Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Enough for us Both[emoji3577]
The first chilli I ever fell in love with was my neighbors dad's venison chilli. He shot a button buck on opening day and made some chilli with the ground. It also had some bacon fat in it. It was actually more like a soup, and it was completely addicting. He has a sick hunting cabin on 20 acres down in the Southern Tier of NY and me, my dad and him went bow hunting one weekend. Total boys trip...we hunted with bows out of tree stands, we shot 7.62mm rifles at the beaver pond into 3/4" plate steel from 300yds, we played cards, and we ate chilli. A LOT of chilli. We finished the whole batch. We were keeping count, I believe I had 14 bowls, I kept going back like every 4 hours. It was so light, but so damn delicious. I was about 18 then. Too bad that fucktard son of his....who was my bestest friend for 16 years...decided to start stealing my mom's jewelry, and a bunch of other stuff, like my badass Gerber auto knife, my Rawlings Mickey Mantle signed baseball and signed card plaque, probably worth a grand now, my 6 channel Futaba R/C airplane and heli radio and 8 servos....and about $10k in badass jewelry from mamadukes. She was a world traveler back then and usually picked up a nice thousand dollar piece each time. A lot from the Carribean, where you get killer deals like St Maarten, which she has been to about a dozen times. I went once!!!!So...my dad was into security his whole career and we set up a 4 camera split screen time stamped video surveillance system to nab this fool ... WE GOT HIM RED HANDED!!! His parents paid my parents a ton of money, and they kept it out of court...then they moved. They were that embarrassed they fucking moved. And obviously that was the last time I had venison chilli....LOL. Crazy.

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

The first chilli I ever fell in love with was my neighbors dad's venison chilli. He shot a button buck on opening day and made some chilli with the ground. It also had some bacon fat in it. It was actually more like a soup, and it was completely addicting. He has a sick hunting cabin on 20 acres down in the Southern Tier of NY and me, my dad and him went bow hunting one weekend. Total boys trip...we hunted with bows out of tree stands, we shot 7.62mm rifles at the beaver pond into 3/4" plate steel from 300yds, we played cards, and we ate chilli. A LOT of chilli. We finished the whole batch. We were keeping count, I believe I had 14 bowls, I kept going back like every 4 hours. It was so light, but so damn delicious. I was about 18 then. Too bad that fucktard son of his....who was my bestest friend for 16 years...decided to start stealing my mom's jewelry, and a bunch of other stuff, like my badass Gerber auto knife, my Rawlings Mickey Mantle signed baseball and signed card plaque, probably worth a grand now, my 6 channel Futaba R/C airplane and heli radio and 8 servos....and about $10k in badass jewelry from mamadukes. She was a world traveler back then and usually picked up a nice thousand dollar piece each time. A lot from the Carribean, where you get killer deals like St Maarten, which she has been to about a dozen times. I went once!!!!So...my dad was into security his whole career and we set up a 4 camera split screen time stamped video surveillance system to nab this fool ... WE GOT HIM RED HANDED!!! His parents paid my parents a ton of money, and they kept it out of court...then they moved. They were that embarrassed they fucking moved. And obviously that was the last time I had venison chilli....LOL. Crazy.

I love Deer Chillie my story with it is similar to yours but we come home from a Hunt when I was teenager not sure my age and my mom slow cooked it while we was chopping wood for the weekend was a big snow storm coming and I remember I set late that night eating bowl after Bowl and watching Marty python on a small TV in the living room hahahaha then over the years I would watch my mom make it and I slowly learned for myself and have to say I can make a very nice pot of Chillie!!

How is everyone's holiday coming together??

I have been cooking my ass off, and it's still going. If all goes to plan I should have my first taste of turkey this evening. And.... COOKIES!!!

How is everyone's holiday coming together??

I have been cooking my ass off, and it's still going. If all goes to plan I should have my first taste of turkey this evening. And.... COOKIES!!!

Mine's starting to come together. Decided to dump the crown roast idea the other day when I spotted some really nice looking, herbed/seasoned and ready to go prime rib roasts and decided to pick one of those up instead. Found a recipe for a spiced rum eggnog bundt cake I'm thinking of whipping up for dessert. Probably make a batch of spoon roll dough for dinner tonight so I've got some extra ready to go for rolls Tuesday. So now just have to start deciding on some sides to go with the roast. :smoking:

P.S....If anyone likes good homemade rolls that the dough can be made days in advance for...I've been loving this recipe....

Refrigerator Spoon Rolls

1 pkg. dry yeast
2 cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 tsp. salt
4 cups self-rising flour
3 Tbsp. bran (optional)

Dissolve yeast in water. Add all other ingredients and beat until well mixed. Place in airtight container and store in refrigerator. As needed, spoon into greased muffin tin and bake at 400F for 20 minutes. The dough can be kept a week and remember - no rising time required.

:chef:

Mine's starting to come together. Decided to dump the crown roast idea the other day when I spotted some really nice looking, herbed/seasoned and ready to go prime rib roasts and decided to pick one of those up instead. Found a recipe for a spiced rum eggnog bundt cake I'm thinking of whipping up for dessert. Probably make a batch of spoon roll dough for dinner tonight so I've got some extra ready to go for rolls Tuesday. So now just have to start deciding on some sides to go with the roast. :smoking:

P.S....If anyone likes good homemade rolls that the dough can be made days in advance for...I've been loving this recipe....

