cheers man! good look with your grow. i've subbed up to follow your grow.

It does look like they are stretching a bit. This can be either due to a lack of light (you could try adding a couple of CFL lights to your starter setup), or it can also be caused by over watering. When I pot up my Jiffy's I make sure that the soil in the starter pot is well watered, than plant in the Jiffy. For the first week-2 weeks depending on temperature I only add a tiny amount of water around the jiffy. The idea being to draw the roots down and out of the Jiffy. The plants first full watering won't be until the pot is pretty light and dry, then I tend to water from the bottom up - adding water to a saucer and allowing the pot to draw up the moisture - this helps by keeping the top of the soil relatively dry reducing the risk of dampening off.

In any case they're looking good and if they get too floppy you can always give them some support with small canes.

Guys! Any help totally appreciated! Got a yellowing of leaves and what could be nute burn? or some deficiency. Any help most def welcome! Thanking you in advance!

leaf damage.jpg
leaf damage2.jpg
leafdamage3.jpg
leaf damage2.jpg

hey man, no idea to be honest but im in exactly the same situation as you. Started a few days ago and looks like it might be getting worse. Are you using a propagator or anything ?

hey man, no idea to be honest but im in exactly the same situation as you. Started a few days ago and looks like it might be getting worse. Are you using a propagator or anything ?
hey D, yes, have got them in a propagator. swung by my local friendly grow shop and they reckon it's too much nutes. I've been using Mills Lightmix which and a bit of formulex. they said not to worry and just to lay off the formulex for a few days.... culd yours be something similar do you reckon?

I've not started with the nutes yet. I've been wondering if the sun here is just too strong for them at the moment. I'm in Spain and the sun on my terrace is very strong, magnify that with the propagator...... Today I put them in the shade to see if that helps. No idea really to be honest

Hi knocker, sorry I missed this, yes it looks to me like a bit of nute burn too. The Mills Lightmix will contain enough food for the plant at this stage and for a while yet so no need for extra nutes at the mo.
@Deckard I would imagine it was pretty hot in that propagator so it sounds as though your seedlings may have been cooking a little bit. If they have proper leaves and it's nice and warm in the day take the propagator lid off, they'll love all the fresh air and sunshine!

I've not started with the nutes yet. I've been wondering if the sun here is just too strong for them at the moment. I'm in Spain and the sun on my terrace is very strong, magnify that with the propagator...... Today I put them in the shade to see if that helps. No idea really to be honest
yes - maybe it's too intense for them with the propagator. maybe try it without? let us know how you get on. good luck, sir!

Hi knocker, sorry I missed this, yes it looks to me like a bit of nute burn too. The Mills Lightmix will contain enough food for the plant at this stage and for a while yet so no need for extra nutes at the mo.
@Deckard I would imagine it was pretty hot in that propagator so it sounds as though your seedlings may have been cooking a little bit. If they have proper leaves and it's nice and warm in the day take the propagator lid off, they'll love all the fresh air and sunshine!

cheers sir pathway! yes - i've knocked those extra nutes right off. am very excited as i have 3 auto brooklyn sunrise beans that have sprouted earlier in the week and am just allowing myself the indulgent thought of the possibility of having 6 beautiful plants to chop come the end of july..... - well, I can dream! thanks for your post, bro!

Saturday Update. Think Differents are now on Day 13 from sprout. I took the leap and repotted them into their final root pouch home and moved them outside for the day and night! Had a look this morning and they seem to have made it through! Think the overnight temp was around 50. Was reading this morning that the ideal is between 55 and 86 to grow in. Am a little worried that the shock of transplant and a night in the cold - albeit in my little plastic sheeted greenhouse might have done some damage. Anyway, here's some pics from a sunny saturday afternoon in a suburban london back garden!

repot1.jpg repot2.jpg repot3.jpg topshot1.jpg topshot1.jpg topshot2.jpg topshot3.jpg

Back