Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wagu is faked a lot! That is too cheap for the real deal.

Go out and look at Lobel's of New York. Before I was diagnosed with the bovine allergy I got a 27 day dry aged 7 bone prime rib roast from them. It was by far the best piece of beef I have ever eaten. I cooked it in my brick oven side by side with a prime rib from Costco. The Costco beef was horrible in comparison and it used to be my go to cut of meat.
Sorry....just looked it up. It's $304, not $200. It is 3.4lbs average. It's about a day and a half in shipping and it's authentic A5 graded Wagyu. I'm aware of all the Wagyu and Kobe shadyness, even with world class restaurants, let alone some lone butchering. For those that are unaware, ALL authentic Wagyu and Kobe is strictly from Japan, same way all real Champagne is exclusive to the Champagne region of France. Japan's Wagyu grading scale far surpasses ours. The best USDA Prime steaks are only about a 7 on the scale out of a possible 12. So they would be like A3 grade in Japan. The A5 badge is earned as much by the bloodline and age of the cow as it is the overall marbling. Everything has to be right to get the elusive A5 badge. I'm 99% sure this is legit, as it is authentically graded and certified, meaning the complete lineage is on paper and easily traceable. Japan is a very disciplined first world country where honor and tradition means everything. I think they would have been shut down if it wasn't legit. I know for a fact that Snake River Farms out of Idaho legitimately bought some top breed Wagyu cattle and is making an 'American Wagyu.'. The name itself is a bit of a misnomer because true Wagyu can ONLY exist from Japan...pretty sure the cattle is unaware it's eating grass from the Midwest USA and not from Kobe Prefecture, but the dummies in charge also decided to name the cattle breed Wagyu. From what I've heard, SRF is a great spot to blow your mind (and break your wallet) on some top of the line insanity, including 'American Wagyu' as well as artisan bacon, ribs and some Kurabota hams among other things. Personally, my heart is saying the Japanese A5 Ribcap is what I want. According to the well trusted website seriouseats.com, the Ribcap is "The tastiest cut on the cow." I've never had that cut specifically...but I figure the tastiest cut of beef coming directly from the best cow ever should be a life changing experience.

Here is some shots of it. The Ribcap is a semi rare cut as it takes the best part out of the whole rib, leaving the soon to be sliced Ribeye steaks falling a little flat and leaving something (the best part) to be desired. Here is how they get the Ribcap cut from the whole rib:

14ae4736ea3403782f0c270da325664c.jpg

LOOK AT THAT DECKLE!!!!
2e2622486f9bacba2cbde790eb9630f6.jpg

7b162a6208d08d8474443f6656aca92b.jpg

00d7dc30a184d956772a9bf348c8e0b4.jpg

Here is Snake River Farms 'American Wagyu Gold Grade'. First is a hunk of gorgeous tenderloin...
c258811284c553351713653d91e85926.jpg

And a whole 'Gold Prime Rib'...
c01d5a9ea91e0c27a187ffd505827f3f.jpg

And the infamous Tomahawk Ribeye!!
ac1b14901fd6d987714085f307768dd6.jpg

SRF has a little 4 pack of thick cut 4oz filets for $55...hmm. I actually only paid a grand total of $21 for the beef yesterday afternoon. It was REALLY good, but on a "professional beef" world class scale it's a 1.5 out of 10. Best steak I've had so far was from a super high end butcher in the city of Roc. It was their top of the line non USDA graded, in house raised and butchered 28 day dry aged boneless ribeye. Expertly butchered and about $40 a pound. I kept it simple and cooked it very nicely and actually used a thermometer. An easy 10/10 all day unless something like this is setting the bar. That was my first taste of how amazing beef could get. Both the intense flavor from the aging as well as the breed, along with the butteryness that is next level bovinity. It's a WHOLE different world when ya get away from the hypermart and into the artisan and boutique shops. Bring your big wallet though...lol, and do some research, because there is A TON of shady vendors both locally and online that will lie, cheat, and steal to get that bread out of your fat wallet. Amazing beef, like fishscale cocaine, is totally worth the ticket price if it's the real deal. Just kidding about the blow, I don't even know what that is. Don't do drugs...lol.
Beef. It's what's for dinner.

