Indoor MedCzech’s ManCave-BioTabs & “The Flavor Chase”

Hey bud. I saw you report, you must be anxious to get home and see the girls. My tent is pretty full now as you can see. There is still more to come and I will be cramped for space in the end I am sure. I even had to reduce light down to only 210watts again, so that would be nice to fill her with such low wattage. I can bring in more, but the plants aren't asking me for any right now. They are all at their limits.

You know best what they need, man! Just keep listening to the plants, and adjusting as they tell you. Everything is going well! Keep doing your thing!

Checked out Gro Kashi...looks pretty darn good, but I think it might be a little redundant with what I am running now, and I am looking for a low maintenance grow, not necessarily the best organic grow system on the planet.
I think the BioTabs with just a little tweak here and there will get great buds for little to no effort on my part. No mixing, checking anything, working on compost teas, and any of that is not interesting to me in any high level of effort. Once in a while I add a thing or two if it's a no brainer and takes little to no effort. That's my style...
And what a style indeed
I'm digging the minimalist approach for sure. Good, dank buds, grown in the most natural of ways possible...organic goodness at its finest. Love it!

I

I will definitely find a mulch that works for me. Being on day 35 now, is it worth it to do the mulch now, I would think so, right?

I will head out to the grow store and see what I can get on the weekend. Fun little project that takes little to no effort,...right up my alley:cheers:

Shred leaves up with lawnmower if you like, use cardboard or plastic or a towel .... anything to cover soil and retain moisture .....

I get bales of straw and alfalfa for yard and use alfalfa early and then straw later in their cycle .....

Here’s an interesting FYI ..... you know those organic boxes of alfalfa meal 5lbs for $14 or so at hydro store or amazon ..... at the feed store, I get a 50 lb bag of alpha feed pellets for horses for $12 or a 60lb raw bale for $16 ..... do search on YouTube for benefits of alfalfa pellets, what they do will blow your mind search alfalfa mulch or similar ....

So if you have feed store nearby you’ll be amazed, like oyster shells sold for chickens, cheap for $7 bag, compare to same product labeled at hydro Store $18 .... kelp is another example, horses and other animals eat for the trace minerals, I got a 45 lb bag, broken open for $70, organic certified exact same stuff they sell, exact down to the name thriovline (stoned I’d have to get up and go to shed) anyways I use in yard too but you could buy by the pound if you liked, don’t need 45lns, ok buy 1 lb for $1.85 ..... Karanja is another, the list goes on and much cheaper than garden center, hydro or big box store ....

Mulch sooner than later ..... I mist spray my mulch, water and em1 or mammoth p to help jump start micro-life guys, evenly moist all around after applying and continue spraying 3-4-5 times daily and spot hold sprayer in 5-6 different places to moisten down a little further somas to maintain moisture for the worms but not too wet meanwhile top dressing under has water trickle thru feeding soil and worms crawl under mulch eating top dressings ..... I never ever ever cycle water - dry/wet/dry - never as if I did the worms would die along with the micro life - in a LOS Grow that just can’t happen ....

One reason I use Gro-Kashi is, Gro-Kashi is used to build worm bins - food AND to create those microbio thnigies living soil needs ....

The mulch and top dressings I’ve added thru the grow has filled the 7 gallon containers, next grow going to 15 gallon - drainage, 8-9 gallons of soil and balance for mulch and top dressings ...

Best of grows and hope your grow is the best yet @Iriee Vibez

Peace,
OB

Pics attached from first and current second grow .....

Harvested about 6oz of ok bud from those seven plants in first grow .... Bud was ok some good as street but most just ok, few somewhat hard OK+ .... at least we harvested, first grow but not real happy or proud .....

Second pic is 58ish days into a grow and we don’t know harvest yet but expect 3 oz from smallest plant - there are only two plants in room .... the second plant except 10-12 oz maybe more, she is a monster at 32” fat by 24” tall - couple of her buds even two hands can’t wrap around, I see 1/4-1/2 and even ounces coming off single stems ..... she is in 15 gallon LOS.

