Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
No @The Elvis ...:bighug:..we would call that tomato sauce.......[emoji3]

Day late..but...hey...

View attachment 943162

Belly pork..carrot..onion..gravy...yorkshire pudding and mushy peas.....:d5:..I Love mushy peas....

1 slice of meat and 1 yorkshire pudding on the plate is set aside for dog tax....[emoji3]...to share between the two dogs..

I Love garden peas for breakfast when they are in season....just a kilo of peas....for me...and the dog tax.
Now there's a Monday dinner from another country if I've ever seen one... looks tasty. What are those big roundies? Uhm...not belly, not onions...it's GOTTA be....carrots??? Maybe? It can't be the pudding, it just can't. I had me a "little puddin snack" as Nurse B likes to call em, last week. It DID NOT look like that...it was chlokate, and lil Timmy wanted me to trade for his juice box but I said "NO TIMMY, that's my little puddin snack!!!"....and I pushed him down the stairs. That's what puddin is about.

Puddin Snack[emoji769] ↓↓↓
8f3a52cb1df77d52da8b217174889038.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Im high on pot!!! You know how a am with me spelling ..

No...it is not you...:biggrin:..it is the translation...in the UK..biscuits are cookies I Think....sweet..to dip in your tea...

Now we have this....

Beef-Cobbler%5B1%5D.jpg

I'm sure it is similar...and I would call them scones...or baked dumplings.....:biggrin:

Biscuit in the UK...

upload_2018-8-20_19-48-29.png

Normally if I was making a tomato sauce it would be for something like bolognese or chilli...and I'd thicken it a bit with corn flour....

Now there's a Monday dinner from another country if I've ever seen one... looks tasty. What are those big roundies? Uhm...not belly, not onions...it's GOTTA be....carrots??? Maybe? It can't be the pudding, it just can't. I had me a "little puddin snack" as Nurse B likes to call em, last week. It DID NOT look like that...it was chlokate, and lil Timmy wanted me to trade for his juice box but I said "NO TIMMY, that's my little puddin snack!!!"....and I pushed him down the stairs. That's what puddin is about.

Puddin Snack[emoji769] ↓↓↓
8f3a52cb1df77d52da8b217174889038.jpg

:crying: See..translation.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_pudding

These are scones here. They are somewhat dry little pastries that people dunk in milk and coffee. Blueberry, cranberry-orange, chocolate chip are all popular flavors. They can be anywhere from Wow, this is incredible!!" to '"Am I supposed to be enjoying this thing, cause it's like going to work, and I hate my job. Why did I pay for this?". Lol. Makes me chuckle, but y'all know what I'm talking about.
647329a39e402eef14fe8ca6e427d04b.jpg

I looove brown gravy and white gravy also.. Its about that southern comfort food options:eyebrows:.. i like white gravy on my chicken but only brown on my rice or mash potatoes.
I also like red gravy!!! its made with tomatoes or we call it tomato gravy...:toke:
@Mossy is red gravy a thing in the UK?

This is red gravy over a omelet with cooked potatoes and french bread...:chef:
red-gravy.jpg

Biscuits and white sausage gravy!!:pass:
OldRecipe_500x350_Sausage-Gravy-and-Biscuits_xNAW12c.png
Yummy at Elvis place!

These are scones here. They are somewhat dry little pastries that people dunk in milk and coffee. Blueberry, cranberry-orange, chocolate chip are all popular flavors. They can be anywhere from Wow, this is incredible!!" to '"Am I supposed to be enjoying this thing, cause it's like going to work, and I hate my job. Why did I pay for this?". Lol. Makes me chuckle, but y'all know what I'm talking about.
647329a39e402eef14fe8ca6e427d04b.jpg

They look more like a rock bun cross......

sb000202-cooked-rockcakes.jpg

Scone....which can be filled with fruits or cheese...yum...

57834_1.jpg

Yeah...I know about some 'different' shall we say, puddins. When I heard Yorkshire, I immediately was thinkin of hogs, and thought that was some kind of congealed blood puddin. Like a big scab if you will....lol. I am ALL ABOUT trying new things, but blood puddin scares the shite outta me. Some Bangers n Mash though, when we eating?? Russel Brand has such a catchy tune about Bangers n Mash, ya gotta like at least something about it.

Yeah...I know about some 'different' shall we say, puddins.

Apparently some Americans have stolen them..dusted them with icing sugar...and are trying to Claim them as something New.....:biggrin:

I can't remember the name...but it is quite common in the UK to dust them with sugar..or Jam (Jelly..:biggrin:) and have them as dessert.

My son used to love them with jam in.....:biggrin:....

I am ALL ABOUT trying new things, but blood puddin scares the shite outta me.

I actually like a deli made blood pudding (black pudding) stuffed with herbs and pepper....but they come into their own in stews etc...they dissolve in the gravy and just add depth to the gravy.....:headbang:

Some Bangers n Mash though, when we eating??

:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back