Here's the Japanese A5 Ribcap link
https://www.wagyushop.com/japanese-wagyu/a5-japanese-wagyu-beef-whole-rib-cap

Snake River Farms
https://www.snakeriverfarms.com/

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Sorry....just looked it up. It's $304, not $200. It is 3.4lbs average. It's about a day and a half in shipping and it's authentic A5 graded Wagyu. I'm aware of all the Wagyu and Kobe shadyness, even with world class restaurants, let alone some lone butchering. For those that are unaware, ALL authentic Wagyu and Kobe is strictly from Japan, same way all real Champagne is exclusive to the Champagne region of France. Japan's Wagyu grading scale far surpasses ours. The best USDA Prime steaks are only about a 7 on the scale out of a possible 12. So they would be like A3 grade in Japan. The A5 badge is earned as much by the bloodline and age of the cow as it is the overall marbling. Everything has to be right to get the elusive A5 badge. I'm 99% sure this is legit, as it is authentically graded and certified, meaning the complete lineage is on paper and easily traceable. Japan is a very disciplined first world country where honor and tradition means everything. I think they would have been shut down if it wasn't legit. I know for a fact that Snake River Farms out of Idaho legitimately bought some top breed Wagyu cattle and is making an 'American Wagyu.'. The name itself is a bit of a misnomer because true Wagyu can ONLY exist from Japan...pretty sure the cattle is unaware it's eating grass from the Midwest USA and not from Kobe Prefecture, but the dummies in charge also decided to name the cattle breed Wagyu. From what I've heard, SRF is a great spot to blow your mind (and break your wallet) on some top of the line insanity, including 'American Wagyu' as well as artisan bacon, ribs and some Kurabota hams among other things. Personally, my heart is saying the Japanese A5 Ribcap is what I want. According to the well trusted website seriouseats.com, the Ribcap is "The tastiest cut on the cow." I've never had that cut specifically...but I figure the tastiest cut of beef coming directly from the best cow ever should be a life changing experience.

Here is some shots of it. The Ribcap is a semi rare cut as it takes the best part out of the whole rib, leaving the soon to be sliced Ribeye steaks falling a little flat and leaving something (the best part) to be desired. Here is how they get the Ribcap cut from the whole rib:

14ae4736ea3403782f0c270da325664c.jpg

LOOK AT THAT DECKLE!!!!
2e2622486f9bacba2cbde790eb9630f6.jpg

7b162a6208d08d8474443f6656aca92b.jpg

00d7dc30a184d956772a9bf348c8e0b4.jpg

Here is Snake River Farms 'American Wagyu Gold Grade'. First is a hunk of gorgeous tenderloin...
c258811284c553351713653d91e85926.jpg

And a whole 'Gold Prime Rib'...
c01d5a9ea91e0c27a187ffd505827f3f.jpg

And the infamous Tomahawk Ribeye!!
ac1b14901fd6d987714085f307768dd6.jpg

SRF has a little 4 pack of thick cut 4oz filets for $55...hmm. I actually only paid a grand total of $21 for the beef yesterday afternoon. It was REALLY good, but on a "professional beef" world class scale it's a 1.5 out of 10. Best steak I've had so far was from a super high end butcher in the city of Roc. It was their top of the line non USDA graded, in house raised and butchered 28 day dry aged boneless ribeye. Expertly butchered and about $40 a pound. I kept it simple and cooked it very nicely and actually used a thermometer. An easy 10/10 all day unless something like this is setting the bar. That was my first taste of how amazing beef could get. Both the intense flavor from the aging as well as the breed, along with the butteryness that is next level bovinity. It's a WHOLE different world when ya get away from the hypermart and into the artisan and boutique shops. Bring your big wallet though...lol, and do some research, because there is A TON of shady vendors both locally and online that will lie, cheat, and steal to get that bread out of your fat wallet. Amazing beef, like fishscale cocaine, is totally worth the ticket price if it's the real deal. Just kidding about the blow, I don't even know what that is. Don't do drugs...lol.
Beef. It's what's for dinner.

