Indoor MedCzech’s ManCave-BioTabs & “The Flavor Chase”

Nope, no time for that. I have to travel for my job often in summertime, so I have spring and fall grows only. Just enough time to cut grass, maintain wife's flower gardens, and grow the fruit and veggies for the family fun stuff. Compost pile I have and sometimes use, but I don't really need, as I am in a beautiful place out in nature.
Grokasi sounds cool. I will check it out, but the Silicium Flash I have is especially for this, but I wasn't really in a hurry and my plan was to to dress this week all along anyway. Following plan and will Top dress Friday or Saturday.

I hear that on the time ...... was checking out some of your girls, turned out nice after the haircuts and rebounded right back even stronger .....

I’ll have to check out Flash, meanwhile if you want you can see reviews on Amazon, but buy direct, like two for $40 I think, shipped .... anyways cool Beans, I’m following your grow ..... Did you check out my Sam’s Crack in signature, last couple weeks now, she’s pretty good size girl, 25x32ish wide, still packing but takes two hands and you still can’t get around a few, huge ..... while not magic bullet, I used gro-kashi in top dressigs and I like the results. :woohoo:

:pass:

On an interesting note I want here in this journal, the three plants, Chem Stomper, GG, and PineApple Express showed light stress, but only by wilting late in evening between 2 and 3 hours sometimes before lights off, and even though I reduced lux quite a bit, they still do it a little. The Orange Biscuit also showed signs early, but the sawtooth version, and even know we reduced her light as well. She continued to sawtooth, but does not wilt late like the others. Strange...

I see the leaves on the OB, even on the very bottom in the shade, also sawtooth and have ends folded over a bit. Makes me think she is just genetically a little different. Not really sure, just making notes here, so I can review and have more data for future grows.

Checked out Gro Kashi...looks pretty darn good, but I think it might be a little redundant with what I am running now, and I am looking for a low maintenance grow, not necessarily the best organic grow system on the planet.
I think the BioTabs with just a little tweak here and there will get great buds for little to no effort on my part. No mixing, checking anything, working on compost teas, and any of that is not interesting to me in any high level of effort. Once in a while I add a thing or two if it's a no brainer and takes little to no effort. That's my style...

I would like it may compliment - while some overlap I suspect the minerals and trace is where the difference is ..... and it doesn’t have to be all or nothing ..... Just top dress with couple table spoons per five gallons at two weeks into and then say 4-5 weeks or there abouts and final week 7ish, depending on strain maybe 4th top dress ..... by no means stop what your doing, heck no bro .... Supplement a little and see, I’m getting some good results, I think .... but only one grow, this is second and first LOS Grow.

Edit: You Said : Even Curl down low, remember she was trimmed, could help explain?

Last edited:
On an interesting note I want here in this journal, the three plants, Chem Stomper, GG, and PineApple Express showed light stress, but only by wilting late in evening between 2 and 3 hours sometimes before lights off, and even though I reduced lux quite a bit, they still do it a little. The Orange Biscuit also showed signs early, but the sawtooth version, and even know we reduced her light as well. She continued to sawtooth, but does not wilt late like the others. Strange...

I see the leaves on the OB, even on the very bottom in the shade, also sawtooth and have ends folded over a bit. Makes me think she is just genetically a little different. Not really sure, just making notes here, so I can review and have more data for future grows.

I saw in one post you had a favorite strain, was that Pineapple Express by Barney’s Farms?

You are 100% right, genetics is the key but not the Breeder, rather the plant ..... some plants can handle more.

Peace,
OB

The minerals and trace elements are part of the entire BioTabs system. Not sure which product, but I have them all, Startrex, Bactrex, Silicium Flash, the tabs themselves, Orgatrex, and the PK booster. Theoretically it is all in there, just like the agrokashi website says is necessary. Slightly different delivery of the same idea and concept IMO.

I am always into an easy add on though, and agroKashi looks like it could be sweet. Do you cover medium to block out light completely to encourage more fungi and biodiversity at soil level? I was thinking of covering top of soil with straw, or finding something that could act as a fuel for the soil itself like barley or coco shells.

I saw in one post you had a favorite strain, was that Pineapple Express by Barney’s Farms?

You are 100% right, genetics is the key but not the Breeder, rather the plant ..... some plants can handle more.

Peace,
OB
Actually my first plant was from Barney's Farm, but then I ran the Fast USA version, and I liked it even more. Although that may just be because I was getting better at growing and I really messed it up the first time outdoors.

I think some plants can handle more, but I am curious if the breeder says that you should grow around 90 gram plants and the. Some guy grows a 600 gram beast...I always wondered how that was possible. Then I grew a few beasts myself. There doesn't really seem to be any direct correlation I can see. Sometimes I just grow bigger plants than at other times. I put it down to more environment and food sources, i.e. Light, water, nutes, etc.

The minerals and trace elements are part of the entire BioTabs system. Not sure which product, but I have them all, Startrex, Bactrex, Silicium Flash, the tabs themselves, Orgatrex, and the PK booster. Theoretically it is all in there, just like the agrokashi website says is necessary. Slightly different delivery of the same idea and concept IMO.

I am always into an easy add on though, and agroKashi looks like it could be sweet. Do you cover medium to block out light completely to encourage more fungi and biodiversity at soil level? I was thinking of covering top of soil with straw, or finding something that could act as a fuel for the soil itself like barley or coco shells.

Absolutely mulch and you can do with straw, I use straw and cover crops in open pots and plastic mulch in a sip pot with straw mulch under or mix in some alfalfa mulch when young and need extra nitro .... Mulch benefits in so many ways not even funny, try on just one plant - you will water less which better fits me, might you too.

I
Absolutely mulch and you can do with straw, I use straw and cover crops in open pots and plastic mulch in a sip pot with straw mulch under or mix in some alfalfa mulch when young and need extra nitro .... Mulch benefits in so many ways not even funny, try on just one plant - you will water less which better fits me, might you too.

I will definitely find a mulch that works for me. Being on day 35 now, is it worth it to do the mulch now, I would think so, right?

I will head out to the grow store and see what I can get on the weekend. Fun little project that takes little to no effort,...right up my alley:cheers:

Lots of good information in this discussion! Thanks Med and OB!
Hey bud. I saw you report, you must be anxious to get home and see the girls. My tent is pretty full now as you can see. There is still more to come and I will be cramped for space in the end I am sure. I even had to reduce light down to only 210watts again, so that would be nice to fill her with such low wattage. I can bring in more, but the plants aren't asking me for any right now. They are all at their limits.

Back