so here is my makeshift nursery set up. i've got a 26 w secret jardin vegging light sat about 114/15 inches above my dome and i'm thinking of giving them 18 hrs on and 6 off. sound about right? one last thing - i've got a temp inside the dome of 70 degrees and humidity reading of 86% is that too high?
26w prop set up.jpg

Hi knocker, looks like a nice little stealthy set up. 18/6 is a good light schedule but development will be faster at 20/4. Temps and humidity are fine :thumbsup:

Hi there, I'm along for the ride too. If you make a small box to enclose the sides (like a sleeve) around your starting box it will give you a lot more light in that small space without changing the temps much. If you can see light in your room then that's wattage not reaching your plants. You can paint a cardboard box white or wrap in foil to create reflective surfaces.

I will refrain from making comments about Liverpool or I know I'll come home one day and find all my lights missing :D

Have fun :vibe:

Last edited:
No problem man, actually i use foam cups but this is just because that's what i have easily at my disposal, but im sure you can use paper cups too or any type of cup for that matter, as for size the bigger the cup the more time you can leave it in, just remember to transplant when you see roots at the bottom holes.No sooner no later.

Hi there, I'm along for the ride too. If you make a small box to enclose the sides (like a sleeve) around your starting box it will give you a lot more light in that small space without changing the temps much. If you can see light in your room then that's wattage not reaching your plants. You can paint a cardboard box white or wrap in foil to create reflective surfaces.

I will refrain from making comments about Liverpool or I know I'll come home one day and find all my lights missing :D

Have fun :vibe:
good call sir! love that. thank you. - and yes, keep an eye on them lights. i'm after a couple! :eyebrows:

No problem man, actually i use foam cups but this is just because that's what i have easily at my disposal, but im sure you can use paper cups too or any type of cup for that matter, as for size the bigger the cup the more time you can leave it in, just remember to transplant when you see roots at the bottom holes.No sooner no later.
nice one, buddy! thank you.

So here is a quick photo update for monday. The biggest of the seeds has shot out of the traps. don't know whether she looks a bit mashed though. Any advice would be welcomed here....

biggy.jpg

the next one looks as though she might be coming through. looks like a bit of seed shell breaking through....

lil poppa.jpg

and the third one I fear is lost to a water logged pitch. i've never used jiffy plugs before and i was worried that they were too wet so i gave them a wee squeeze whilst trying to retain a decent amount of moisture. guess i effed up here....

waterlog.jpg

any advice for this? i did think about pulling it out and sticking it on the window sill in full light to try and dry it out but then I worried that I kill it - like i haven't already!

Back