Extraction Magical Butter Machine

My friend add food flavors according to the mb website recipe and it really masks the flavor.

Moring all! Making a batch o Holiday Cheer! 66 grams of decarbed bud with a mix of purple kush and cindy jack! 4 cups of coconut oil and 4 tbs of soy lecithin. decarbed for 32 minutes at 250*F and just dropped it in the magic butter machine and plugged it in. Set it for 160*F for 4 hours. I know it can be done in 2, but I want everything the canna has to offer and this should be some stout oil! I had to rush it, as the wife is at work and she doesnt partake and hates when the house smells like canna, so I am doing this on the quick and with a 4 hour time in the MB2, I'll have a few hours to clean up and air the house out a bit. Looking forward to capping these and making some Christmas brownies!
View attachment 838320 View attachment 838321 View attachment 838322

As you might already know, unstrained oils are about twice as potent as strained oils.
If you do strain, keep the potent sludge.

I own 2 MBMs, but rarely use them anymore, because it's easier just to decarb the herb, grind to powder, add to the oil of any recipe, and then bake.
I learned this from Ardent Cannabis, maker of Lift/Nova decarboxylator, my favorite MJ appliance, that infusion is completely unnecessary.
I was highly skeptical, but found it to be true by actually trying it.

Ingesting whole herb gets all the medicine, not just half.
But taste is a minor issue with some edibles.

water curing works for that. So does leaving the buds in sunlight to get rid of the chlorphyll. I've some trainwreck buds I tried that with, and it did not affect the potency at all. A day and theyt are golden brown. makes AWESOME butter!
I should break out the MBM and try a glycerine run. Want to try making some infused VG and then mixing that with some PG to try making a little vape juice.

Has anyone that's not a fan of the canna taste in the butter tried the water curing before making the butter? Haven't tried it but from what I've heard it's supposed to be able to remove most of the plant taste.

Any alternative to MBM in Europe?
try the Mighty Herbal Infuser or Magic Butter via Amazon. A google search should be able to provide you some info on what they have in your area.

@Dudeski, as promised....Da oil! Dark stuff, the darkest I have gotten to date. I suspect its from the purple kush, as the shit on the bottom of the MB2 was dark purple! No burnt smell to it at all and its gonna be good strong oil! I use paint strainers found in most hardware stores. Disposable and you can still squeeze the last drop of oil through the paper filters and the mesh is super fine and takes out all the particulates.
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG

A 2 hour run only gets a mild canna taste to the butter. I personally love the flavor! Thanks to pop22 i can properly decarb.

I bought a butter mold. Wrap the sticks in cellophane and freeze.
Hey I told ya I been decarbing using turkey bags, I'm not sure what is so different about it... But it really seems to lock in all the original flavors, the coconut oil comes out tasting so delicious, you'll find yourself licking your fingers and what-not, it's really that good... I think being in the bag nothing can escape, so not only it won't stink up your house, but decarbs very evenly and leaves such a desirable flavor... Try it out, you'll see what I mean... Me saying it, don't really mean much, But I am sure if you try you will agree...

try the Mighty Herbal Infuser or Magic Butter via Amazon. A google search should be able to provide you some info on what they have in your area.

@Dudeski, as promised....Da oil! Dark stuff, the darkest I have gotten to date. I suspect its from the purple kush, as the shit on the bottom of the MB2 was dark purple! No burnt smell to it at all and its gonna be good strong oil! I use paint strainers found in most hardware stores. Disposable and you can still squeeze the last drop of oil through the paper filters and the mesh is super fine and takes out all the particulates.
View attachment 838404 View attachment 838405 View attachment 838406

Oh that is bea-U-tiful!

Hey I told ya I been decarbing using turkey bags, I'm not sure what is so different about it... But it really seems to lock in all the original flavors, the coconut oil comes out tasting so delicious, you'll find yourself licking your fingers and what-not, it's really that good... I think being in the bag nothing can escape, so not only it won't stink up your house, but decarbs very evenly and leaves such a desirable flavor... Try it out, you'll see what I mean... Me saying it, don't really mean much, But I am sure if you try you will agree...

I will have to give it a try :d5:

I too use turkey roasting bags. I don't like the flavor. I don't even like smoking flowers, but put me at a table with canna caps, edibles and some fat dabs and I'll volunteer for that duty all year long! I smoked only 2 times with flower for 2017, but I am headed to Cannacon in Seattle in February and will get a few things from dispensaries for sure. Rosin joints, some Dutch berry pre rolls and a ton of edibles!

Back