Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah bison Buffalo is one of my favorites meats. I got turned onto it way back in the 80s at a chili cook-off in my hometown and ever since then I've tried to eat it at least two or three times a year and now I have a grocery store nearby that sells bison burger they don't have the steaks which I would love to get some steaks there used to be a Mancino's Pizza Joint in my hometown and it was a owner franchise.
he used to go up North and buy a couple of bisons and have them ground up and he would make bison Grinders and pizza and nachos it was awesome.
I used to go to the reenactments of the Civil War and these camps called rendevouz that's where they would live like they did back in the 1800s Mountain Man type style stuff but there always was bison cooking Buffalo jerky steaks rump roast prime rib even of Buffalo and a lot of it done over open fire Man I got turned on to that stuff I loved it after that I can't get my wife to eat it and it's a very great tasting it's not much unlike beef just less fat.[emoji482]

Sent[emoji297][emoji100][emoji482]
I've personally turned about 6 people on to it. All were beef lovers. All six loved it. I had my first taste back when I was about 14 at a gun show. My neighbor and his father took me after a weekend bow hunting expedition down to the southern tier of NY. The whole weekend those two wouldn't shut up about the Buffalo Burgers over charcoal at the gun show. Needless to say, when we parked the truck, the first thing we did was hit up the Buffalo Burger stand. I was blown away from the first bite. I didn't know a ton about cooking at that time, but looking back, they did a classic burger trick to keep things juicy. They we're cooking em over charcoal and had a hotel pan on the grill with juice/beer/beef broth. Leave the burgers about 80% done and toss em in the juice. They finish in there, it keeps em really juicy as it is quite lean (about 93-95%) and allows em to handle a quick rush without having to wait 15m. My girl showed me this trick from her teenage days as the Friday and Saturday night dumplin hamburger stand girl at the local drag strip. It's handy for feeding a crowd at a family reunion or party/wedding/smoke out. Put some grilled onions in there too. Also works well for Brats and Sausages with a beer and butter bath with some peppers and onions hitching a ride. Anyone reading this that is a burger whore....do yourself a super solid and grab a pound of bison and some worthy rolls. Do NOT overcook it, or it's pointless. Use some spray on your grill so it doesn't stick, and do a one flip burger. Thank me later. If for some reason, you can't get into "Bison", try some Kobe or Wagyu Beef burgers. Very similar both flavor and texture wise, price is about the same at $10 a pound or so. I've been thoroughly unimpressed with the ground beef from the supermarket lately. Honestly haven't even bought any in months. Pink slime. The times I have needed ground beef, I just opened my wallet a little further and grabbed some whole muscle ground Chuck and have the butcher grind it, or do it myself. The average pound of supermarket 80/20 has roughly a dozen animals per pound ground together. I just found that out recently and it kinda weirded me out....just enough that I have been skipping right over it at the cooler. I will still eat regular burgers and tacos from Fred and spaghetti dinner at Grandma's, but the pink slime that is 'ground beef 2018' is not in my cart. Get some Bison kiddies.... seriously.

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

that's a lot of onions.... what could I be making?

001.JPG

slow cooker french onion soup!

today I wanted to make some french onion soup so I went and got all the stuff when I was at the market today I went the super easy route I will be making it in the crock pot low and slow style

started off with a big ole pile of onions after a lot of chopping and a few tears

I used

2x large brown onions
1x large white onion
1x large red onion
3x medium size shallots
3x tablespoons melted butter
1x tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1x teaspoon dried Thyme
a few grinds of Mediterranean salt

going to cook on low in the crock pot for 12 hours overnight tomorrow I will add the rest of the ingredients

64 oz beef broth
1 clove garlic minced
splash of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

cook for another 8 hours and it will be ready I still need to pick up some Gruyere cheese and a baguette to top the soup and broil it in the oven and serve

003.JPG
004.JPG

well here is my onions after 12 hours of cooking on low in the crockpot overnight :drool: not going to lie I got the whole apartment smelling like onions but it smells good

I added the beef broth some minced garlic a splash of balsamic vinegar and some fresh cracked pepper and salt and set the crockpot to cook for 6 more hours

just wait and put in some oven safe ramekins add Gruyere cheese and a baguette to top the soup and broil it in the oven

002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG

Chilli is built. Now time to simmer and watch football.
The flavors are all cooking together. The smells

Oh yeah. Crappie n frog legs later too.
Eating from the woods in the winter.
Kings food imo.
IMG_20181111_130505.jpg
IMG_20181111_130900.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back