Live Stoners Live Stoner Smoking!!! BBQ & Live Fire Chitchat

*Edit*...on my guitar rig I forgot to include the Post EQ which is the first part in the chain past the cab modelling and before the reverb. Two EQs to shape and gain stage through the amp and cab modelling sections is a dope trick. TONS of control with two EQs plus the tone stack on the anp model and two presence knobs. Yeah...lots of control over tone and feel. The Helix and Fractal stuff sound good out the gate. I had to work for mine. They should put my R5 Lead Delay 01/02 in the presents for the HD...lol. I can play for 4 hours without touching anything besides a standby switch or two to fetch a beer or take a leak. Allright....I'm done. Guitarded.

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Just some pics while away. Campfire for S'mores, lunch of some brats and cheddar sausages and then a dinner of NY strip steaks, roasted corn and skillet potatoes.

2491b2e9b12cffc097913f37fa31eb91.jpg
46e94c4c399c87777a6c8d0023b2205b.jpg
6bc2519add5adf143ec5c7010c1ae2d0.jpg
c35e69d11506d6b44dcaf06994a8c86d.jpg
c06c9bf3ce01955f6a8411cd7f2d4641.jpg

Just some pics while away. Campfire for S'mores, lunch of some brats and cheddar sausages and then a dinner of NY strip steaks, roasted corn and skillet potatoes.

2491b2e9b12cffc097913f37fa31eb91.jpg
46e94c4c399c87777a6c8d0023b2205b.jpg
6bc2519add5adf143ec5c7010c1ae2d0.jpg
c35e69d11506d6b44dcaf06994a8c86d.jpg
c06c9bf3ce01955f6a8411cd7f2d4641.jpg
That's how I roll when I go camping...lol. Really "roughing it" with some steaks. Looks great bro. Have a great weekend on the ground!!! Hello rock under my tent....

Dude....I am an AFFICIANDO of gear. Tone chaser for days. Line 6 is really decent if you get the right stuff. They make a ton of crap too. I might very well grab a Helix, they are badass. The Relay G series wireless is bomb. The DL4 is fantastic. The Spider Valve amps have a killer Bogner designed 6L6 x 4 plus 12AX7 x 2 power section. The preamp on those is terrible until you get to high volume though. I have one. The secret with that amp is use a different preamp and patch it through the FX return. And the preamp I am currently using is a Line 6 HD500, which I've had for 2 years and OMG this rig sounds FUCKING PERFECT. It's all modeled guitar tone. I am JP tone and technique chaser.. his Mesa/BOOGIE tone is the cats ass. I have come extremely close to an all around JP clean, crunch, and my favorite, lead. The two gainy tones are evolutions of themselves, saved as new patches on the HD. About 5 for the the dry crunch, which is thick and nasty a lot like older Metallica. The lead tone is on it's 10th at least. It's all about EQ once u get close. These tones are hand built from scratch, the lead has a Red Compressor, a TS-9 Tube Screamer, an INSANE WAH on a toggle modeled after a custom shop CryBaby. Default is off. Next is the Pre EQ block, then the amp modelling section which is a Mesa Dual Rectifier, 4x12 Mesa Recto cab with Vintage 30s, mic'd with an SM-57 on axis and a 421 off axis blended 50/50, they don't have any Mark Series Boogies on the HD [emoji20] ..it's mostly about EQ anyway. So after that we have the post amp section "in the FX loop" which is a light hall reverb and a absolutely dialed in digital stereo delay with a short and long tail option on another toggle. One for fast solos and one for big slow epic Pink Floyd type or something like The Spirit Carries On...which I just recently got a handle on. So much emotion in there. I got 2 412 cabs, a Line 6 Vintage 30 cab, which is another INSANE product they make, and a Peavey MS412 Birch Plywood. I'm about to score a Katana head just for shitz and giggles. I also have a Peavey Ultra 60 head that I bought new in 94 or so. It sounds great when it's cranked, but I use the FX return of that as well for the HD stereo. Sounds absolutely stellar bro. Huge. Perfect. Bliss. I also have a 94 ESP Japanese Custom Shop KH-2, a 1983 Ibanez TS-9 also from Japan, a 1993 Charvel 475 Deluxe in quilted maple sunburst with a bound neck and the Jackson Sharkfin inlays. Also got a 7 String Schecter and a few cheap Strat copies as well as three acoustics, one of which is a classical guitar for the living room grab. I LOVE guitar. Maybe I can record something a little later and share it. Something tasty for sure if I do. So you know that Line 6 is now Yamaha...that's more than most "guitar players" right there. If I had a nickel for every Joe that says they are a player....and they know power chords and cowboy chords. Don't know the notes. Think a m7b5 is a type of gun or new BMW model, etc. I almost wish I went to Berkeley or some other dedicated music school. I started playing piano at 8 or so and then played Alto saxamaphone in middle school. Then music theory 101 and 201 in high school then guitar with 3 years of weekly hourly lessons. I still play a touch of piano, and I can read sheet music, but I am slow like molasses. Slower than that even...lol. Music is a part of myself for sure. I cried when Dime got shot and was actually listening to Cowboys From Hell on top of a train light truss on the main line. Car parked in the weeds with the CD on go. Kinda nuts of all the CDs in the car, that was the one we were listening to. I saw Dream Theater right down the street from where that happened. Took a little road trip. Anyway, that's my guitarded story. How guitarded are you? Go.

