Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ya that's how it's done,
Grilled SWEET corn. This shit is like candy...I used to boil corn. Then I learned to steam corn and didn't look back. Once you steam corn, it's way better IMO than boiling as you don't wash away all the starches and sugars that make it delicious. This is in the husk grilled corns, which is as good or better than steamed. Similar texture with the grill flavor in the back. Just soak em for a couple few hours in water and load em up on the hot grill. Let the outside burn, underneath the corn steams and gets some subtle hints of the fire cook. Takes about 25m or so on high. Butter, salt and fresh cracked pepper is all she wrote. BOMB. My cat thinks there is something special about water that's in a cooler. That's all he wants....or running water. Weird.
ac44e40873855990f4d9f1a22ef3f2b6.jpg
96aa4a42f7fe5c91ad93ca19c69c3b65.jpg
cde6e7ded88f4e86d23217dcfbbbfd10.jpg
e03e736cd79bd39f838591481d5de6bd.jpg
f61b515b96cdfa1843d9d379e09c6c4e.jpg
4098eabb23ee02c56aa402f27de96ba7.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff
Thats how u do it, couldn't tell u how many ears I've eaten like this over my life time. Not to mention many bags of it blanched I put away for winter, Super Sweet Queen from Pioneer and Blue Ribbon are my favorite ones, silver Queen from Hybrids is also a too notch sweet corn. All are like candy and caramelized sweet corn with onions and peppers on the grill then add some Italian grill chicken breast with it and we'll ur stuffed, but it's going to be Ostrich Steaks tonight for dinner, been couple weeks since had them and per the kid request that it will be

Why do I do this? Get up and smoke a couple of bowls while catching up on AFN threads. Read postings on this thread, a major drool factor kicks in. And of course I do this BEFORE I am supposed to go make the weekly groceries and I seem to do this every week. Glutton for punishment:shrug::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Me too @Duckster ...this thread is lethal for Stoners....:glutton:

I got to ask What is the long skinny green pepper? serrano? What are the things just beneath it? What kind of pepper is the pale green one?

Long green one is a local chilli...I picked it green coz I didn't know the heat..but it was a bit hot for salad..or...I should have had more chunky tomato with it.

Pale green pepper is a local plug plant called Blondie....eaten light it tastes like a mild green...left to go over it tastes...different...nicer...
colour is good for salad too....I Like lots of colours...:headbang:...I count my 5 a day as 5 different colours...

IMG_5396.JPG

Blondie....Blushing......:pass:

Smoked?

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Yum...got to be at that colour.....:headbang:

I don't eat much breakfast, maybe a bagel or a bowl of Granola Raisin Bran if I'm lucky. I'm more of a easy small lunch and scratch dinner kinda guy.

Me too...no breakfast...no lunch...then realise we are not eating until 7.30 pm...and eat poop sugary things at 4 pm...:coffee:

About to head back to Farmer Fred's little roadside stand for some more of that ultra addicting sweet corn.

Get an extra one for me...............:drool:

Yay...ostrich....@midIN :headbang:..it looks very dense meat.....?.....

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......................:drool:

Don't think I have ever had fried cabbage - sounds interesting.

Always fry up any leftover cabbage...delicious

Yeah....:headbang:..or mash and cabbage...bubble and squeak.....:chef:...

recipe-image-legacy-id--107459_12.jpg

Dam that's the kind of grub we eat up this way .. Nothing like good fresh vegetables..

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Amen @mikey2017 ...:headbang:

We had lazy cow dinner last night.....:biggrin:..hubby brought a big bag of chips in.................................and I fried 4 eggs.......:coffee:

Only had one plate to wash up as well...I ate mine out of the wrapper....:biggrin:...I'm very low maintenance...

IMG_5461.JPG

I was right about the figs getting ready.............:headbang:..on the yellow and purple ones....

IMG_5464.JPG

First ones lack a bit of sweetness...so drizzle with some local honey and a Touch of cinnamon....leave out of the fridge to keep the honey fluid...and stir when you walk past it...

IMG_5463.JPG

Feta..olives..fresh basil...olive oil..vinegar...honey..the cheese and olives are the salt...and the juice from here is the salad dressing........................

Quick pickle a bit of finely chopped red pepper and onion...add vinegar and microwave until the vinegar is Hot...then leave to go cold...

Add a teaspoon of philadelphia cream cheese and the pickle onto a slice of serrano ham...and roll....

IMG_5469.JPG

Place a mixed mouthful on each little gem leaf....:headbang:...dress the leaves...and eat with fingers....

IMG_5471.JPG

Yum....:coffee:

Always fry up any leftover cabbage...delicious

So are talking sautéed or more of a deep fry thing?

Me too @Duckster ...this thread is lethal for Stoners....:glutton:

Long green one is a local chilli...I picked it green coz I didn't know the heat..but it was a bit hot for salad..or...I should have had more chunky tomato with it.

Pale green pepper is a local plug plant called Blondie....eaten light it tastes like a mild green...left to go over it tastes...different...nicer...
colour is good for salad too....I Like lots of colours...:headbang:...I count my 5 a day as 5 different colours...

View attachment 945684

Blondie....Blushing......:pass:

Yeah I like the green bell pepper cooked but in salads I prefer the milder sweeter flavor of the yellow, orange, and red bell pepper.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......................:drool:

Yeah....:headbang:..or mash and cabbage...bubble and squeak.....:chef:...

recipe-image-legacy-id--107459_12.jpg

Amen @mikey2017 ...:headbang:

My mother in law was a Brit who crossed the pond after the war in 47. She spoke of her love for bubble and squeak for breakfast. I never saw her make it or got the opportunity to try it. I got the impression that her version contained whatever leftovers that were in the fridge. What are the ingredients of what's in the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back