Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc you hittin the stuff? I think we talked about this before? Those are place mats. The pictures of the food are real pictures of food served in a cafe in Alaska somewhere? A friend of my wife's parents took the photos. The friend is an artist. She does some amazing work - Not these place mats. They are just something she threw together. I like them for the size as I am pretty messy at the table. Her real Art may be too identifiable.

placemat.jpg

Wish I'd taken a picture of it last night, but made a recipe off of the Jimmy Dean web site that turned out amazing! Sausage, gnocchi, kale, and pesto bake. Made some baked parmesan tomato slices on the side and fresh rolls. So yummy!!!!

Parmesan Tomatoes:

4 Tbs mayo
4 Tbs parmesan
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 Tbs spicy brown mustard
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all that together in a small bowl. Slice up three or four tomatoes and lay the slices out on a baking sheet (I like to line with parchment for no stick and easy clean). Put a tsp or so sized dollop of the sauce on each slice. Sprinkle a pinch of mozzarella and dash of fresh parsley on top. Bake at 400F for about 15-20 minutes.
:chef:

Steak Fajita Night

So we made some insanity on the grill this evening. Angus skirt steaks, bell peppers, sweet onions, a ton of seasoning, Goya rice, and some frozen corn. My goodness.

The Grill:
fbc55d309acfe3ef31c78ab086d94216.jpg

a11f66a40d805f4591ca0c928ed1de94.jpg

The cilantro, garlic, lime butter on the old school double boiler (SO gentle)
27a7ada3397fd6af7305b054aea01c7a.jpg

The skirt steaks after resting for 10m
dff41f5c7a1b5814dbc791a0a13519ce.jpg

The merciless peppers of Quitso Sacka Tanango grown deep in the jungle prime evil by the inmates of a Guatemalan Insane asylum...or just bell peppers, it's good with either
36b347fac6cc02df82faf577b2907233.jpg

FAJITA BAR!!!
24 hour marinated skirt steaks (see above post) with the cilantro lime butter glaze and finish, peppers n onions, sharp white cheddar, sour cream, fresh cilantro, big and small flour tortillas
7d5bdd8e8eecf2c775b6c5fe746f6ca0.jpg

080f9797908ba5e25406ded9e0c5ef20.jpg

Just some real good Goya rice with Sazón, made in the trusty Copper Chef...which makes for an excellent rice pan btw(Heavy bottom, even heat, no stick, and nice tight lid)
639184184097cc45118e880e886a2bcc.jpg

Yum yum in my tum. Tummy Tumbler is a Tubby Dunker. Fajitas go down my hole. Just a spectacular way to blow $40 if anyone gets warm from this. Go HEAVY on the seasoning for the steaks and cilantro lime butter. Chilli powder, cumin, garlic powder, lime zest + juice and cilantro. That's the key fajita flavors. Cook to med rare, let rest while you slice veggies, then slice meat across the grain and serve as a party. Deliciousness and fun.
619a41b910bb963f2fe98da27f1a676a.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Key lime and taco seasoned grilled chicken
Some white rice
Chili garlic lime roasted asparagus
Mexican street corn (skillet style...on the cob out of season)

squeeze a little lime juice from the key limes on the skewer onto the rice as your pulling off the chicken and it really finishes it off nice!

IMG_8334.JPG
IMG_8335.JPG

I invented a BOMB side dish last night to have with my last steak fajita [emoji26] It was late so I went diggins in the kitchen. Here it goes:

1 can of black beans rinse/drain
½ bag of frozen sweet corn
¼ red bell pepper diced
2 Tbs butter
2 packets Sazón Annatto/Coriander
1½ tsp lime juice
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp course ground pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

Pick a medium size pan with a heavy bottom and tight lid. Stick it all in covered and simmer for 20m. WOW. You could sell this shit.

On a side note I rewired the house to get a clean 40amps via a pair of outlets on 14/2 Romex bury cable to the grow area and also finished my basement intake project to get some clean consistent 65° 50% basement air that should be fairly consistent all year long. Controlled by an Inkbird temp/humidity controller.

Speaking of dope...this is a growing forum after all, dedicated to the auto-flowering variety of cannabis. What y'all got going on in the closet? I only see some of you guys over here. That's it. Cheerio.
bd8368af05b9a2df007c5c46daeeef4a.jpg
4cc667ca1e18815264c23bbf3a133e69.jpg

Key lime and taco seasoned grilled chicken
Some white rice
Chili garlic lime roasted asparagus
Mexican street corn (skillet style...on the cob out of season)

squeeze a little lime juice from the key limes on the skewer onto the rice as your pulling off the chicken and it really finishes it off nice!

View attachment 999282 View attachment 999283
Oh hell yeah brother...I would pound some limey chicken goodness on sticks. Something about skewers and kabobs is magic. I swear there is some pixie dust in the pokers.

On a less foody and more electricity twist, that my dear friends is 60 amps of clean power right at the dope spot. Extension cord days are OVER!!!!!

I did another screenshot of Tapatalk after uploading the steak fajitas pics. I want to make more from just looking at it. Next time I'm gonna try it with a nice flank steak instead of skirt steaks. Gotta use a razor blade filet knife and slice it paper thin so it melts instead of being chewy.
ef6df77a78efd4ef9a2b9076bf5b19ff.jpg
ce35e339d3e64430246fe971ebfce738.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff. I love meat on a stick!

Costco had a boneless leg of lamb on sale the other day so I picked one up. For me, it is really important to pick one with bright white fat and little of it. I cubed it up into 1.5" pieces. Seasoned it with red wine, olive oil, garlic, red onion,salt, pepper. parsley and rosemary. I skewered it with 8 pieces per skewer. I cut them in half, snipped off the sharp points put them in zip-lock bags with the marinade and vacuum sealed them. Tossed 7 of these packaged meals in to the freezer. I put 3 or 4 packages in each vacuum sealed bag. Then when I use one like today; I just take one out and reseal the vacuum bag. They are self marinating while they thaw out in the frig overnight

Shish Kebabs, Rice Pilaf and a green salad.
Lamb1.jpg
lamb2.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff. I love meat on a stick!

Costco had a boneless leg of lamb on sale the other day so I picked one up. For me, it is really important to pick one with bright white fat and little of it. I cubed it up into 1.5" pieces. Seasoned it with red wine, olive oil, garlic, red onion,salt, pepper. parsley and rosemary. I skewered it with 8 pieces per skewer. I cut them in half, snipped off the sharp points put them in zip-lock bags with the marinade and vacuum sealed them. Tossed 7 of these packaged meals in to the freezer. I put 3 or 4 packages in each vacuum sealed bag. Then when I use one like today; I just take one out and reseal the vacuum bag. They are self marinating while they thaw out in the frig overnight

Shish Kebabs, Rice Pilaf and a green salad.
View attachment 1000301 View attachment 1000302
...Shish Kebabs, Rice Pilaf and a green salad...

...AND

...Veggie People!!!!

Those plates are part of the meal too dude. I do that sometimes too with the freezer marinade. It's a winner. Even some chicken in Italian Dressing for the grill works, but that looks phenom. I have a huge soft spot for rosemary. Huge. It's probably my favorite herb besides GWK. When should I expect my people plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back