New Grower Lowryder 2 grow, from seed to smoke!

wow alaskan! did not see that monster turning out like that -- too bad she wasnt budding compare to the others.

would have been an amazing yield for LR#2 at that height:
211353d1366689849-lowryder-2-grow-seed-smoke-so-tall.jpg

your girls are coming along nicely bro -- frosty and on the way to packing up those weights.

212337d1366858219-lowryder-2-grow-seed-smoke-tent.jpg

you have 1 ufo per plant?! how are you liking the lights with the density/results so far?!
very interested to see how they turn out as i just added an LED to my set up as well

and did i read it right that you just pollinated the girls @ 7 1/2 weeks old?! if so -- you are looking at 11-13 week harvest point
(that is about 4-6 weeks from now for the seeds to be viable etc -- otherwise that pollination would be pointless)

looking forward to updates! keep it up bro. :thumbs:

Actually I pollinated one of the younger ones, at 6 weeks and 2 days. So basically 6 weeks. So I'll harvest that one at ten weeks. I did not pollinate the main cola, so I'll take that when it's done, and let the lower branches get a little over done if need be. However, 10 weeks is about right for a lowryder 2, so no worries:booya:.
I have three 90W UFOs with 6 plants. Although I gave up on The Freak, she's just sitting in the back now. So really 3 UFO for 5 plants, plus those monster LED flowering bulbs. It's already looking like I'll get a MUCH bigger harvest than last year during my first grow. Although LR2 are not a big producer, just small and fun to grow, and have a good smoke, in my opinion. Penetration with the 90W UFO is not great, but side lighting help. And this grow the plants stretched just right, allowing lots of light in with the younger 4 plants. The first older one is a bit bushy, so the side lights are a necessity. Man! Lots of buds getting fat. I'll post more pictures soon. Things are really fattening up on the older plant. Ready to harvest in about 10 days. Yesterday's trial bud I smoked hit hard and lasted an hour. I like the short duration, and haven't found that in another variety. For growth this year, side lighting with LED is making a difference, plus better PH (now, after screwing up initially), fertilizer, larger containers and such.

Last edited:
Actually I pollinated one of the younger ones, at 6 weeks and 2 days. So basically 6 weeks. So I'll harvest that one at ten weeks. I did not pollinate the main cola, so I'll take that when it's done, and let the lower branches get a little over done if need be. However, 10 weeks is about right for a lowryder 2, so no worries:booya:.
I have three 90W UFOs with 6 plants. Although I gave up on The Freak, she's just sitting in the back now. So really 3 UFO for 5 plants, plus those monster LED flowering bulbs. It's already looking like I'll get a MUCH bigger harvest than last year during my first grow. Although LR2 are not a big producer, just small and fun to grow, and have a good smoke, in my opinion. Yesterday's trial bud I smoked hit hard and lasted an hour. I like the short duration, and haven't found that in another variety. For growth this year, side lighting with LED is making a difference, plus better PH (now, after screwing up initially), fertilizer, larger containers and such.

that learning curve always gets you :smokebuds: but the grows definitely gets easier in time.

i did not think that 3 ufo for 5 plants was enough but they are looking good!
what did you yield last grow with the ufo?
how was the density/penetration?

and yes i agree with LR#2 being a very good smoke! :dance:

that learning curve always gets you :smokebuds: but the grows definitely gets easier in time.

i did not think that 3 ufo for 5 plants was enough but they are looking good!
what did you yield last grow with the ufo?
how was the density/penetration?

and yes i agree with LR#2 being a very good smoke! :dance:

Ya, I'm finding that one 90W UFO for every two plants works fine. I don't remember my yield last year, but it was not much. Two plants and about 1/2 ounce total I'm guessing. This year with side lighting will be much, much better. At least a 1/2 oz. per plant, maybe a lot more. The older plant is just now starting to really fatten up. I know that sounds like not much, but that's the deal with lowryder 2 I think. I may get more. I'll know soon! I would highly recommend 90W UFOs. Things are looking good. I've got some automatic AK 47 seeds for my next grow, and they are a much larger harvest. I'm thinking the UFOs will be just fine, with side lighting. I'll also be planting some lowberry seeds. Those look fun; just one big cola with high THC. Ya, the lowryder 2 smoke is great. Some people gripe about the lowryder strains, but I've enjoyed it all. Lowryder 2 is not long lasting, and that's cool with me. An hour or so, then smoke more if you want it. My gf and I used a bong last year with LR2 and got ripped! She was puking, and I couldn't get off the bed to help her. Ha! Lots of auditory hallucinations, every little noise sounds huge. But we smoked too much that night.... Normally, 2 good hits and you're having a good time. But one must be careful. It's not a weak smoke, as some believe.