(Your play sir)
96e56565ebe7201962886844fa82bca0.jpg

Hey dr im almost 50 now and have owned so many guitars since I was 16. Only set up I have now is a ltd esp destressed strat ( st-203)(maple neck)with some tex mex strat pickups and a peavey classic 30 amp( blue marvel replaced with greenback) and a few peddles. Wish I had a few of my first guitars still ,72 les paul custom. Mid 80s esp lefty turned righty and several Martin and guild acoustics. I still try to play/practice a hour a day but still fall short some days. But I love guitar and writing. Play a lot of blues to classic rock to newgrass etc. Not a shredder hands are big and fat with shorter thumbs unfortunately. Cheers:chef:

That's how I roll when I go camping...lol. Really "roughing it" with some steaks. Looks great bro. Have a great weekend on the ground!!! Hello rock under my tent....

Already had my few days away, should've taken more pics but wasn't up to it while getting sick so toughed it out till we got home.

Cool gear story. Yeah....there is three distinct guitars I wish I still had. I put a stop to that by not selling guitars anymore. One way trip. I had a Japanese Hondo Grand Prix that was butter that's gone and a really nice Cort Strat. I have a huge soft spot for USA and Japanese instruments. One of these days I'm gonna dedicate an entire round from the tent to the gear fund and go buck wild. I want a EBMM which is Ernie Ball Music Man guitar. I want a JP6 Ball Family Reserve. They have the Island Burst two-tone burst to black with a jet black Ebony board, Mahagony body with maple neck, Koa top, best floating trem bridge ever made, piezo pickup with dual signal paths, the magnetic pickups are DiMarzio humbuckers, a Liquifire in the neck and Crunch Lab in the bridge position with the piezo crystals under the bridge saddles. Two ¼" Neutrik jacks, for the seperate paths or better yet, you can use a ¼" TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) cable into the guitar with a Y split going to two ¼" TS ends on the other end. One for the magnetic pickups into a normal signal path and the other into the PA or an acoustic amp or wherever the fuck you want to send a very acoustic sounding signal. The guitar has a 3 way DiMarzio toggle on top on the upper horn for Piezo/Both/Magnets. There is another 3 way in the usual position for pickup selection. It has a coil tap on the middle knob for single coil tones without the 60 cycle hum, it also has Schaller M6-IND locking tuners which are the nicest tuners I've ever seen, a truss wheel mounted at the 25th fret instead of under the nut, stainless steel frets and 3 min string changes. It's not cheap...lol...but MY GOD what an instrument. Sex. I also wanna maybe grab a Mesa Mark Five:35 and a AX8 or Axe FX II in four cable method and a Mesa Traditional Recto 412 straight cab....or two. That is the most amazing rig ever. With the Fractal in 4CM, the sky is the limit. You can use it as a virtual pedalboard...into the Fractal from guitar..out to the guitar input on the Boogie, which puts it out front with a instrument level signal...through the Mesa preamp out the FX loop Send back into the Fractal with a line level signal, out the Fractal as a line level back to the FX Return in the Boogie and finally into the cab. That's 4 cable method, and it's phenomenal with the right gear. One of these days...seriously. I'm gonna just do it and drop the $7500 or so and grab it all.
0bc98f23cc52375d903b81485b509ad5.jpg
58d49a78ce68ddd28d7d4421079826e8.jpg
d6adf713965cf3e5f65c6c0f5a4125c9.jpg
613b341ac39a83e606f9d7dca5a55ff0.jpg

