Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a food so much as a food device that I recently picked up and am starting to love. Microwave bacon cooker ceramic mug. Drape up to about 6 slices over the rim, put a paper towel under and over in the microwave, and cook on high for about one minute per slice or so. Grease pours out the little spout when done to dispose of (or save if you use it for cooking).

Just picked a couple medium sized tomatoes out of the garden, sliced 'em up and whipped up three slices of bacon with the mug to put together a quick couple BLT sandwiches that were just totally yummy.

If you get the munchies a lot and love bacon, this may be hazardous to your cholesterol and sodium levels. :smoking:

IMG_5086.JPG

Just found this delicious thread, and I'm ALL about cooking, so here is what's for dinner:

Cherry Smoked Coffee Chopped Pork
IMG_20170513_025031259.jpg

My Coffee Rub
IMG_20170514_220309670.jpg

After about 8 hours
IMG_20170520_034622899.jpg

Chopped Lovely and barky. I am a professional tree climber and I also cut the Cherry myself from a huge ass choke cherry tree. Still got a bunch, my all time favorite for pork and brisket.

Homemade Fried Chicken Sammie's on Brioche rolls for the family. Applewood bacon, swiss, RAZOR thin tomatoes from the garden, and romaine lettuce. Grilled and oven toasted.
IMG_20160902_011218225.jpg

Alright guys, this is it....This is a freaking masterpiece. This is mid rare Porterhouse Steak Tails off the Weber with a garlic demi-glace, lemon butter beer grilled 16-20 Gulf pink shrimp, a loaded Russet potato done the Alton Brown way, and steamed broccoli with a sharp white cheddar roux. INSANE!!!
IMG_20170506_033738247.jpg

Here is a 8oz Kobe beef burger with straight THICK cut applewood bacon, Danish Blue, and caramalized (1 hr+) Vidalia onion and red pepper on toasted onion rolls. With Arbys curly fries for good luck!! Talk about a grown up big boy burger....Best burger I have ever had, NO CONTEST. I spent like $16 just for the beef....for two burgers.
IMG_20170410_030107065.jpg

We get these beef hunks from BJs and fire em on the grill...SUPER HOT for 15 mins, and finish em in the oven with sliced onions
IMG_20170402_045200390.jpg

Then slice em PAPER THIN with my razor sharp chefs knife and make the absolute most insane tasty melt in your mouth sammich you have ever had. Soft. Creamy. Delicious. Need one....Now
IMG_20170402_050010697.jpg
On Brioche again, with the onions from the drippings. I love a good fucking roll. Step one to making an epic sammich.

This is just some amazing scratch breakfast. Got some farm eggs from my girls aunt in Virginia, and every great cook needs to be able to rock some perfect over easy eggs and homemade home fries and BACON.
IMG_20170222_015826705.jpg
We went berry picking at the Blueberry patch a couple weeks ago and made this 4.5# monster blueberry crunch pie. It was on fire. Another secret....Alton Browns pie crust. Do it once, never look back. Frozen butter in the food processor. Straight $$$ kids.
IMG_20170802_112439895.jpg

And lastly, a "Garbage Plate". Its a western NY thing. They come from a hundred places called Hots restaurants but this one came from me. At home. The sauce on top is called Nick Tahoe's famous meat sauce and there is a recipe online. Just Google Nick Tahoe's Sauce Recipe. Very tasty and just like the real deal.
IMG_20170817_012416067.jpg
And just a homemade Chili burger with bacon and
IMG_20170812_070106468.jpg
grilled jalapeños the other night with some crispy Ore-Ida onion tots

Hope y'all enjoyed the show, I'm freaking hungry now dagnabbit. I also made some brownies with Sour Stomper a month ago....But no pictures. They were way too strong...Lol. Film could not contain the awesomeness. Cheers fam.

Correction: On the last pic, that is not a grilled jalapeño burger, thats a hot crispy meatloaf sengwhich, with bacon and some sauteed onions and swiss/pepper jack on Vienna rolls from Wegmans. The secret to the best meatlog is celery, and Worcestershire sauce. I do a mirapoix of aromatics for my meatloaf. Carrots, onions, and celery. Celery salt, dried celery flakes and celery seed. That, with Worcestershire, and some quality mustard powder and panko breadcrumbs is the key. Also, make a test patty and fry it. Taste everything. Twice. Slap that bitch sliced thick on a awesome restaurant style roll with some thick high quality bacon, nice onions and some solid real cheese with Hellman's mayo....Its one of our all time favorite Sammie's. A real treat, served hot and crispy out of the oven for 10min @350°. Ooh...And a paper thin tomato slice done with a razor sharp filet knife. Or not.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Keeping it simple tonight...couple of salmon patties, few fresh tomato slices, and what started out as cilantro lime rice but since I'm out of cilantro just became rice with a little too much lime juice in it. :smoking:

Don't do fish that often since my housemate doesn't like it. Need to get trail or one of the Alaska AFN crew to hook me up with some good fresh king salmon instead of the canned stuff next time. Since it's a rare thing for me...would be nice to do it up better than the canned stuff (though the canned stuff can be tasty when it's all you've got). :baked:

IMG_5116.JPG

I'm digging this thread. I haven't done dinner yet, so maybe I'll pop back a bit later with all that. On a different note, me and the wifey went to Domino's on Sunday night. Damn. They have been all advertising how they are trying to get a fresh start, including new pizza recipes, better ingredients and a new look at every place. Perfect time to hit the new place down the road that just opened a couple months back. We always liked pan type pizza from corporate pizza places, like The Slut (Which is Pizza Hut...I worked there as a kid with a total stoner crew. Every one of us. Used to do 8 people sessions in the back, and we even had a community bong!!). Anyway our twin medium pepperoni pans from Dom's were just the ticket and for only $13 out the door. Give em another shot if its been awhile, you might just be surprised. Lastly, Marie's chunky bleu cheese in the refrigerated glass jar is spot on for what they charge a dollar or more for in those teeny cups.

Yeah this thread has inspired me to wool up something badass. I've been budgeting but I try to eat as good as I can when I can[emoji111]️ I was very fortunate to be raised by a wealthy family and up until a year ago I was having Creme de le Creme gourmet food. All local cuts of meat, fresh local produce, nothing artificial. Haha... Yeah kiss that goodbye when you're on your own lol... Lucky to do that on the weekends only now.

However... I am going to pick up some filet mignon and lobster tails for some surf n turf. Get some steamers, shrimp and make some home style cottage fries. That's going to be on the menu for next weekend.
You better get some good pics of that arthropod crustacean, bivalve mollusc and bovine fillet milkshake.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm fasting today, and I come across this thread....................you swines...........all of you.........whimper......eP.

That's what I'm fucking talking about. I love seeing this. This is my motivation right here. Upgrade my tuna to lobster . I'm Grateful to have grown up with home cooked meals like that on the regular . However Being on my own I don't have that but I will soon. Growing my herb now allows me to put my money towards fine foods .

Absolutely love scallops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back