Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a treat last night. There is this local farmer right down the road. The guy is a beast. He has this badass little fruit and veggie stand. All grown on the property, and he runs the stand in the evening for a few hours. I've been shopping here for years, and this guy's produce is next level without fail. His prices are REALLY decent too. We got six huge ears of perfect corn, some on the vine tomatoes, a bag of plums, three of the freshest prettiest onions I've ever seen, and a head of garlic. Total bill was $6. We steamed some corn last night. Wow. Perfection is the word. Like I said, this guy is a beast. I always hit this dude up in September/October for his insane pepper fiesta. I make chilli. It's my [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] most requested thing I make. I go ALL OUT. I start with 8 or so assorted peppers and 3lbs of sirloin that we coarse grind ourselves. I am gonna do it once the weather cools down and the peppers are done. I'm also gonna use that opportunity to break out my Cannon DSLR and maybe even some KAAAAHBS for lighting and take some real pics...edit em on my PC and the whole nine yards. That's gonna be an epic post. Like I said, it's my number one most requested thing I've made, and I've shared it with at least 50 people. Everyone says I should enter a chilli cookoff with it, because it's that good. There is 3 secrets to the best chilli ever....I'll give ya the first one now, ya gotta wait for the others...lol: DO NOT fuck around when it comes to Chilli Powder. No weak chilli seasoning packets here. Go right for the McCormick Gourmet Chilli Powder or the Spice Islands one. We are using a whole $7 bottle, so don't cut corners here. I discovered the high end chilli powder after about the 10th time making chilli, and haven't looked back. Cumin too. We use about 60% of the same size bottle of Cumin. Same thing, get the good shit. That's a lot of the signature flavor. It is an all day affair. It takes about 3½ hours or so, so the right kettle is very important. I wish you all could taste it....it's one of the most addicting flavors ever. We literally cry when it's gone. And it costs about $50. I've always wanted to do a proper chilli essay with pics...like a blog..and this seems like the time. That way if someone wants the recipe, it's that easy to replicate. Okay, chili rant is done, considering IM NOT EVEN MAKING CHILLI!! Lol.

Mmmm.....Chilli.....

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

I had a treat last night. There is this local farmer right down the road. The guy is a beast. He has this badass little fruit and veggie stand. All grown on the property, and he runs the stand in the evening for a few hours. I've been shopping here for years, and this guy's produce is next level without fail. His prices are REALLY decent too. We got six huge ears of perfect corn, some on the vine tomatoes, a bag of plums, three of the freshest prettiest onions I've ever seen, and a head of garlic. Total bill was $6. We steamed some corn last night. Wow. Perfection is the word. Like I said, this guy is a beast. I always hit this dude up in September/October for his insane pepper fiesta. I make chilli. It's my [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] most requested thing I make. I go ALL OUT. I start with 8 or so assorted peppers and 3lbs of sirloin that we coarse grind ourselves. I am gonna do it once the weather cools down and the peppers are done. I'm also gonna use that opportunity to break out my Cannon DSLR and maybe even some KAAAAHBS for lighting and take some real pics...edit em on my PC and the whole nine yards. That's gonna be an epic post. Like I said, it's my number one most requested thing I've made, and I've shared it with at least 50 people. Everyone says I should enter a chilli cookoff with it, because it's that good. There is 3 secrets to the best chilli ever....I'll give ya the first one now, ya gotta wait for the others...lol: DO NOT fuck around when it comes to Chilli Powder. No weak chilli seasoning packets here. Go right for the McCormick Gourmet Chilli Powder or the Spice Islands one. We are using a whole $7 bottle, so don't cut corners here. I discovered the high end chilli powder after about the 10th time making chilli, and haven't looked back. Cumin too. We use about 60% of the same size bottle of Cumin. Same thing, get the good shit. That's a lot of the signature flavor. It is an all day affair. It takes about 3½ hours or so, so the right kettle is very important. I wish you all could taste it....it's one of the most addicting flavors ever. We literally cry when it's gone. And it costs about $50. I've always wanted to do a proper chilli essay with pics...like a blog..and this seems like the time. That way if someone wants the recipe, it's that easy to replicate. Okay, chili rant is done, considering IM NOT EVEN MAKING CHILLI!! Lol.

Mmmm.....Chilli.....

[HASHTAG]#GoDr[/HASHTAG].Bubbles :headbang:

The first time I ever heard of "red gray" was when I moved to the "big easy". It reminds me of marinara.