Ya, The Freak is just all flowers and fan leaves, nothing producing at all yet.

Ya, I'm finding that one 90W UFO for every two plants works fine. I don't remember my yield last year, but it was not much. Two plants and about 1/2 ounce total I'm guessing. This year with side lighting will be much, much better. At least a 1/2 oz. per plant, maybe a lot more. The older plant is just now starting to really fatten up. I know that sounds like not much, but that's the deal with lowryder 2 I think. I may get more. I'll know soon! I would highly recommend 90W UFOs. Things are looking good. I've got some automatic AK 47 seeds for my next grow, and they are a much larger harvest. I'm thinking the UFOs will be just fine, with side lighting. I'll also be planting some lowberry seeds. Those look fun; just one big cola with high THC. Ya, the lowryder 2 smoke is great. Some people gripe about the lowryder strains, but I've enjoyed it all. Lowryder 2 is not long lasting, and that's cool with me. An hour or so, then smoke more if you want it. My gf and I used a bong last year with LR2 and got ripped! She was puking, and I couldn't get off the bed to help her. Ha! Lots of auditory hallucinations, every little noise sounds huge. But we smoked too much that night.... Normally, 2 good hits and you're having a good time. But one must be careful. It's not a weak smoke, as some believe.

Ya, The Freak is just all flowers and fan leaves, nothing producing at all yet.

mmm ak47 sounds delicious already :drool:

you ever think about using all ufo + side lighting and maximize 1-2 plants?!
that could potentially turn out to be a monster with all those watts (might be too much -- who knows? lol)

i currently have a 100BS at the moment -- seems to be working.
just need to run 1 plant next time to maximize and see the yield.

LR#2 was a very good high @1:30 - 2hrs of couch lock duration (harvested at amber)
cant knock it if you havent tried it for sure - smaller yield but high potency

that could potentially turn out to be a monster with all those watts (might be too much -- who knows? lol)

LR#2 was a very good high @1:30 - 2hrs of couch lock duration (harvested at amber)

Ya, I think it's pretty high potency too. I wonder why so many people dog the lowryder 2:shrug:
Who all out there has tried lowryder 2, and what did you think???????:eye:

I think one 90w UFO with side lighting is sufficient and will grow max yield with two plants. My plants aren't stretching, so that tells me the lighting is enough. Lots of sugar starting now, and my one-week older plant is really starting to fill her buds out!:jump:

Ya, I think it's pretty high potency too. I wonder why so many people dog the lowryder 2:shrug:
Who all out there has tried lowryder 2, and what did you think???????:eye:

I love the LR 2's

Have two going right now which are a week or so older than yours,Great smoke for mellowing out and watching a movie or going for a late night stroll :D

I love the LR 2's

Have two going right now which are a week or so older than yours,Great smoke for mellowing out and watching a movie or going for a late night stroll :D

Ya, why some people talk smack about them, I' don't get it. Hey! Your plants are about ready to cut. How do you know when your are done? I just got a cheap scope, and I just looked a minute ago: mine are looking clear, no cloudy or dark, so I'm guessing at least 10 days, maybe two weeks. I couldn't help it, I plucked a few sugar leaves off. I didn't want to start the oven, so put 'em in the pipe green! Crazy. Never done that. Anyway, just a couple green sugar leaves, and mmmmmm. Mellow. Love it.

Most of the hate for autos came from people only trying the original lowryder which was far less potent and they never tried anything else lol

I stopped trying to check my trics as i'm half blind plus i've noticed with mine they barely amber up anyways,I just let mine go now for maybe 10 - 11 weeks then give them 2 or 3 drinks of strait water and call her done

Back