Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what your asking. The name came from one of the American Indian tribes. Sakli, sakla, sakle, or something like that. It meant trout. The Cajun French some how changed that into sac-a-lait pronounced sak-uh-ley. I think the literal translation is "milk sack" or "milk bag". God only knows why they used that phase, maybe because it sounded like the word the Indians used.
U need that right on the head. Love knowing the origin of fish, learn something new every day.

Depends on which "bream" you mean. The "common bream" is a European freshwater fish that is in the same family as carp and minnows - no relation. The other "bream" normally spelled brim, is part of the sunfish family, along with crappie, blue gill, perch, large mouth bass, and a bunch of others. All native to north America. I don't mess with most of these because they are no usually very big. I don't fool with bones, so the only fin fish that I will eat has to be filleted. Not much of a fillet on a perch:crying::crying:
Here in the US we have some nice big filets of bluegill,crappie. Perch depends where you go. But even in my ponds most of my crappie range from 1- 3.25 lb fish so I only harvest bigger males in the 2-3 lb range so filets are about twice of my hand, little farther south and north of me they are bigger and further north there's some monster perch and crappie. Now the new hybrid bluegill from the state next to me those fish get huge within full maturity at 2 years they average from 3-4.5 lbs I believe. The Asian carp has taken over all our local big river catfish waterways. Which sucks they eat everything, thier trying to atate harvesting them now for restaurants as a white fish. Muskies around here won't even eat them nor will the pike.

Here in the US we have some nice big filets of bluegill,crappie. Perch depends where you go. But even in my ponds most of my crappie range from 1- 3.25 lb fish so I only harvest bigger males in the 2-3 lb range so filets are about twice of my hand, little farther south and north of me they are bigger and further north there's some monster perch and crappie. Now the new hybrid bluegill from the state next to me those fish get huge within full maturity at 2 years they average from 3-4.5 lbs I believe. The Asian carp has taken over all our local big river catfish waterways. Which sucks they eat everything, thier trying to atate harvesting them now for restaurants as a white fish. Muskies around here won't even eat them nor will the pike.

Oh I'm in the US BTW, down near the big easy. Wow 2 lb would be a really big crappie for me. Never seen a 3-4 lb bluegill. Ah carp - nasty fishes - but I guess they serve some purpose in the big picture but I'm not sure what. If you have muskie and pike, you have got to be way north of me.

HOMEGROWN
IMG_7843.JPG

You mean like catfish?
I like catfish but i never eat more that say 5 times a year and im just 95 miles N.E from you and there are very big blue gill here plate size .. I like the salt fish that hide under the oil Riggs!!
ma-hi ma-hi and tuna and wahoo aaaannnddd Cobia aaannnddd all those tasty Fish!! :chef:

Yeah I like catfish too, when it is "on flavor". But have had way too many bad experiences with "off flavor" catfish (even the MS & AL farm raised) so I don't eat it often. Dude I knew you were in the area a couple of years ago but thought you relocated.

You can do this over brown rice.

Saute'ed dish. To be done one portion at a time, as more in the pan make for a more "floury" tasting dish.

Prepare 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock. This is for one person. tenderized scalloped chicken.

Peppa your chicken. that's right "push it", then dredge in flower, get the flour in really well.
you will need a tablespoon of:
Olive Oil, chopped Green Onions,
a sliced mushroom, or two if they are small, (you don't want too much moisture, so the drier the better).
tsp. chopped fresh garlic
1/4 cup of white wine

This should take five minutes tops, each.
Heat the Oil to a hot temp, but not burning. Drop your chickens into the oil, brown, and turn. Then add the mushrooms, onions and garlic, as soon as the chickens are brown, stir the mixture, until the garlics brown and the veggies are cookiing. Add the wine, let it cook down until half, and add half the chicken stock (add more as needed to make a chowdery consistancy). let that simmer for a minute or two and stir, and pour over rice. As you are cooking, check for taste, if you still taste the alcohol, simmer more until you don't.

Options are:
chopped tomatoes,
1/2 tsp Lemon
chopped basil.

upload_2018-8-22_7-41-1.jpeg

Yeah I like catfish too, when it is "on flavor". But have had way too many bad experiences with "off flavor" catfish (even the MS & AL farm raised) so I don't eat it often. Dude I knew you were in the area a couple of years ago but thought you relocated.
Cat fish has to be cooked correct. The fish needs to be no more than 12 inches or it's to tuff. I personally like thin deep fried fillets. Yummy!!

You can do this over brown rice.

Saute'ed dish. To be done one portion at a time, as more in the pan make for a more "floury" tasting dish.

Prepare 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock. This is for one person. tenderized scalloped chicken.

Peppa your chicken. that's right "push it", then dredge in flower, get the flour in really well.
you will need a tablespoon of:
Olive Oil, chopped Green Onions,
a sliced mushroom, or two if they are small, (you don't want too much moisture, so the drier the better).
tsp. chopped fresh garlic
1/4 cup of white wine

This should take five minutes tops, each.
Heat the Oil to a hot temp, but not burning. Drop your chickens into the oil, brown, and turn. Then add the mushrooms, onions and garlic, as soon as the chickens are brown, stir the mixture, until the garlics brown and the veggies are cookiing. Add the wine, let it cook down until half, and add half the chicken stock (add more as needed to make a chowdery consistancy). let that simmer for a minute or two and stir, and pour over rice. As you are cooking, check for taste, if you still taste the alcohol, simmer more until you don't.

Options are:
chopped tomatoes,
1/2 tsp Lemon
chopped basil.

View attachment 943889
Oh that looks really good. I screen shot it!:pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back