LOL I'm always a little leery about assuming the meaning of phases coming from the other side of the pond. Things tend to have different meanings.
No...it is not you...:biggrin:..it is the translation...in the UK..biscuits are cookies I Think....sweet..to dip in your tea...

Now we have this....

Beef-Cobbler%5B1%5D.jpg

I'm sure it is similar...and I would call them scones...or baked dumplings.....:biggrin:

Biscuit in the UK...

View attachment 943165

Normally if I was making a tomato sauce it would be for something like bolognese or chilli...and I'd thicken it a bit with corn flour....

Mmmm.....Chilli.....

Oh love a good fruit and veggie stand. If we want that kind of fresh produce, we have to go to the farmers market. Some great fresh produce but we don't get deals anywhere as good as that.

Ah another chili fanatic - I love it. For an interesting twist - try adding cabbage. For the quantities you mention, about half of a large head cut into 1-2" chunks. Tasty

A nice piece of pork loin stuffed with sweet black pudding....oooooh...tasty.

Yup @Duggy ...:headbang:....Lamb chops with a Haggis stuffing...match made in heaven............:chef:

Are you talking about funnel cakes??

Nope @The Elvis ..that doesn't ring a bell...:headbang:..it was in the newspaper the other day..but I Forgot....:doh:..it's me age...

LOL I'm always a little leery about assuming the meaning of phases coming from the other side of the pond. Things tend to have different meanings.

Yup @Duckster ...considering we all speak english...and have most of the same ingredients available...you would think we would have more commonality in the Names..that is why I find myself Asking all the time...:biggrin:..things aren't as they seem.

I always remember a guy at work who's American Grandfather came over for a visit....:biggrin:..he came into work with a black eye..we asked what happend.

He took his Grandfather clubbing..all was going well...all the young girl wanted to dance with him and were making a fuss of him...until he told one to swing her fanny.........

:crying:

Well it means a whole other thing in the UK than is does in the USA........:crying:

Funniest thing...she didn't punch the Grandfather who said it....she punched the Grandson...

So...I always Ask....

Death Row Dinners...I first heard it on the TV a couple of days ago....and it ties in with our Best Food List...

If you knew what was to be your Last meal...no expense spared......what would you order...?

Is it offensive to call it Death Row Dinners to our USA members....?..it is just how I heard it...but we could call it Last Meal List...

Let me know...

Yup @Duggy ...:headbang:....Lamb chops with a Haggis stuffing...match made in heaven............:chef:

Nope @The Elvis ..that doesn't ring a bell...:headbang:..it was in the newspaper the other day..but I Forgot....:doh:..it's me age...

Yup @Duckster ...considering we all speak english...and have most of the same ingredients available...you would think we would have more commonality in the Names..that is why I find myself Asking all the time...:biggrin:..things aren't as they seem.

I always remember a guy at work who's American Grandfather came over for a visit....:biggrin:..he came into work with a black eye..we asked what happend.

He took his Grandfather clubbing..all was going well...all the young girl wanted to dance with him and were making a fuss of him...until he told one to swing her fanny.........

Well it means a whole other thing in the UK than is does in the USA........:crying:

Funniest thing...she didn't punch the Grandfather who said it....she punched the Grandson...

So...I always Ask....

Ok so I have got to ask - what does it mean in the UK? Seems harmless enough in the US. Funny she would punch the grandson, although I have been tempted to punch a few parents for not making their &#$^@ children behave. Maybe the same thing in reverse.

Death Row Dinners...I first heard it on the TV a couple of days ago....and it ties in with our Best Food List...

If you knew what was to be your Last meal...no expense spared......what would you order...?

Is it offensive to call it Death Row Dinners to our USA members....?..it is just how I heard it...but we could call it Last Meal List...

Let me know...

Morning Mossy (for me anyway). Last Meal List does sound a bit more palatable, of course in this day and age, just about anything would considered offensive by somebody.

Oh that would a hard choice - there are sooooooooo many foods that I love. I guess I would go with a smorgasbord of Tex-Mex. Tacos, tamales, enchiladas, flautas, green chili rellenos, and the list goes on and on!

Not if I have ever had haggis possibly once in Argentina. A workmate told me to try some of his appetizer. When I asked what it was, he just said try it. Which I interpret as "If I told you what it is, you wouldn't eat it" :crying: When I asked again after I had eaten it, he still couldn't tell me because he did not know the English word for it. The best he could come up with was "guts".:yoinks:

Well my list is so long they would have to extend my execution for another year. Be a big basket of fresh crappie filets in there and deer steak, with a white wine elk steak with mushrooms and onions, and carmeled truffles on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back