Extraction Magical Butter Machine

@Dudeski @SPZ

Last week I tried a bud that I decarbed. It was a little one about the size of the size of my top of my thumb. I wanted to see if it was really decarbed. Well in two hours I was OD. It was the hardest I have ever been buzzed on weed. I knew all was good, but what a way to find out.
:dizzy:

I have had my MBM for about 2 weeks. This will be a short journal off what I did and how things worked out for my tincture.
Just a note to all.
MBM says they will not warrant any MBM that is bought on Amazon or Ebay. I believe these are knock offs and are the reason for some to feel the product is not as good as it has been. So I bought direct from MBM

Here is what I got. The MBM, Silicone glove and a filter. All was heavy duty and felt solid and well made.
DSC_5012.jpg

I took 18 grs of my Colorado Cookies from Dutch Passion. I did not break it up. I just baked it as is.
I used a turkey bag and put the bud in there and then set the bag in a oven plate.
DSC_5013.jpg

I followed @pop22 advise on how he de-carbs his bud Quote "... I've found that you get a better decarb, if you dry the weed in the oven first. Low temps won't affect the decarb. I dry @ 180F for 15 minutes, remove the material from the oven, raise the oven temp to 250F then do the decarb run. It may actually be better to run a minute or two longer than 27 minutes, rather than less." Here is what it looked like after the de-carb.
DSC_5014.jpg

I then placed the buds in the MBM. I did not break up the buds.
DSC_5016.jpg

DSC_5017.jpg

I am using Everclear 190 proof for this run. I used 2 cups. You are to cover the buds and the 2 cups is MINIMUM you can use per MBM.
NOTE this is not for drinking straight. DO NOT TRY IT Stoners. Do NOT !!!
DSC_5019.jpg

DSC_5018.jpg

I did not want to take any chances so I put the MBM out in the garage and plugged it in. There are only 2 choices you need to make. Temp and time. That's it, very simple. I ran my run at 130F for 1 hour, again per info from Pop22.
DSC_5020.jpg

After you enter the time the MBM starts. There is a circle on the top that has fashing leds. This tells you that the MBM is working. Wait for the lights to turn off before you try to remove the top
DSC_5021.jpg

When it has run the time you set you pour the contents into the filter. The filter is heavy duty and will last a long time. So now pour the contents in the filter into a glass container.
DSC_5022.jpg

DSC_5024.jpg

Here is the green dragon in the glass measurement cup.
DSC_5025.jpg

DSC_5026.jpg

I am using a syringe as my measuring devise so I know how much I am consuming.
DSC_5028.jpg

Ok so how was it????? Well I wanted the tincture to be a 3-5 drop sublingual intake. I did not want it to be digested and pass through the stomach. I took 1 0.1 ml under my tongue. I felt little a rush but not much. So I took 3 more under the tongue. Ouch the burn was more than I was willing to put up with. I did not feel much effect. Tho it was quick and there was no 2 hour wait and feel.

Then I tried 1.0 ml in some water. After 2.5 hours ,NOTHING. Then I took 2.0 ml. 2 hours and I had a slight buzz. Not what I was looking for.

I figured I did something wrong. Perhaps I did the decarb wrong or did not use enough bud.
Oh you know how you question yourself and say it was all my fault. Well I would try something different the next day.

I thought an oz/28 grams would be best. So I took 10 more grams of bud and decarbed it. I then ate a very small bud to see if I had done the decarb correct.
Well in 2 hours that bud and only that bud kicked my ass and I was very near OD. So the buds were decarbed correctly.

I had to wait a few daze before I had courage to continue. I took the 10 grams and put it in the MBM. This time I used the green dragon I had and used that for the everclear plus some everclear to fill it to the 2 cup mark. I ran this for 4 hours.

I am happy to say that 1.0 ml of the combined mix gave me a good little buzz. I will now try the 2.0 ml of it.

I keep hearing @Dudeski say, "...I use it full strength.." So I am only using 1/2 of the bud he is using. Live learn and try not to kill your self our our plants.

Hope you found this worth the long read.

Last edited:
@Nosias - thanks for the nice write-up and excellent photos. This is helpful as I contemplate what to do with my 1st use of the MBM that arrived a few days ago. :thanks:

@Nosias - thanks for the nice write-up and excellent photos. This is helpful as I contemplate what to do with my 1st use of the MBM that arrived a few days ago. :thanks:

Hoped it showed how easy it is. I would say I would try the VG next time. The Everclear does really burn the tongue and the VG does not, AS I read.....
Now it is trial and re-trial on how much do I need. Also how much bud do you use? it says 28 grams per cup. Only used 28 grams total.

Have a safe trip.

Hoped it showed how easy it is. I would say I would try the VG next time. The Everclear does really burn the tongue and the VG does not, AS I read.....
Now it is trial and re-trial on how much do I need. Also how much bud do you use? it says 28 grams per cup. Only used 28 grams total.

Have a safe trip.

