Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've NEVER made a country fried steak, but they sure taste good. Isn't that an alternative term for chicken fried steak? Do you pound it, or use something like a cube steak? I've made some proper white sausage/sawmill gravy for a Sunday Brunch kinda meal a few times, but we just did it with maple & sage tube sausage pressed into paddies, buttermilk biscuits and eggs.

P.S. guys, get yourselves a pair of patty presser type things....I use a pair of lids w/ a micro sheet of waxed paper. Do yourself a favor and check the price difference between ground meat and pre-formed paddies. It's about 35-40% cheaper to spend 3 mins and make em yourself. Stick it to the Man guys. Also don't fall for that pre prepped sliced peppers and onions, or anything else pre sliced from the produce/seafood/meat counter. Get yourself a decent $30 chef knife with a riveted full tang handle (blade goes all the way through the triple riveted handle) and a modern idiot proof high carbon steel V type sharpener. All you need is one good knife for most stuff. I do 85% of all my stuff with my nice KitchenAid Chefs Knife and I keep it ridiculously sharp with my little dummy sharpener in 15 seconds. A filet knife and paring knife are the other pair. Look at the price savings of doing shit yourself....it's astounding what they want sometimes. Just a quick Public Service Announcement from Doc Bubb, back to your regularly scheduled programming...
be0560ade906b78f8fe8002a3b9ea9af.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff
It's cubed steak fried

I've NEVER made a country fried steak, but they sure taste good. Isn't that an alternative term for chicken fried steak? Do you pound it, or use something like a cube steak? I've made some proper white sausage/sawmill gravy for a Sunday Brunch kinda meal a few times, but we just did it with maple & sage tube sausage pressed into paddies, buttermilk biscuits and eggs.

P.S. guys, get yourselves a pair of patty presser type things....I use a pair of lids w/ a micro sheet of waxed paper. Do yourself a favor and check the price difference between ground meat and pre-formed paddies. It's about 35-40% cheaper to spend 3 mins and make em yourself. Stick it to the Man guys. Also don't fall for that pre prepped sliced peppers and onions, or anything else pre sliced from the produce/seafood/meat counter. Get yourself a decent $30 chef knife with a riveted full tang handle (blade goes all the way through the triple riveted handle) and a modern idiot proof high carbon steel V type sharpener. All you need is one good knife for most stuff. I do 85% of all my stuff with my nice KitchenAid Chefs Knife and I keep it ridiculously sharp with my little dummy sharpener in 15 seconds. A filet knife and paring knife are the other pair. Look at the price savings of doing shit yourself....it's astounding what they want sometimes. Just a quick Public Service Announcement from Doc Bubb, back to your regularly scheduled programming...
be0560ade906b78f8fe8002a3b9ea9af.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

I always have said what's the point of knife if it isn't sharp. I have never had much luck with that type of sharpener. I sharpen with wet stones every 6 months and a few swipes on the steel before every use to keep my blades razor sharp.

I love liver, my family hate it, including the smell. I have to go to a restaurant when I'm working if I want any.p
It's not just any old liver @Duckster ...it's AFN liver....:crying:

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

I love liver, my family hate it, including the smell. I have to go to a restaurant when I'm working if I want any.p

Yeah me too. The wife will eat chicken liver once in a while, but she won't cook it. Trouble is finding it. A few places I have found that serve fried chicken livers but hard to find any other kind on the menus around here.:shrug:

I buy the liver for dog treats...pigs liver......only 2.98 euros a kilo...almost 2 lbs...:headbang:...every time I cook it me and hubby eat some...and the dogs glower at us...:biggrin:

That top piece in the second pic looks like a hippopotamus....LOL!!! SELL IT!!!

OMG @Dr.Bubbles ..it does...I'll not be able to unsee that now.....:bravo:

Afternoon @Duckster ...I Love chicken livers too.......:headbang:...I used to do them on toast for hubby...when we still had toast...:nono:...flash fried..touch of salt..squeeze of lemon...yummmm......

With a lot of traditional Spanish food lots of the old fashioned ingredients are still to be found in the local shops...like all the offals ...chicken carcasses..pigs feet....etc...

I always have said what's the point of knife if it isn't sharp. I have never had much luck with that type of sharpener. I sharpen with wet stones every 6 months and a few swipes on the steel before every use to keep my blades razor sharp.

Hubby says a blunt knife is a dangerous knife...:headbang:....so we keep ours sharpened ...with wet stone and steel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back