Live Stoners Live Stoner Smoking!!! BBQ & Live Fire Chitchat

Well I didn't get around to ever posting in the live eats section, for whatever reason... But this is more my speed! Last night a growmie and I cooked up grass fed T-bone, some old english pork sausages and a kilo of smokey spiced wings and drumsticks. Washed it down with a handfull of Westies a weed cookie, and four slices of weed brownie once home!

The bbq is a shop bought charcoal cooker that came with a small electric rotisserie attachment but the wear and tear has warped all the metal so the circle of life is in motion haha V2 is coming up soon, a nice little keg job the growmies finishing up and is proud as punch about.
7d0f0256880eb8a474a4d743a3296f9c.jpg
f656952acbd116039a360516deb377ba.jpg
9c606c5f8e938a13cd48f7addf3dedee.jpg
Hell yeah. Let's some FUCKIN CUE guys n gals. Make it happen....no excuses. I'm literally standing over preheating charcoal as I'm typing this on my phone.
a3fa2c6ffe9caaf99e237dbbf9d22758.jpg

There called KAAHBS Joe

I so badly wish I was there right now!!! Just finished work (3am) and I'm staaaarvin!

Semper Crescente [emoji41][emoji111]
Here is the fruits of our labor. Pretty much 4 hours.....two in the oven at 260° with the rub and two more indirect on the Weber Kettle with a few nice choke cherry knuckles and my homemade sauce. Got about an hour of saucing done. Also got some russets from the oven and a nice fresh salad with Marie's Bleu Cheese dressing. Gonna take a quick break for a bit and pig out. [emoji241]
673b6baf83206fb04abe1391b1de1175.jpg

There called KAAHBS Joe

Hey there fellas....happy Friday

Made some homemade panko breaded chicken breasts last night. Three stage with an egg wash. Did it on the grill...I have a dedicated grill pan which is a stainless heavy bottom pot that we throw right on the grill to do things outside. It was nice out and didn't wanna smell the house up, so we did it on the grill. You can literally cook just about anything on the grill with the right gear. Also whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Sorry for the bad pic through the oven window as that's the best I could get.

Also wanted to share a cool little 2:20 video. I am a Dream Theater NUT. I have seen em 14 times, have the Majesty symbol tattooed huge on my forearm and I am a 25 year guitar player. The guitarist in the band, John Peter Petrucci, July 12, 1967, is considered one of the best guitar players in the world....and I have a serious man crush on this man. Huge. For 23 years I have been a loyal fan and been completely captivated and moved by them like no other band ever has gotten to me. They are literally camped out in a cabin right now as I type this. They have been there since late May and just finished writing a new album, together, holed up in this cabin. After they finished writing, which was a couple weeks ago, they came back earlier this week and turned the freaking cabin into a full fledged state of the art recording studio to record the new record. Sweet and quite unexpected. Petrucci made a Twitter post earlier today called Drums & Thighs. They started actually recording, which starts with drums playing to a click track, and since he isn't a drummer, it was a lazy day at the ole shack....so why not smoke some badass chicken thighs for the band?? Love it. He is as much of a foodie as I am. I tell you what, playing an instrument and studying someone's lifelong work will really plant a deep connection. And his music is about as deep and moving as music can get...so it's quite a personal subject. Also, when I was in my 20s, I used to take a lot of ecstacy and would listen to whole DT albums back to back....5 in row...that seems to put the music in a different part of your brain. That's what my friend thinks...between that and the guitar, I have like a spirit bond with JP. Lol. Weirdo myself. If ya made it this far congrats...if not then, your mom. Hah. Here it is if ya got two minutes and change, I present Drums & Thighs:

5db2bbe1603356c68e5c3d2e5c5f1718.jpg
deea56eadcfb5186706c9f5bdff1152d.jpg
46d2587a0661f224aaa3b119c4ef7e1c.jpg
1133e86b6eee3ef4613b8419e3ef0a1a.jpg
48eccdc7dbad184efab78f335c75b320.jpg
f364b1ad93ab40826602b1ba682c0597.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Hey there fellas....happy Friday

Made some homemade panko breaded chicken breasts last night. Three stage with an egg wash. Did it on the grill...I have a dedicated grill pan which is a stainless heavy bottom pot that we throw right on the grill to do things outside. It was nice out and didn't wanna smell the house up, so we did it on the grill. You can literally cook just about anything on the grill with the right gear. Also whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Sorry for the bad pic through the oven window as that's the best I could get.

