Hey Maria, congrats on the mini harvest! Ive been wanting to make some vape oil from the royal dwarf I grew... After a bit of researching, I thought It'd probably be a bit complicated for me and too much messing around, not to mention a strong possibility of blowing up my house hehe. I want to try now making straight oil and adding it into pre made vape juice instead (tons of flavours to choose from), you can get vape juice with different VG & PG levels, so if you get a thinner liquid and add your oil to that, it would make a nice consistency.. Well this is my theory anyways. I only have access to isopropyl in my country unfortunately.. So been watching vids on youtube. Found a few that I thought were really good.. Will post link below. But one thing I thought was interesting and gave me a little more confidence in using iso is if you add a small amount of water in the boiling process it lets you know when there is no iso left.. iso boiling point is 180F whereas water is 212F so if the water is gone there is no possible way for any iso to be left in your end product. Have you used anything other than a rice cooker for your oils? Watched a vid where a water distiller and coffee machine was used..
Also curious to hear how your honey peach turns out.. I've just ordered some (couldn't help myself), there's not much out there yet on this strain.

Heres the vid link if interested.. there's 5 parts to it. It's probably everything you already know but I like the info in it :biggrin:

Here's the water distiller one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYMCA_Tg_vk

@Avalanche Blanch Please do not use ISO; even QWISO that is finished in a vacuum dryer will test positive for ISO. You can never get it all out! Are you in a country that has totally banned all drinking? There is no Vodka at all?

@Avalanche Blanch Please do not use ISO; even QWISO that is finished in a vacuum dryer will test positive for ISO. You can never get it all out! Are you in a country that has totally banned all drinking? There is no Vodka at all?

Hi Man,

I agree with you it's not the best method.. however at 70 bucks for 500ml bottle of high proof vodka, which is also a pain to get, not really an option for me..I think if done right, the risk is minimal. Done lots of research and can't find anything on adverse effects from using cannabis oil using this method, I think the fumes would be harmful so you would have to be very careful. I'm definitely open to any other ideas, never made oil and I'm a new grower..

Hi Man,

I agree with you it's not the best method.. however at 70 bucks for 500ml bottle of high proof vodka, which is also a pain to get, not really an option for me..I think if done right, the risk is minimal. Done lots of research and can't find anything on adverse effects from using cannabis oil using this method, I think the fumes would be harmful so you would have to be very careful. I'm definitely open to any other ideas, never made oil and I'm a new grower..
How about cheap 40% (80 proof) vodka is that available?

Yea, but don't think the end result would be very good. You got me thinking though.. looking into infusing with VG. Takes a couple months at least but safe method and can do a small test to see how it works out :coffee:
I have a cold VG infusion going on now just over 1 year and still getting better. I have a lot of other meds to get me through while I wait.

If you can get one of these "Water Distillers" you can distill the cheap vodka into 185 proof Ethanol to use for your extractions and you can save most of it ~80% for the next run. If you can get one of these I can walk you through the process. You want one that looks like this:

distiller.jpg

@Man O Green

I have one of those water distillers as per your photo....can you please describe the process for me ( I am using D/P Charlottes Angel), cured for nearly 6 months for a high CBD end result ???
Sure. Buy two 1.75 L of cheap 40% (80 proof) liquor ( I use vodka). Pour both into the distiller and distill until you fill one of the 1.75 L bottles. Empty the remains out of the distiller. Refill with the first run ethanol and distill it again to 1.5 L (that is just to the top of the label on the cheap stuff I have been buying). You may want to measure 1.5 L of water into one of the empty bottles to see where the line is. This will give you 1.5 L of ~ 90% 180 proof Ethanol. This will extract well.

Do the freezer 5 minute extraction method. Break buds apart by hand - do not chop or grind and place in a mason jar. put the buds and ethanol in the freezer overnight. Using ski gloves to handle the cold vessels so your hands do not warm things up, pour the ethanol over the buds enough to cover. Shake and put back into the freezer every minute for 5 minutes. You can do this longer but it will pick up more chlorophyll the longer you wash it. Strain through a wire mesh and save the buds in the freezer. Now strain the wash through an unbleached coffee filter. Measure the extraction volume and put the extraction in the distiller. Distill out ~ 80% of the volume you just put in the distiller to reuse later. Pour the remaining oil into a glass pan and finish the evaporation outdoors. Put some pantyhose over the pan and have a fan blow over it to dry it faster. Pick up with a scraping tool and enjoy.

When you have 4 or 5 jars of the buds that you put back into the freezer do a second wash on them. Just fill the first jar and shake a bit and pour into the second and so forth. You do not need to wait between jars since the buds have been soaking since the first wash. Filter and process like above. This will be strong but will also be much darker than the first run.

If you need the entire process to to make QWET to Vape see my thread - link in my signature.

I have a cold VG infusion going on now just over 1 year and still getting better. I have a lot of other meds to get me through while I wait.

If you can get one of these "Water Distillers" you can distill the cheap vodka into 185 proof Ethanol to use for your extractions and you can save most of it ~80% for the next run. If you can get one of these I can walk you through the process. You want one that looks like this:

View attachment 938900

Wow.. 1 year, do you try it as you go along? is it very potent?

The 2nd vid I posted was an ethanol extraction using the water distiller. Have you ever used it to make oil as well? Didn't know it could be used to make high proof alcohol.. definitely keen to give this a go.

Back