more in resins and oils in its leaves, that dope needs a longer cure, the frosty as hell stuff does not. At least that's is my experience.

Makes sense to me. And would explain why each time I take some ANQ buds from jars, it tastes even better.

Yep, and that has a limit though. After about six months in the jars, that's when the curing reaches its peak, then the buds start losing a little bit each day. I have some ANQ from a couple grows back that now has very little dynamic flavor and is just blended together and is like dirt weed practically now compared to the fresh stuff I have. I actually think this phenomena is relatively newer in the last five years or so as genetics is taking autos to new levels of frostiness it never had before.

I always cured the weed, and it really needed the cure, but now I can see little difference between my cured Double Grape from two years ago and the fresh Chem Stomper, except the fresh stuff has a stronger flavor and aroma. Double Grape is second on my all time list of favorite strains to smoke for flavor, but comparing it to the fresh Chem Stomper, the fresh CS wins hands down, and yet I know the DG is better when fresher.

Not many growers talking about this subject either. Seems like everyone thinks the cure is the way, and I do t disagree, but think that modern genetics have changed the rules a bit.

BTW, it's all very tasty stuff. The Chem Stomper looks to Ben the best of them all, but until I do have a top bud, properly dried and at least some short cure done, I can't really assess the grow yet. Signs looking good. The Purple Nuggets is really going to be a lot better than I thought. The flavor is very hard to describe, something like red berries, skunk, sweet something?? Very nice though...

Well, I better adjust my fixation on the Glueberry smoke, and get back to the ANQ before they lose any flavor! I am the man for the job! On it!

Well, I better adjust my fixation on the Glueberry smoke, and get back to the ANQ before they lose any flavor! I am the man for the job! On it!
Don't worry, it doesn't lose flavor until at least six months after the full cure, which itself takes about three months. So between 3 and 9 months seems to be the window for catching it in the sweetspot. A little sooner or later shouldn't matter that much in overall effect and flavor.

Just sharing my opinion and observation over 25 years, as it is a little different from convention and especially in the last few years with all these super frosty, super high thc strains. I remember when getting seeds that has a potential of more than 10% thc was pretty damn good. Even then, strains like Northern Lights, and Original Skunk [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] were hard to get and often using street weed seeds or something breed locally. Internet did not exist then, there was no social media or places to get any info. It was who you knew and High Times magazine is where we got our info for growing and any trends, etc.

Times have really changed man, it's crazy to think back on the days of sticking plants in 5 gallon buckets and having to move them around so they wouldn't get eaten or stolen, even growing up in tree houses to get plants out of plain site. I have done so many things. All that was back in western NY where I grew up, but now living in Central Europe, things are a lot different. Growing with led lights in a controlled environment and having the med cabinet I always wanted, it is truly living the dream for me in that regards. I always dreamed I would have it like I do now and never knew if it would be possible.

I have been growing so long now, I have a good feel when plants need to be chopped, and I have waited too long many times before and lost a lot of flavor and terpenes as a result. My whole entire mission is Flavor and terpenes, so I don't let plants start to dry up at the end like I used to. You might get a little more in yield, but you lose out on flavor.

Once the resins and oils start evaporating, you are losing terpenes, which means flavor. I wanted to let them go for at least another week or so, but like I said, once that moment happens, I take them.

do you go by trichome maturity or just general appearance? im after amber myself...ill beat the brakes off em to get there..

Back