Lighting May attempt a DIY cob build need help

I think they will be individuals tied together for ease of raising/lowering...i spaced the lamps to cast 6" over for the four feet on the one side,on the other i had to space them 18 inches apart to still have the 6" overcast to make the four feet..

Yeeeah! I just explained this exact thing to another guy yesterday. 4' space the light should be 3' long.
6-12-12-12-6. Each dash is a cob. That seems to be the best way to do it and you did it :toke:

Something to think about is the wattage you'll be pumping in there. 12 cobs at 100 watts each realistically calculating useable light it's like having 20 mhydro 300's Ms.T would be getting a raise :rofl:.

Yeeeah! I just explained this exact thing to another guy yesterday. 4' space the light should be 3' long.
6-12-12-12-6. Each dash is a cob. That seems to be the best way to do it and you did it :toke:

Something to think about is the wattage you'll be pumping in there. 12 cobs at 100 watts each realistically calculating useable light it's like having 20 mhydro 300's Ms.T would be getting a raise :rofl:.
Is this gonna be too much?? I have to have light for 16 sf or a 4x4 area to get a quality product..i dont need or want to overkill it that much..for a few more $ i could prolly build two lamps and be set right? I eanna do it once and do it right thats all..i dont need the eq of 6000 watts,i dont wanna develop melanomas trying to feed the plants..:crying:

Is this gonna be too much?? I have to have light for 16 sf or a 4x4 area to get a quality product..i dont need or want to overkill it that much..for a few more $ i could prolly build two lamps and be set right? I eanna do it once and do it right thats all..i dont need the eq of 6000 watts,i dont wanna develop melanomas trying to feed the plants..:crying:
I am rocking 8 cobs in my 4x4 and I don not run them at full power and I am very happy with the yields

I am running 450 watts with the oscillating fan

I am running 450 watts with the oscillating fan
Okay that settles it..i will do 2 fixtures with 8 cobs each..ill have ti space em out a bit further but it should work right? Going this route i should need 4 drivers??

Okay that settles it..i will do 2 fixtures with 8 cobs each..ill have ti space em out a bit further but it should work right? Going this route i should need 4 drivers??
Sounds correct..

The driver is strong. 2100ma on a 50v cob could be cut down to 1400ma giving you 75w per cob or even 1050ma at 50w per cob.

Amps x volts = watts.
2100x50 = 105 watts per cob
1050x50 = 52.5 watts per cob

As the amperage is increased the efficient decreases. In this case about 10%. If your prepared financially to build 3 bars the best option I think would be to keep the same setup. Just driven softer. 12 cobs is much better than 8 as far as coverage goes.

If you used a 1050ma driver that would be 52.5 w per cob 630watts total and 40 watts per square foot. That's IDEAL!

Sounds correct..
Okay,i should be able to save a few bucks cause i can get the frame material for free..ill revisit the parts list and adjust where needed for two lamps..Hope i can find a place that has all the parts..:woohoo:

Back