Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner appetizers
131a21621a36975c598f1e3fd75e93b8.jpg
74494b3cb758e1db042e11278d4e6378.jpg
46f1d34837d1828c13e1a3946dee32e9.jpg
Man, I'm so jelly old timer, still haven't done the boat trip. Are you guys sailing out of Space Ships or Don Jonhnson? In & Out burger on the road this afternoon and a nice sit down at [emoji892] for dinner? Sounds like a fun first day dude. May you and your family have a safe and unforgettable trip. Let's see some Food & Wine Magazine cover shots!!

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

OMG I loved In-n-out burgers 3x3 animal style. I have not eaten one since 2012. If I was not sure that I would be laying on the floor in the fetal position 3 hours later I would do it...............................

Ok so I can eat lamb once or twice a month without an immune response and this is what we had for diner tonight.

lamb1.jpg
lamb2.jpg

OMG I loved In-n-out burgers 3x3 animal style. I have not eaten one since 2012. If I was not sure that I would be laying on the floor in the fetal position 3 hours later I would do it...............................

Ok so I can eat lamb once or twice a month without an immune response and this is what we had for diner tonight.

View attachment 987679 View attachment 987680
That looks beautiful. I have NEVER had lamb chops or rack.

STORY TIME:
I have had lamb about 10 times, and I've been on the fence about it. I accidentally grabbed Halal Lamb instead of Halal Beef one day to make our signature steak bombers, HATED it. Those authentic off the boat Gyros in Old Town on 192 by Celebration in Kissimmee were phenomenal Lamb of God level "Off the skewer" from Stavros Papadapoulis. My daughter loves lamb so I always steal a bite from her here and there when we go out and she gets something crazy. Fences come to mind...again. And about 5 years ago my mother made this authentic Greek Mediterranean stew for Christmas. She spent almost $100 just on the lamb. That had some fierce seasoning with capers and Kalamata olives. The lamb looked great, but I just can't get into olives, and the briney quality was just soaked through everything. Even my daughter wasn't in love....and she loves lamb and is an official member of the olive fingers club, so I didn't feel too bad. Nurse B was on the same level, she picked out some quick lamb bites, but wasn't in love, and she also isn't an olive head. I try to give everything food wise a fair chance at different stages in my life, as your taste buds are not set in stone. I have only liked olives one time and that was 30 years ago, and these were quite different from floaties in a jar of salt. My mother's BFF is a hardcore 5 foot nothing Italian woman who makes these 4 course authentic Italian meals still to this day whenever she gets the chance to impress. Phenomenal cook. She made these olive hors d'oeuvre bites for a party. Green olives hollowed out and stuffed with cheese. A bacon snake wrapped around the outside and held in place with a toothpick, dipped in light bread crumbs and deep fried for a couple minutes. I really enjoyed those, and I would love to try one again now, 30 years later. My rambling self has gone off the rails and this was spostabee about barnyard critters. Well, back to the bah bah, yours looks divine, and if I was gonna love some lamb like I really WANNA, I think some Frenched chops like that off the charcoal grill is THE WAY to win my heart. Something about meat lollipops off the live fire makes me wanna dance. On top of that, my good friend Dabello'd went to a 2 year culinary program in New Hamster and said those little Frenched chops were his favorite thing to eat there. So much so that the professors/chefs in charge had to yell at him to go easy on the French Chops because you can eat $30 in one sitting as an appetizer. At least if I never get to have lamb of god again, I can always rock out to Lamb of God and eat steak. Those guys write some real REAL good guitar riffs and have an awesome groove if ya never heard em. Cheers.

Snacking on some pomegranate arils. Dunno if it's being close to southern California, or the long growing season around here or what, but the fruits and most of the produce seems a notch better than back in Colorado. Fruits in particular. Didn't know there were so many varieties of pear. Did try prickly pear cactus fruit for the first time shortly after moving. Taste was OK, but didn't care for the super seedy texture.

(first one not my pic...just random pic from the 'Net of which cactus fruit I'm talking about :smoking:)
326.jpg

(this one mine...mmmmmm...pomegranate)
IMG_8236.JPG

@Dr.Bubbles The important note here is spring lamb not mutton. Mutton makes me gag and does not get swallowed no matter how it is prepared. Even lamb must be selected for bright white firm fat and not too much of it. I buy the frenched lamb rack at Costco raised in Australia. Three out of four do not pass the white fat criteria, so be choosy. USA lamb can be a bit too strong but not always. Last night's was some of the best we have had in a long time. I marinated in Gallo Pinot Noir 2012, a couple of cloves of garlic, a small handful of fresh mint, a small handful of fresh parsley, a small handful of fresh rosemary needles, Premium Olive oil, salt and pepper. Throw it in a blender and give it a spin to chop and blend. Marinate for up to 3 hours. Cook on a hot fire to med rare. You really should try this as I know you are a foody.

That Oreo cheesecake was so fantastic I wrote down the recipe. My buddy's mom wanted it, so I made it in writing. And why not share it with y'all, it's the Christmas and Festivus season after all!!

- 1 family pack Oreos divided
- 3T Butter
- 5 packages Cream Cheese SUPER softened. (I like Aldi or Philly)
- 1¾c Sugar
- Splash of real vanilla extract
- ¼c Heavy cream or Half/Half
- 8 eggs: 5 yolks and 3 whole
- 2T flour
- Salt...maybe ½t or so

Remove cream from Oreos and set aside. Put cookie pieces in a bowl. Food processer enough to make 2 cups fine crumbs. Add the butter to the crumbs and mix well. Form a nice crust on the bottom of a 10" Springform pan. Take remaining crumbs and add A LITTLE water, just enough to make the vertical sides. Pop the naked completed crust into the oven for 13m or so at 400°. While that's in the oven, take soft cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and beat on medium for about 2m till super smooth. Add the cream, eggs, flour and salt. Beat on low speed for about 30s until well blended. Put remaining Oreos in food processor and lightly pulse a few times to keep course random crumbs. Fold those into the mix carefully so they don't break. Take the springform pan with crust out and fill it with the mix. Turn oven up to 450° and add a big baking dish with HOT water on the bottom rack. When the oven is ready place cake on middle rack and bake for 15m. Without opening, turn oven down to 215° and bake for about 2h - 2h20m or so until the middle is set and it's got a solid feel. Take out and place on cooling rack for an hour, then into fridge overnight or freezer for 2-3h. I've even froze em solid overnight in the freezer and let em thaw on the counter for a couple hours. No difference. You just want it set hard. Make it a day ahead for best results. It is AMAZING. You could even add some of the cream from the Oreos in at the end if you wanted to. This was my first time making this, but I am a cheesecake veteran. The low and slow with water bath is the secret of the pros. Keeps the cracks away. If you like cheesecake, you will absolutely love this. It's a legit recipe for a 5 star restaurant.
48981d44319380026fac276ea9254c8d.jpg
ed2b58bae815f0c428fb77c0dc8ffbf8.jpg

Quick dessert sampler
e92326c2cc530420b3c016db0cb4fddc.jpg

....here it comes

Don't worry his camera memory isn't big enough for all the food they have on those ships :rofl: I don't remember exactly what they call it but they have an overeating syndrome named for what happens to people on cruise ships:yoinks:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back