:chef:
I hope that someone gets some use out of these recipes. I have posted about 5 that are all tested and killer. What is spoon bread my good sir?

I hope that someone gets some use out of these recipes. I have posted about 5 that are all tested and killer. What is spoon bread my good sir?

Think they're just called spoon rolls because you dab out spoonful's of the dough into the muffin tin to bake 'em.

2018 Holiday Cooking

It's been quite hectic at the Bubblestead. Had the family over for the weekend which involves eating. Did some beef tacos with fire roasted tomato and black beans on Friday night, and my honey brined turkey along with a cranberry and orange chutney glazed ham on Saturday. Also made oatmeal cherry cranberry walnut cookies, chocolate chip and some coconut macaroons. I might do some Gizzis later tonight if I'm feeling up to it.

On a side note, Christmas came early this year and I scored two things on my wish list; a 5qt enamel cast iron Dutch Oven and an induction burner!! This is gonna be my new go to crafting station for deep frying, candy making, green butter and isopropyl hash, along with whatever else seems to be appropriate. I can't wait.

For WHATEVER REASON, I did a piss poor job getting photos of everything. There is a few, but I was slacking hard.

Let's go in chronological order. I started with cookies. Made all the dough for the three and put it out on the porch till Friday, which is a great way to have fresh cookies on demand without the headache of making em right then and there. Are you guys using silicone mats or parchment paper like good little elves?

This is what I started with:

16e96d5d311735f94cf03f2350f558cf.jpg

cb0c578d3b5e750647b1512345eb37eb.jpg

a2580dd9cde8dd071859cb2bda1819d6.jpg

Friday night was the fire roasted tomato and black bean tacos. Complete with fresh shredded lettuce, Roma tomatoes, sour cream and shredded sharp yellow cheddar.
21c918f1b69af717de639932954e0bd0.jpg

443f98db7d377e4febd56565c8b423c2.jpg

I finished the last of the cookies last night while I was doing early Christmas and dinner all at the same time. Here is a little basket of dumplins.
2b3a12fabdcbf1e8c8efa8c155d15646.jpg

This guy didn't even flinch. Like Christmas just happens. YA GOTTA MAKE IT HAPPEN DOOOOD.
20438f3d46c0b17840e45e17ec296249.jpg

I didn't get any cooking shots of the Saturday Christmas feast except for this one quick plate shot. Clean plates around the table....always a good sign. The honey brined turkey was fucking phenomenal. I just used olive oil, salt and pepper. Did it in a small Pyrex pan, 450° for 18m then 350° for 1½ hours, with the last hour being wrapped up. I made super denk juicy turkey with a crispy skin that was to die for. HIGHLY recommended....not the cheapest way to eat turkey, but there was zero weirdos anywhere, and the whole carcass has been picked clean by the vultures....the ham is gone too. I did this one with a cranberry and orange chutney with some Chinese 5 spice, brown sugar, and a little cider vinegar. The glaze ingredients don't seem to be so critical as long as the viscosity, sugar, and acid are right. The 5 spice has star anise, cinnamon and cloves, so it screams "Put me on some ham." I listened and the 5 spice was right.
51210d65b099e271384b69297e334443.jpg

Here is my new toys!!!!
a83b6f0a3fcf191424d7690785a982ca.jpg

2e7db3370114f90c3b9039cfe1270738.jpg

I've always heard that animals are like their owners. Well Mr. Felix here is living up to that stereotype. He only eats super high end cat food. I figure if we're gonna eat good, he can too. He turns his nose up at anything less than the best. He also is the only cat I've ever seen that doesn't have a water bowl. His water intake comes strictly from following us into the bathroom where he only drinks running water. I like my water ice cold and still flowing said that cat.
cca8d47a24c9d2efaa1d3d335681b2e0.jpg

Tried some BBcode at the top, let's see if it works. Happy Festivus y'all.

And HERE is a cookie recipe you can win contests with. Give this a shot if ya dare, they are the definition of perfection.

- 3/4C White Sugar
- 3/4C Packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4C+ Butter (1.5 Sticks + 1T )
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2T Milk
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Salt
- 1¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1¼ tsp Vanilla
- 1C A.P. Flour
- 3C Quick Oats
- 1C Walnuts
- 1C Dried Tart Cherries
- 1/2C Craisons or Chocolate Chips

-Cream sugars and butter
-Beat eggs and stir in
-Add remaining dry and wet down to vanilla and stir
-Add flour and stir until mixed
-Add oats one cup at a time and fold them in
-Fold in nuts and cherries

-320°F ON PARCHMENT for about 13-16m depending on size.

BOMB!!!!!

Some quick cookie tips you can take to the bank:

- Use real butter at room temp
- Use parchment or silicone mats
- Always cream the butter/sugar first
- Don't use warm baking pans
- DO NOT over mix flour. Ever.
- Be precise with measurements
- Sift flour till overflow then scrape flat
- Measure everything else packed
- 325° is usually better than 350°