Cool gear story. Yeah....there is three distinct guitars I wish I still had. I put a stop to that by not selling guitars anymore. One way trip. I had a Japanese Hondo Grand Prix that was butter that's gone and a really nice Cort Strat. I have a huge soft spot for USA and Japanese instruments. One of these days I'm gonna dedicate an entire round from the tent to the gear fund and go buck wild. I want a EBMM which is Ernie Ball Music Man guitar. I want a JP6 Ball Family Reserve. They have the Island Burst two-tone burst to black with a jet black Ebony board, Mahagony body with maple neck, Koa top, best floating trem bridge ever made, piezo pickup with dual signal paths, the magnetic pickups are DiMarzio humbuckers, a Liquifire in the neck and Crunch Lab in the bridge position with the piezo crystals under the bridge saddles. Two ¼" Neutrik jacks, for the seperate paths or better yet, you can use a ¼" TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) cable into the guitar with a Y split going to two ¼" TS ends on the other end. One for the magnetic pickups into a normal signal path and the other into the PA or an acoustic amp or wherever the fuck you want to send a very acoustic sounding signal. The guitar has a 3 way DiMarzio toggle on top on the upper horn for Piezo/Both/Magnets. There is another 3 way in the usual position for pickup selection. It has a coil tap on the middle knob for single coil tones without the 60 cycle hum, it also has Schaller M6-IND locking tuners which are the nicest tuners I've ever seen, a truss wheel mounted at the 25th fret instead of under the nut, stainless steel frets and 3 min string changes. It's not cheap...lol...but MY GOD what an instrument. Sex. I also wanna maybe grab a Mesa Mark Five:35 and a AX8 or Axe FX II in four cable method and a Mesa Traditional Recto 412 straight cab....or two. That is the most amazing rig ever. With the Fractal in 4CM, the sky is the limit. You can use it as a virtual pedalboard...into the Fractal from guitar..out to the guitar input on the Boogie, which puts it out front with a instrument level signal...through the Mesa preamp out the FX loop Send back into the Fractal with a line level signal, out the Fractal as a line level back to the FX Return in the Boogie and finally into the cab. That's 4 cable method, and it's phenomenal with the right gear. One of these days...seriously. I'm gonna just do it and drop the $7500 or so and grab it all.
0bc98f23cc52375d903b81485b509ad5.jpg
58d49a78ce68ddd28d7d4421079826e8.jpg
d6adf713965cf3e5f65c6c0f5a4125c9.jpg
613b341ac39a83e606f9d7dca5a55ff0.jpg

That ebmm JP in the picture is amazing grade wood .Beautiful!! Always been a fan of Mesa. I guess one of the first "Boutique" guitar amps

That ebmm JP in the picture is amazing grade wood .Beautiful!! Always been a fan of Mesa. I guess one of the first "Boutique" guitar amps
Literally the original boutique builder. Made in Petaluma, California since the early 70s. Started out as Mesa Engineering. Randall Smith is the founder, he made his name fixing and modifying old Fender amps. His first Mesa amp was the Mark I and he brought it into a music store in Cali. Carlos Santana was there....plugged into it and said "Man, that thing really Boogies"...and Mesa/BOOGIE was born. For those who don't know, think classic Metallica crunch tone. From Master of Puppets to And Justice For All that is a classic crunch tone. Korn, Creed, Evanescence, Metallica, Dream Theater, Alter Bridge, Sum 41, Blink 182 Meshuggah, Limp Bizkit, Godsmack, Disturbed, Nickelback (yikes), Rammstein, Fall Out Boy, Kings X...etc. Those are just Dual Rec bands. Some of the all time best crunch tones ever recorded. Boogie fan for life here. Still don't own any Boogie gear. Sad face here. It's expensive. Dude....if you haven't played a EBMM, they make something for everyone. The Majesty is the nicest guitar I've ever played....hands down. It plays itself, try one. I like the JP6, but the Majesty is the easiest to play, most out of the way guitar ever. It's nuts. They have one at every Guitar Center to try. Retardedly good. Also Suhr guitars. Best guitars EVER. K. Have a good night y'all. Guitarded.

Y'all play Euchre? Clubs.... Alone? That's four points right there. Damn.
65d58dabc685d4b2d9e599cc87d7fde0.jpg

Back