Lighting May attempt a DIY cob build need help

It's completely up to you and I know it's confusing.

I'd go with 2 bars at 75w per cob or 3 bars at 50w per cob.

It's completely up to you and I know it's confusing.

I'd go with 2 bars at 75w per cob or 3 bars at 50w per cob.
Well i do know this..My home was built in 1964 and the basement receptacles are all on the same circuit,it is a 15 amp so lowere amperage is better for me,i currently run about 12 amps to it with 2 600 watt HIDs,a fan and a few other small things..

A lot of companies are selling lights with harder driven cobs and I'd hate to see afn follow along with what everyone else is doing and class this as the normal.

Softer driven is a little more expensive but more efficient, less heat per watt at the heatsink, more light per watt and better coverage.
Harder driven is less expensive but gives off less light per watt more heat at the heatsink and less coverage.

The standard for a long time was 50w per cob. If a light manufacturer bumps up the heatsink size and driver size they can not push them to 100w per cob. The cost to double the wattage is not double so it makes sense.

A lot of companies are selling lights with harder driven cobs and I'd hate to see afn follow along with what everyone else is doing and class this as the normal.

Softer driven is a little more expensive but more efficient, less heat per watt at the heatsink, more light per watt and better coverage.
Harder driven is less expensive but gives off less light per watt more heat at the heatsink and less coverage.

The standard for a long time was 50w per cob. If a light manufacturer bumps up the heatsink size and driver size they can not push them to 100w per cob. The cost to double the wattage is not double so it makes sense.
Okay ,i see a little better now,i will go with the three bars and drive them less.i do need the coverage of 16 sf most important,and i may as well drive them for the best efficiency..ill start my parts and cost list this evening from the cobkit links u sent me..Thank You to the 10th power!!

Okay ,i see a little better now,i will go with the three bars and drive them less.i do need the coverage of 16 sf most important,and i may as well drive them for the best efficiency..ill start my parts and cost list this evening from the cobkit links u sent me..Thank You to the 10th power!!
Any time man. If you have any questions don't hesitate. Hate to see people but stuff they don't need.

600w in a 4x4 is 37.5 watts per sq' That's a lot of cob light. Still equal to 10 marsh 300's.

Any time man. If you have any questions don't hesitate. Hate to see people but stuff they don't need.

600w in a 4x4 is 37.5 watts per sq' That's a lot of cob light. Still equal to 10 marsh 300's.
Ill go for that,im sure itll beat the 37.5 of hid !!

Hi @BigSm0 ,im back and getting my order put together.. @AJrexxx is paying it forward and i watched/read his build,i noticed a few differences in the parts he ordered compared to the list you made for me,i think either will work but if you could go over the list one last time for me,this will be a reality very soon
image.jpeg
going back to the free stuff i got..heres a little more info
image.jpeg
i tested one driver and is putting out 42 volts
image.jpeg
may be impossible to see but these arw marked 50/50 watts,i dont know what brand or cri
image.jpeg
the back side o these holders/rings is 2 5/8 inches..i dint know if these would be good for plant growing,but if you need more info or think they might be,let me know and ill start planning another diy for them,i have the 2 fixtures with 6 cobs in each and the 2 drivers for them...your help is very much appreciated!!

Ohhh,i decided to do the 2driver 8 light build with basically 2 light bars tied together

Back