Glycerin is a very poor solvent of cannabinoids. The Magical Butter Machine facebook group is littered with complaints about glycerin tincture.
Your best strategy is to make 190 proof alcohol tincture, evaporate/boil off the alcohol, then add the resulting FECO to warm glycerin.
Failing that, just make the tincture strong enough that a smaller, less burning amount is needed.

I have had my MBM for about 2 weeks. This will be a short journal off what I did and how things worked out for my tincture.
Just a note to all.
MBM says they will not warrant any MBM that is bought on Amazon or Ebay. I believe these are knock offs and are the reason for some to feel the product is not as good as it has been. So I bought direct from MBM

Here is what I got. The MBM, Silicone glove and a filter. All was heavy duty and felt solid and well made.
View attachment 880369

I took 18 grs of my Colorado Cookies from Dutch Passion. I did not break it up. I just baked it as is.
I used a turkey bag and put the bud in there and then set the bag in a oven plate.
View attachment 880372

I followed @pop22 advise on how he de-carbs his bud Quote "... I've found that you get a better decarb, if you dry the weed in the oven first. Low temps won't affect the decarb. I dry @ 180F for 15 minutes, remove the material from the oven, raise the oven temp to 250F then do the decarb run. It may actually be better to run a minute or two longer than 27 minutes, rather than less." Here is what it looked like after the de-carb.
View attachment 880373

I then placed the buds in the MBM. I did not break up the buds.
View attachment 880374

View attachment 880375

I am using Everclear 190 proof for this run. I used 2 cups. You are to cover the buds and the 2 cups is MINIMUM you can use per MBM.
NOTE this is not for drinking straight. DO NOT TRY IT Stoners. Do NOT !!!
View attachment 880378

View attachment 880380

I did not want to take any chances so I put the MBM out in the garage and plugged it in. There are only 2 choices you need to make. Temp and time. That's it, very simple. I ran my run at 130F for 1 hour, again per info from Pop22.
View attachment 880386

After you enter the time the MBM starts. There is a circle on the top that has fashing leds. This tells you that the MBM is working. Wait for the lights to turn off before you try to remove the top
View attachment 880388

When it has run the time you set you pour the contents into the filter. The filter is heavy duty and will last a long time. So now pour the contents in the filter into a glass container.
View attachment 880396
View attachment 880400

Here is the green dragon in the glass measurement cup.
View attachment 880405

View attachment 880406
I am using a syringe as my measuring devise so I know how much I am consuming.
View attachment 880407

Ok so how was it????? Well I wanted the tincture to be a 3-5 drop sublingual intake. I did not want it to be digested and pass through the stomach. I took 1 0.1 ml under my tongue. I felt little a rush but not much. So I took 3 more under the tongue. Ouch the burn was more than I was willing to put up with. I did not feel much effect. Tho it was quick and there was no 2 hour wait and feel.

Then I tried 1.0 ml in some water. After 2.5 hours ,NOTHING. Then I took 2.0 ml. 2 hours and I had a slight buzz. Not what I was looking for.

I figured I did something wrong. Perhaps I did the decarb wrong or did not use enough bud.
Oh you know how you question yourself and say it was all my fault. Well I would try something different the next day.

I thought an oz/28 grams would be best. So I took 10 more grams of bud and decarbed it. I then ate a very small bud to see if I had done the decarb correct.
Well in 2 hours that bud and only that bud kicked my ass and I was very near OD. So the buds were decarbed correctly.

I had to wait a few daze before I had courage to continue. I took the 10 grams and put it in the MBM. This time I used the green dragon I had and used that for the everclear plus some everclear to fill it to the 2 cup mark. I ran this for 4 hours.

I am happy to say that 1.0 ml of the combined mix gave me a good little buzz. I will now try the 2.0 ml of it.

I keep hearing @Dudeski say, "...I use it full strength.." So I am only using 1/2 of the bud he is using. Live learn and try not to kill your self our our plants.

Hope you found this worth the long read.
My max strength is with coconut oil. Makes about an equivalent to a 20mg edible from a dispensary.

Thank you for posting a EC tincture run, it will help all of us after you. Where your measurements aligned with the recipe in the MB book?

I ate a decarbed bud once, it was certainly a trip! One helluva buzz. No need to eat edibles if you can stomach a decarbed bud

My max strength is with coconut oil. Makes about an equivalent to a 20mg edible from a dispensary.

Thank you for posting a EC tincture run, it will help all of us after you. Where your measurements aligned with the recipe in the MB book?

I ate a decarbed bud once, it was certainly a trip! One helluva buzz. No need to eat edibles if you can stomach a decarbed bud

If you strain your MBM oil, about half the medicine stays in the strained out sludge.
You might want to try segregating a small portion before straining, and compare it to the strained.

190 proof ethanol is an excellent solvent, and leaves practically no medicine in the strained out sludge, with sufficient soaking time.

If you strain your MBM oil, about half the medicine stays in the strained out sludge.
You might want to try segregating a small portion before straining, and compare it to the strained.

190 proof ethanol is an excellent solvent, and leaves practically no medicine in the strained out sludge, with sufficient soaking time.

I found that out my last run. I put the sludge in a brownie mix, they were strong but had a heavy weed taste.

Back