Lighting May attempt a DIY cob build need help

I'll check it out a little better in a few buuuuut I'd go with 18g or max of 16g wire. Also thermal paste instead of the pads. @pop22 shared some details on this.

Hi @BigSm0 ,im back and getting my order put together.. @AJrexxx is paying it forward and i watched/read his build,i noticed a few differences in the parts he ordered compared to the list you made for me,i think either will work but if you could go over the list one last time for me,this will be a reality very soonView attachment 692932 going back to the free stuff i got..heres a little more infoView attachment 692930i tested one driver and is putting out 42 voltsView attachment 692928may be impossible to see but these arw marked 50/50 watts,i dont know what brand or criView attachment 692931the back side o these holders/rings is 2 5/8 inches..i dint know if these would be good for plant growing,but if you need more info or think they might be,let me know and ill start planning another diy for them,i have the 2 fixtures with 6 cobs in each and the 2 drivers for them...your help is very much appreciated!!
I ended up using 18 gauge solid wire the 14 was to big fo the holders I had. Could not find 18 sold in spools so bought some thermostat wire and used the strands.

I ended up using 18 gauge solid wire the 14 was to big fo the holders I had. Could not find 18 sold in spools so bought some thermostat wire and used the strands.
That's what we need to hear here. Keep things progressing with others experiences.

thats what most use, the thermostat wire. I like stranded better, its a little harder to work with but not much and make running wire thru the tent easier because its not stiff. Just a personal preference. I found 18gauge twinlead ( like a lamp cord ) at True Value Hardware. I've found better wire selection at smaller hardware stores, if anyone has an Aubechon Hardware store they have good selections of wire, etc also.

Well gwot dang,i waited a few days to get my order in and cob kits is sold out again...this brings me to my next question.. @BigSm0 you recommend the 1212 for my build but whats the difference from the 1812 and who has them( i dint see them in the cobkit site) . @AJrexxx ,you used the 1812 on your build in the 80cri/4000k are they treatin your plants good??

Well gwot dang,i waited a few days to get my order in and cob kits is sold out again...this brings me to my next question.. @BigSm0 you recommend the 1212 for my build but whats the difference from the 1812 and who has them( i dint see them in the cobkit site) . @AJrexxx ,you used the 1812 on your build in the 80cri/4000k are they treatin your plants good??
Yeah you can't hesitate it goes fast. The 1812s are doing great I have no complaints.

Yeah you can't hesitate it goes fast. The 1812s are doing great I have no complaints.
Did you get the 1812s at cobkits ??

I have what you need budelee. Not sure how this works out but I carry 200-300 1812's at a time. Bjb holders, heatsinks, constant voltage drivers. I can box and ship it tomorrow if you like.

Back