Also wanted to share a cool little 2:20 video. I am a Dream Theater NUT. I have seen em 14 times, have the Majesty symbol tattooed huge on my forearm and I am a 25 year guitar player. The guitarist in the band, John Peter Petrucci, July 12, 1967, is considered one of the best guitar players in the world....and I have a serious man crush on this man. Huge. For 23 years I have been a loyal fan and been completely captivated and moved by them like no other band ever has gotten to me. They are literally camped out in a cabin right now as I type this. They have been there since late May and just finished writing a new album, together, holed up in this cabin. After they finished writing, which was a couple weeks ago, they came back earlier this week and turned the freaking cabin into a full fledged state of the art recording studio to record the new record. Sweet and quite unexpected. Petrucci made a Twitter post earlier today called Drums & Thighs. They started actually recording, which starts with drums playing to a click track, and since he isn't a drummer, it was a lazy day at the ole shack....so why not smoke some badass chicken thighs for the band?? Love it. He is as much of a foodie as I am. I tell you what, playing an instrument and studying someone's lifelong work will really plant a deep connection. And his music is about as deep and moving as music can get...so it's quite a personal subject. Also, when I was in my 20s, I used to take a lot of ecstacy and would listen to whole DT albums back to back....5 in row...that seems to put the music in a different part of your brain. That's what my friend thinks...between that and the guitar, I have like a spirit bond with JP. Lol. Weirdo myself. If ya made it this far congrats...if not then, your mom. Hah. Here it is if ya got two minutes and change, I present Drums & Thighs:

5db2bbe1603356c68e5c3d2e5c5f1718.jpg
deea56eadcfb5186706c9f5bdff1152d.jpg
46d2587a0661f224aaa3b119c4ef7e1c.jpg
1133e86b6eee3ef4613b8419e3ef0a1a.jpg
48eccdc7dbad184efab78f335c75b320.jpg
f364b1ad93ab40826602b1ba682c0597.jpg

Hey Dr how are ya bud I didn't know you played guitar, anyway video of John P was cool. I also mess around with the axes myself. What do you think of the line 6 helix probably the only good thing line 6 has made. Although they are owned by Yamaha now I tried at guitar center through line 6 frfr speakers, was blown away by sounds of amp modeling . Even better than fractal audio imo. Keep up the good cooking bro and spread the word to the younger folk that food isn't grown in the store Cheers :chef:

Dude....I am an AFFICIANDO of gear. Tone chaser for days. Line 6 is really decent if you get the right stuff. They make a ton of crap too. I might very well grab a Helix, they are badass. The Relay G series wireless is bomb. The DL4 is fantastic. The Spider Valve amps have a killer Bogner designed 6L6 x 4 plus 12AX7 x 2 power section. The preamp on those is terrible until you get to high volume though. I have one. The secret with that amp is use a different preamp and patch it through the FX return. And the preamp I am currently using is a Line 6 HD500, which I've had for 2 years and OMG this rig sounds FUCKING PERFECT. It's all modeled guitar tone. I am JP tone and technique chaser.. his Mesa/BOOGIE tone is the cats ass. I have come extremely close to an all around JP clean, crunch, and my favorite, lead. The two gainy tones are evolutions of themselves, saved as new patches on the HD. About 5 for the the dry crunch, which is thick and nasty a lot like older Metallica. The lead tone is on it's 10th at least. It's all about EQ once u get close. These tones are hand built from scratch, the lead has a Red Compressor, a TS-9 Tube Screamer, an INSANE WAH on a toggle modeled after a custom shop CryBaby. Default is off. Next is the Pre EQ block, then the amp modelling section which is a Mesa Dual Rectifier, 4x12 Mesa Recto cab with Vintage 30s, mic'd with an SM-57 on axis and a 421 off axis blended 50/50, they don't have any Mark Series Boogies on the HD [emoji20] ..it's mostly about EQ anyway. So after that we have the post amp section "in the FX loop" which is a light hall reverb and a absolutely dialed in digital stereo delay with a short and long tail option on another toggle. One for fast solos and one for big slow epic Pink Floyd type or something like The Spirit Carries On...which I just recently got a handle on. So much emotion in there. I got 2 412 cabs, a Line 6 Vintage 30 cab, which is another INSANE product they make, and a Peavey MS412 Birch Plywood. I'm about to score a Katana head just for shitz and giggles. I also have a Peavey Ultra 60 head that I bought new in 94 or so. It sounds great when it's cranked, but I use the FX return of that as well for the HD stereo. Sounds absolutely stellar bro. Huge. Perfect. Bliss. I also have a 94 ESP Japanese Custom Shop KH-2, a 1983 Ibanez TS-9 also from Japan, a 1993 Charvel 475 Deluxe in quilted maple sunburst with a bound neck and the Jackson Sharkfin inlays. Also got a 7 String Schecter and a few cheap Strat copies as well as three acoustics, one of which is a classical guitar for the living room grab. I LOVE guitar. Maybe I can record something a little later and share it. Something tasty for sure if I do. So you know that Line 6 is now Yamaha...that's more than most "guitar players" right there. If I had a nickel for every Joe that says they are a player....and they know power chords and cowboy chords. Don't know the notes. Think a m7b5 is a type of gun or new BMW model, etc. I almost wish I went to Berkeley or some other dedicated music school. I started playing piano at 8 or so and then played Alto saxamaphone in middle school. Then music theory 101 and 201 in high school then guitar with 3 years of weekly hourly lessons. I still play a touch of piano, and I can read sheet music, but I am slow like molasses. Slower than that even...lol. Music is a part of myself for sure. I cried when Dime got shot and was actually listening to Cowboys From Hell on top of a train light truss on the main line. Car parked in the weeds with the CD on go. Kinda nuts of all the CDs in the car, that was the one we were listening to. I saw Dream Theater right down the street from where that happened. Took a little road trip. Anyway, that's my guitarded story. How guitarded are you? Go.

(Your play sir)
96e56565ebe7201962886844fa82bca0.jpg

Back