Live Stoners Live Stoner Smoking!!! BBQ & Live Fire Chitchat

One more...

Hell yeah. Im I'm gonna try one of those recipes. I've been grilling up a storm this week. As I type this I've got 9 pounded trimmed chicken breasts soaking in a bottled Caesar Dressing which the first 3 ingredients are buttermilk, balsamic vinegar, and soybean oil not necessarily in that order, because the bottle has been recycled and I don't member. I was looking for something different, and the Caesar checks some key boxes, so for $1.29 to marinate 9 breasts, which is 5+ pounds of chicken, not too shabby. I am gonna cook some later and share some pics. I am going to Niagara Falls on Tuesday to go see Brit Floyd @ Artpark!!! Super excited, got the tickets about 2 months ago. Brit Floyd is a Pink Floyd tribute band that is amazing. Never seen em live, but they have some killer full concerts on YouTube. I've been to about 6 or 8 fake Floyd shows from Darkside of the Moon and The Machine, which both are excellent, but Brit Floyd is full blown next level. Even cooler was the $12 ticket price...bring some nice frosties dopes for the outdoor show, bring a chair and a blanket and be blown away for 2.5 hours. Also gonna take a little late lunch picnic detour at Niagara Falls while we are right there and bring some sammiches, cause why not. It's not everyday that you get to have lunch next to one of the natural wonders of the world. Music, food, friends, falls and Phistos...it's gonna be a blast.

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Getting ready to move in the next few weeks, so still just going day by day on the cooking and not really stocking up on anything or doing any big smoker jobs. Can't wait to get into the new place and have housemates to help prevent leftovers and be able to do big smoked shoulders and such again.

Anyhow...looking at recipes for stuff to try when I get going again and came across this. Haven't found an actual recipe yet, but someone will probably have one round the 'Net soon enough. Some eatery out east is apparently doing a long brine on a skinned watermelon, then doing a long smoke in the smoker with it, then roasting with some sauce to finish it off.

Smoked watermelon "ham"...

DjHr7_oXgAIHWtB.jpg

:holymoly:
giphy.gif

OK pit masters....going to do up a rack of baby backs either today or tomorrow, and need to pick a rub. Lemme' know if you think I should hit 'em with the A1 rub, honey garlic rub, or the one I'm leaning toward...the mango chipotle rub. :chef:

IMG_7444.JPG

OK pit masters....going to do up a rack of baby backs either today or tomorrow, and need to pick a rub. Lemme' know if you think I should hit 'em with the A1 rub, honey garlic rub, or the one I'm leaning toward...the mango chipotle rub. :chef:

View attachment 937739
mango chilpotle sounds good for a hot day bbq cheers:chef:

The steak and lobster tails look amazing, but those grilled stuffed poblanos are what's really got my mouth watering. Looks yummy @Free Flow !!!!!

Steak and lobster tails................:drool:..........damn..................

Back