Attachments

• BAF33EE6-9015-488F-BF7C-D55F648D3D33.jpeg
    BAF33EE6-9015-488F-BF7C-D55F648D3D33.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 97C6670B-EA59-4F00-9B8C-5C2E779FEA69.jpeg
    97C6670B-EA59-4F00-9B8C-5C2E779FEA69.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 48
Mini Update Day 36 MedCzech's ManCave BioTabs grow :shooty:

Purple Nuggets- Average size small/medium approx. 25-55cm

ManCave Purple Monster is now at 70cm and probably at its peak

Orange Biscuit- Average size medium/large approx. 55-85+cm
ManCave OB is now 76cm and is still stretching, I would imagine around 85cm or so would be correct when she stops IMO.

Sour Livers- Average size small/medium approx 45-65cm
ManCave Sour Livers is now at 80cm and still stretching a bit, I think she is almost done, maybe 85 for her, maybe more...

Gorilla Glue- Average size medium/large approx. 55-90cm
ManCave GG is is now 68cm and she is about as tall as she will get until buds start stacking up.

ChemStomper is at 80cm, but there is no record, as this strain is new.
PineApple Express is around 70cm, but still in veg phase.

No pics until later tonight. :crying:

On tap...
Top dress with Silicium Flash, Bactrex, Mychorrizea from Extreme Gardening, and a little PK 5-8 at only 3ml/l and a half liter only for each as well to keep soil rich in potassium and phosphorus, which can be made ready by the microlife we have been growing in the soil since day one. Life must be rocking in there for sure.

I will put a mulch base which will include beneficial to help promote even more biodiversity and also help maintain better moisture levels through the root ball and intra-soil environment. Pretty easy to do and from what I have learned, it can improve the grow with little effort...sweeeeet!!

Thanks for checking us out here in the ManCave. Check back later for more pics and some close ups of the new buds forming in the tent. :thanks:

Full Update Day 36 MedCzech's ManCave BioTabs grow :shooty:

I wouldn't normally post again the next day at this point in a Grow, but the difference is actually visible for sure.

:welcome: To the ManCave folks, enjoy the show. :cheers:

IMG_2404.JPG

I was like, wtf, when I opened the tent tonight. The Sour Livers grew like 10cm, and the rest was moving alongside as well. The SL is front left. She is getting close to the light for her age a small well and that has me concerned a little. I might have to do something. Her leave she are starting to pray a little too aggressively for my taste. She is probably getting over 800par right now. Edges of leaves still not doing anything though.
:whew:

IMG_2405.JPG

This overhead shot gives you a nice perspective of the tent and how much they filled in after their defoliation just a few days back. Healthy looking tent. Not an unhealthy leaf in the place.

:doc3: The Doctor is very happy now. All looking very healthy indeed.

IMG_2407.JPG

Purple Nuggets main flower coming along nicely. The frost is starting to come, maybe in the next few days, we are going to start to get a stinky smell in the ManCave, and it won't just be because I am in there :gassy:

IMG_2409.JPG

Still no pistils on the Pineapple Express. Starting to wonder if I will need to try and make her flip or not. A couple more days, and then I will need to do something. We shall see...:naughtystep:

IMG_2410.JPG

Look at how healthy those leaves look, and the fact that I defoliated all the large leaves a few days ago, and look how the others grew to fill the space! I don't know why people are so afraid to defoliate when it is clear it really helps create more and larger buds, period!:redcard:

Defoliate you bitches...don't be afraid.

IMG_2413.JPG

Another shot of the Purple Monster just to see some of the undergrowth and all her lovely bud sites. She should turn out really nice. I hope for a nice colorful lady, and maybe some cool color hairs as well?!:spels:

Tomorrow they get their last feeding of anything except water and PK boost from BioTabs.