Here's the Japanese A5 Ribcap link
https://www.wagyushop.com/japanese-wagyu/a5-japanese-wagyu-beef-whole-rib-cap

Snake River Farms
https://www.snakeriverfarms.com/

The website look legit but then so do the counterfeiters. I can vouch for Lobel's as I have eaten meat from there.

This is what I bought from them https://www.lobels.com/usda-prime-dry-aged-bone-in-rib-roasts/p/UPBIRR

Dont tell me all you can eat oysters! I could do some serious damage :d5:
I've had a couple unique experiences with all you can eat clams and oysters. When I was 21 my Daddyo took me to this crazy event called The Police Chief's Ox Roast. An annual day festival with mad cops getting hammered and fat. It was $25 for the day, but once you're through the gate it's on. My dad would take the day off work and didn't miss one for 15 years. Genesee Beer is from Rochester and they would donate the beer. They would slaughter some cattle and make these hot au jus roast beef sandwiches with fresh horseradish, Kummelweck (salty and dilly/rye) rolls. Called it a hot Beef on Weck. And they were amazing, I ate 3. Genesee Beer would supply a refrigerated semi trailer with about ten taps sticking out the side!!! They also had clams and oysters with all the fixins. One problem....they were all raw, at least for me. They had fresh lemon slices, hot sauce, Tabasco, and cocktail sauce but I couldn't get into the raw no matter how I tried em. There was like 5 guys working, just shucking and hucking these things like mad...got a chain mail glove on one hand, an oyster knife in the other with a cigarette hanging out their mouth. It was quite cliche....and then you got about 12 cops all standing next to the tray and just SUCKING these things down two at a time. I will never forget the sound. Beer in one hand a couple oysters/littlenecks in the other and just slurping em like they were about to run out. They had a freaking FULL BOX TRUCK!!! Probably 100+ cases packed to the top. About a year later, I went on a 3 day camping trip with three other friends and two of em and myself split 120 dozen Mahogany Clams for $.99 a dozen. We borrowed the 80qt stainless steel kettle from Pizza Hut where we all worked and it came with the stainless collander and lid. First night there we got a ripping fire and put that kettle right in the coals. We had a half barrel of Labatt Blue for three of us, and "wasted" about 2 gallons of beer...first we used the beer to get the clams drunk and clean out the sand, then put it in the kettle and used it as the steaming medium. Got the beer hot, and threw in half a tin of Old Bay with about 8 lemons and put em ALL in. Fuck it. Little did I know I cooled down the kettle adding over 1000 Mahoganies and it took another hour to get back to temp....d'oh. I was scared they we're gonna be chewy or weird, but they were perfect from the first one at 8:00pm till the last ones at 3:00am. What an experience. The three of us completely finished em. Roughly 40 dozen a piece. MY GOD IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! I can honestly say that steamed clams with some butter and lemon juice is one of the easiest things to not get bored eating. Effortless. The roast beef and oysters from Owen's above reminded me of these legendary days. Those Mahogany Clams are up to like $3 a dozen or more, and thats with a 20 dozen minimum. Ahh...The good ole days are gone.

Going to try some Gator fritters and Frog legs soon.
View attachment 982064 View attachment 982063
Ohh HELL YEAH. I fucking love some gator tail fritters done right. A must have down south dish. Those look real purdy brother, where are you dining at this evening? And Duggy with the bangin little adorable pizzas. So cute with that yolk just staring up at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back