Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW...does anyone else notice how Basil tastes/smells like cannabis...?.... [HASHTAG]#orisitjustme[/HASHTAG] :biggrin:

It totally does, and up to this point I had assumed that they were closely related. Turns out after a little time with Dr. Google they meet up just under kingdom in the clade Eudicots, so not that closely related at all. Today I learned something.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eudicots

So are talking sautéed or more of a deep fry thing?
Sauteed in a little butter....:pass:

Exactly....:headbang:...and don't stir it too much...so it develops a bit of crispy crust...like the photo.....

She spoke of her love for bubble and squeak for breakfast. I never saw her make it or got the opportunity to try it. I got the impression that her version contained whatever leftovers that were in the fridge. What are the ingredients of what's in the picture?

In our house it was always what was left over from sunday dinner....so any veg....tatties...and cold spare roast meat...if there was any...

Cooked crispy bacon would be Nice.....:headbang:....photo was just stock photo to show you the crust......

Exactly....:headbang:...and don't stir it too much...so it develops a bit of crispy crust...like the photo.....

In our house it was always what was left over from sunday dinner....so any veg....tatties...and cold spare roast meat...if there was any...

Cooked crispy bacon would be Nice.....:headbang:....photo was just stock photo to show you the crust......
That's JUST cabbage? It looks like she's me kind of binder in there to hold it together.

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

That's JUST cabbage? It looks like she's me kind of binder in there to hold it together.

Cabbage and potato @Dr.Bubbles :headbang:..the mashed potato binds it..

Meal for 1 ..........

IMG_5483.JPG

Pork chop...buttered potatoes and a simple cheesy slaw....hubby is out looking after his friend...so no doubt will be nissed as a pewt when he comes home...so I made mine...:biggrin:..saves the argument later.....when he comes home late and too sozzled to eat.

Years of experience....:headbang:

Last edited:
You guys get some crazy looking pork chops. This is not the first time I've thought that either....lol. So....we had a little party yesterday. An honest to goodness b'day party for a one year old little baby girl. I'm a grandpa ladies and djents!! It's still weird...lol, as I'm just a big kid myself. We had to make some stuff from scratch of course, so I made my famous simple Mac Salad and hot Black Bean & Corn dip. My phone was dead, so I used a different camera, so I missed some of the money shots.

This is ultra denk Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake brownies from scratch. No box. Baker's dark chocolate bar. My daughter made this terrific dessert:
IMG_2528.JPG
IMG_2529.JPG

This is my Black Bean & Corn dip. Its not baked yet...LIKE AN IDIOT...I never got a pic of it post 37min @ 350F. Its got Philladelphia Cream Cheese, Goya black beans, Rotel tomatoes and chillis, corn, garlic, cilantro, a grilled jalapeno diced, and Queso Fresco cheese half inside, and half on top, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and some lime juice. Dip it with some Blue Corn tortilla chips. 6 stars...lol. Its REALLY good and melty and cheesy and Mexican and beany and gooey. Zero meat, and you won't even know. This is the kind of food to serve a rookie vegetarian.
IMG_2514.JPG

This is my Mac Salad. Real simple, but really addicting. Elbows, carrots, onions, celery, radishes, garlic, Helleman's, salt, and white pepper. Its got to sit for awhile so the onions and garlic calm down and the mayo gets soaked up. Also, the veggies get a little softer and it melds together. Don't overcook the pasta...keep it Al Dente for best results...use REAL mayo and pick a good brand. Keep the seasonings light and taste it constantly. I made 2 pounds of elbows which filled up a huge container. Its almost halfway gone already because it calls your name. Literally.
thumbnail.jpg

Live from Dabberville here's what's cooking
dc224ed9867c80c8d673d14c6fddd7a1.jpg
a71d1a732a47549f0be18846933f8450.jpg
7837a8cd541591696dfaa6870f063579.jpg
031881ba6509169d5469cd19a8e3a370.jpg
052b30889f80736085056f8c712c79f7.jpg
7af4ec25651db71153fb3f4a44bd46ea.jpg
939b4ea137c1503269c16c61dfdd5068.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk
Gotta 'splain what's up. Sawmill gravy and sausage over biscuits? That's what it looks like, but ya never know ....maybe its yogurt and bile over ground uterus patties with a side of daikon radishes...lol

Gotta 'splain what's up. Sawmill gravy and sausage over biscuits? That's what it looks like, but ya never know ....maybe its yogurt and bile over ground uterus patties with a side of daikon radishes...lol

Country fried steak mac n cheese fried taters and onions with homemade gravy from steak drippings over biscuits :woohoo:

Country fried steak mac n cheese fried taters and onions with homemade gravy from steak drippings over biscuits :woohoo:
I've NEVER made a country fried steak, but they sure taste good. Isn't that an alternative term for chicken fried steak? Do you pound it, or use something like a cube steak? I've made some proper white sausage/sawmill gravy for a Sunday Brunch kinda meal a few times, but we just did it with maple & sage tube sausage pressed into paddies, buttermilk biscuits and eggs.

P.S. guys, get yourselves a pair of patty presser type things....I use a pair of lids w/ a micro sheet of waxed paper. Do yourself a favor and check the price difference between ground meat and pre-formed paddies. It's about 35-40% cheaper to spend 3 mins and make em yourself. Stick it to the Man guys. Also don't fall for that pre prepped sliced peppers and onions, or anything else pre sliced from the produce/seafood/meat counter. Get yourself a decent $30 chef knife with a riveted full tang handle (blade goes all the way through the triple riveted handle) and a modern idiot proof high carbon steel V type sharpener. All you need is one good knife for most stuff. I do 85% of all my stuff with my nice KitchenAid Chefs Knife and I keep it ridiculously sharp with my little dummy sharpener in 15 seconds. A filet knife and paring knife are the other pair. Look at the price savings of doing shit yourself....it's astounding what they want sometimes. Just a quick Public Service Announcement from Doc Bubb, back to your regularly scheduled programming...
be0560ade906b78f8fe8002a3b9ea9af.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back