In the line up tomorrow will be:
-Silicium Flash 120 ml per plant put in three separate holes around the base of the stem 40ml per hole
-Bactrex one teaspoon added to each hole as well
-Mycotrex and Mychorrizea from Extreme gardening one half teaspoon each will be added to the holes, plus also then a light top dressing will be sprinkled on top along with more Bactrex lightly sprinkled around on top as well.
-Then I water on top with a liter or so and soak soil slowly all around. I have a gardening nozzle that helps get good coverage even with smaller water amounts. Just filtered tap water...
-Next, I will water with PK 5-8 at only 3ml/l on this day, and only a half liter per plant. That will get medium good and wet, and hold them for two days, which I will then bottom feed them again.
-Lastly, I will put a mulch on top in the next day or so to help keep in moisture and also aide in other ways a small well. Get into that stuff later!

After this, it will be top feed with PK boost at 10ml/l until week 8 or so, and in between I will fill bottom reservoirs with filtered tap water only. That's the plan boys. Now you all know. If the grow goes south, I can use these records to see where it went wrong, but my feeling is, I will be fine.

Long report today, but I hope you all still enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping into the ManCave :thanks:

Fire one up for me and hope to see you in here again. Feel free to ask questions or help me out in any way.
:pass:

Last edited:
Full Update Day 36 MedCzech's ManCave BioTabs grow :shooty:

I wouldn't normally post again the next day at this point in a Grow, but the difference is actually visible for sure.

:welcome: To the ManCave folks, enjoy the show. :cheers:

View attachment 1036117
I was like, wtf, when I opened the tent tonight. The Sour Livers grew like 10cm, and the rest was moving alongside as well. The SL is front left. She is getting close to the light for her age a small well and that has me concerned a little. I might have to do something. Her leave she are starting to pray a little too aggressively for my taste. She is probably getting over 800par right now. Edges of leaves still not doing anything though.
:whew:

View attachment 1036119
This overhead shot gives you a nice perspective of the tent and how much they filled in after their defoliation just a few days back. Healthy looking tent. Not an unhealthy leaf in the place.

:doc3: The Doctor is very happy now. All looking very healthy indeed.

View attachment 1036122
Purple Nuggets main flower coming along nicely. The frost is starting to come, maybe in the next few days, we are going to start to get a stinky smell in the ManCave, and it won't just be because I am in there :gassy:

View attachment 1036123
Still no pistils on the Pineapple Express. Starting to wonder if I will need to try and make her flip or not. A couple more days, and then I will need to do something. We shall see...:naughtystep:

View attachment 1036125
Look at how healthy those leaves look, and the fact that I defoliated all the large leaves a few days ago, and look how the others grew to fill the space! I don't know why people are so afraid to defoliate when it is clear it really helps create more and larger buds, period!:redcard:

Defoliate you bitches...don't be afraid.

View attachment 1036128
Another shot of the Purple Monster just to see some of the undergrowth and all her lovely bud sites. She should turn out really nice. I hope for a nice colorful lady, and maybe some cool color hairs as well?!:spels:

Tomorrow they get their last feeding of anything except water and PK boost from BioTabs.

In the line up tomorrow will be:
-Silicium Flash 120 ml per plant put in three separate holes around the base of the stem 40ml per hole
-Bactrex one teaspoon added to each hole as well
-Mycotrex and Mychorrizea from Extreme gardening one half teaspoon each will be added to the holes, plus also then a light top dressing will be sprinkled on top along with more Bactrex lightly sprinkled around on top as well.
-Then I water on top with a liter or so and soak soil slowly all around. I have a gardening nozzle that helps get good coverage even with smaller water amounts. Just filtered tap water...
-Next, I will water with PK 5-8 at only 3ml/l on this day, and only a half liter per plant. That will get medium good and wet, and hold them for two days, which I will then bottom feed them again.
-Lastly, I will put a mulch on top in the next day or so to help keep in moisture and also aide in other ways a small well. Get into that stuff later!

After this, it will be top feed without PK boost at 10ml/l until week 8 or so, and in between I will fill bottom reservoirs with filtered tap water only. That's the plan boys. Now you all know. If the grow goes south, I can use these records to see where it went wrong, but my feeling is, I will be fine.

Long report today, but I hope you all still enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping into the ManCave :thanks:

Fire one up for me and hope to see you in here again. Feel free to ask questions or help me out in any way.
:pass:

Going to be a nice harvest!

Back