Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
>> Bushmaster :d5:-- sriracha beef jerky,....:bow: how much for an 1/4lb? :crying: ... Shepards pie is Goodness, it's been ages since I've had a proper serving of it,.. post a recipe mate! Small wonder the family locusts descended upon it all and left wreckage behind- :cuss: :haha: -- that's love for ya!:pighug:
Well the sriracha beef jerky didn't get to stay around long as my vulture kids devoured it. There was none left even for me. As for the Shepards Pie it's just something that I've grown up eating and make it the same way I've watched my Dad do over all the years. For all the family I use a large casserole pan or two to three 9"x13" pyrex dishes.
5-8 lbs seasoned ground beef cooked and drained. I save some of the drainings to add later in the mashed potatoes.
ground beef gets layered in the pans, along with sweet peas, whole kernel corn and creamed corn
5 lb mashed potatoes I add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, heavy cream, milk, and 1/4 cup or slightly more of the beef drainings till
I get a nice smooth texture. Then layer that on top with pats of butter and dusting of paprika before going into the oven at 350-400 degrees for 40 mins - 1 hour.

Butter Basted Sea Scallops

Oven Roast Tomato, Baby Red Potato, Wilted Spinach

20170729_205700.jpg

Char Grilled Colorado Lamb

Chanterelles, Red Pepper Puree, Fingerling Potato

20170729_205434.jpg

And a melon salad
20170729_203728.jpg

:drool: *slobber*... gorgeous meal my friend! ... the melon dish looks especially appealing right now,...and perfect for breaking up all that richness in the other dishes,... That's it, I was trying to be good, but I cave! I'm off to get some local specialty ice cream, cantaloupe flavored- :thumbsup: It sounds kinda weird, but it's delicious,.. I can tell there's lots of puree in it from the texture and the spot-on flavor,...

... had a serious hankering for chilidogs the other night... :smoking: ...fries, corn and 'slaw, it like going to the Fair, but better food and none of the hassles!
chilidog 1.jpg

Taking my second run at tacos al pastor. Got a better suited cut of pork from the butcher, and going two smaller piles instead of one big one while cooking this time so easier to manage while cooking and shouldn't fall over in the grill. :smoking:

Into the pellet cooker after a couple days marinating...
IMG_4938.JPG

Hmmm, reverse munchies maybe?

Had my Scots breakfast, then I got a craving for a joint.

I thought it was supposed to be the other way round?

Anyways, the Dinafem white widow xxl and haggis really hit the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back