hey Maria...hope you are well:headbang:.....I have been studying extraction techniques a little bit recently and watching your thread....very good stuff BTW.....i was just browsing ebay and I found Everclear at £69.99 inc postage per litre lol.....Im not paying that haha....is food grade anything ok to use?.....such as food grade isopropyl alcohol?....thanks in advance:thanks:

hey Maria...hope you are well:headbang:.....I have been studying extraction techniques a little bit recently and watching your thread....very good stuff BTW.....i was just browsing ebay and I found Everclear at £69.99 inc postage per litre lol.....Im not paying that haha....is food grade anything ok to use?.....such as food grade isopropyl alcohol?....thanks in advance:thanks:
@Vapo69 Please do not use Isopropyl alcohol for anything other than cleaning tools. It is toxic to humans. I bought a Green Oil Machine clone for less than $150. I can distill two cheap 1.75 L bottles of vodka (~$20) and get 1.4 L of 185 proof ethanol. That is a savings of over $50 per batch. So in 3 batches I am break even.

@Vapo69 Please do not use Isopropyl alcohol for anything other than cleaning tools. It is toxic to humans. I bought a Green Oil Machine clone for less than $150. I can distill two cheap 1.75 L bottles of vodka (~$20) and get 1.4 L of 185 proof ethanol. That is a savings of over $50 per batch. So in 3 batches I am break even.
dont worry dude haha...:crying:...I haven't used anything yet....but thanks for the answer and the dispelling of the myth that exists around using iso for extraction purposes.....Im uk but im going to research the machine you linked in......thanks again bro...Top Man:worship:

Ribbzzy tincture thread has a list of cheaper and maybe a couple of % higher than the balkan i got.or maybe they just hammered me on postage :shrug:if i remember.
thats good digging Vapo :thumbsup: i could only find a half bottle of everyclear on ebay for £70.
iso not for drinking.just cleaning and iso hash where the hash dries hard like a stone.then crumbled and smoked in a joint.not really worth the hassle as theres so many other ways to do the same thing,but worth a bash like most other things.
keep er lit.
:pighug:

nice review Maria!, when I go over there it wants me to log in ?, am I not already logged into AFN?,
Industrial Plant CBD Auto RSO (variant)

10 g dried and 2 month cured IP CBD flower.
200 ml 95% ethanol (food grade) first wash.
100 ml 95% ethanol (food grade) first wash.
Then two strains through large tea bag pouch.
Then into the rice cooker, watching temp.
As it is cooking down and most of the ethanol gone I add 9 ml olive oil.
Rather than making straight RSO I want something thinner.
I'm figuring 10 g bud at maybe 10% cannabinoids is 1 g.
I have 10 ml dropper bottles, so 1 g cannabinoids + 9 ml is about 10 g.
The result is a nice mix, well blended.
:stir:cooking up the medicine:thumbsup:

@Vapo69 try The Drink Shop at Ramsgate https://www.thedrinkshop.com/ They have Balkan Vodka which is 88% and what @archie gemmill uses, or I use Don Q 151 Rum.
Ribbzzy tincture thread has a list of cheaper and maybe a couple of % higher than the balkan i got.or maybe they just hammered me on postage :shrug:if i remember.
thats good digging Vapo :thumbsup: i could only find a half bottle of everyclear on ebay for £70.
iso not for drinking.just cleaning and iso hash where the hash dries hard like a stone.then crumbled and smoked in a joint.not really worth the hassle as theres so many other ways to do the same thing,but worth a bash like most other things.
keep er lit.
:pighug:
yeah thanks guys......this is my next avenue of exploration now i'm set straight on iso....thanks for the info :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Hey there! I'm no expert. @Mañ'O'Green has far more experience, check his thread on extractions.
I'm using food grade 95% ethanol.
I'm tempted to use isopropyl, as I'm confident I can vaporize off all the isopropyl and leave it clean.
But... I need to research it a bit more to be sure.
I don't think there is food grade isopropyl, is there? It's a toxin to humans.
Ethanol is, too, but somehow we have a culture of consuming the stuff... (well, other people, not me!)
I think do go for something food grade, i.e. something that humans can put in their bodies in small amounts that aren't toxic.
I'm finding that doing these ethanol cook offs far easier than straight oil (or butter).
The oil and butter methods take hours to cook. Though, the result of my coconut oil was very good.
I'm finding that with two washes, then two quick strains, rice cooker as double boiler, can do whole cook in maybe 90 minutes.

Back