Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a guacamole recipe that I use for parties It makes 10-12 cups depending on the avocado size. I use cilantro and jalapeno and some of the parties have people that can't handle one or the other, so on those occasions I put those items in bowls to the side so they can be added if desired. There are never any leftovers.

10 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted (I use 12 if they are small)
3 medium onions, chopped (I prefer a coarse chop as I find the onion becomes more overpowering the finer the chop)
3 4oz cans of chopped green chilies
5 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice (I prefer lime)
2-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
jalapeno peppers, chopped - at least 1 per avocado (I prefer to use fresh but canned will do in a pinch)
chopped cilantro to taste

Mash avocados - matter of preference here. I prefer a chunky texture where other like a creamy consistency.
Stir in all remaining ingredients except tomatoes.
Gently fold in the tomato
Cover and refrigerate until served
Enjoy:smoking:

Sounds about right.
This is a guacamole recipe that I use for parties It makes 10-12 cups depending on the avocado size. I use cilantro and jalapeno and some of the parties have people that can't handle one or the other, so on those occasions I put those items in bowls to the side so they can be added if desired. There are never any leftovers.

10 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted (I use 12 if they are small)
3 medium onions, chopped (I prefer a coarse chop as I find the onion becomes more overpowering the finer the chop)
3 4oz cans of chopped green chilies
5 teaspoon salt
2-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
jalapeno peppers, chopped - at least 1 per avocado (I prefer to use fresh but canned will do in a pinch)
chopped cilantro to taste

Mash avocados - matter of preference here. I prefer a chunky texture where other like a creamy consistency.
Stir in all remaining ingredients except tomatoes.
Gently fold in the tomato
Cover and refrigerate until served
Enjoy:smoking:

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Remaining smoked beef sliced and added to retained cooking juices with sauteed onion, celery and carrot...
Served on fresh baked roll with cheese, fresh slaw, grilled courgette and tomato..finished with gravy post pic..
20180812_183524.jpg

Oh I'll have the cod and chips, but I'll pass on the mushy peas.

What @Duckster ....?.........:yoinks:..no mushy peas..that is sacrilage ...:biggrin:...tin of mushy peas...touch of vinegar..lump of Lurpak........Num..num..num....

malt vinegar if you please

Malt is on me banned food list....I usually use white wine or apple....doesn't smell taste as good as malt on your fish and chips though.
We are the Home of lots of sherry vinegars...:headbang:...but I haven't experimented much with them..........................yet.......:biggrin:

I'm getting fat just thinking about.:crying::cheers::cheers:

It is this damn thread...giving us all the munchies.............:crying:

It's amazing how NOTHING tastes right when the sodium isn't there. A pinch of salt and all of a sudden hello.

Amen...:headbang:...so much food faded into mediocrity because people are frightened to season.

I just read in the papers today that doc's have reversed their Thinking on salt and doubled the amount we can eat a day.......:bored:..good to know they just Guessed what was good for us....

I mainly use sea salt to cook with coz it is local and cheap here..but I do like a fancy salt for salads etc..even if it is just kosher pink...

That was just some bar food. Buffalo hot chicken wings, Chicken quesadilla (flour tortilla with melted cheese), and some boneless breaded chicken breast in a parmesan garlic butter sauce (almost like chicken wings but without the bones).

American tapas @bushmasterar15 :bighug:

Nice and simple down home meal tonight.... free range raised chicken legs spiced up and bbq sauce glazed, fresh picked beans and red potatoes from the garden with some garlic butter and salt/pepper. Blueberry pie for desert. Almost everything in the meal is raised by us.

It Always tastes better when you have grown it yourself............:watering:...Hard work though....

Ah..reminds me.... @912GreenSkell ...those blanco peppers....Taste...like a very mild green pepper...nice..different.....

but when they go over..they go Peach colour....very different to look at in a salad....:headbang:

I'm surprised I haven't showed up here. I fancy myself quite the chef but, when it comes to cornbread, I only use my late grandmother's (Granz) recipe. Because I love you peeps, I'll share it.
View attachment 940509
We love you too yeats.. and I'll tag you when I make this. Solid cb rec bro. Can't wait for ham n bean day now lol

Yeah..much appreciated @Yeatster ...earned you that little jiggling vibe badge.....:d5:

Love the way she has underlined baking powder..to remind her not baking soda.....:headbang:

Yeah..cracked me up too @Frankthetank ...:crying:...he said it burned his taste buds so he couldn't enjoy his steak...didn't stop him eating it though....pppffttt....:crying:

This is a guacamole recipe that I use for parties It makes 10-12 cups depending on the avocado size.

:crying: We don't have any Friends @Duckster :crying:..and I don't Do Parties...:crying:

I might have to cut the amounts down....:biggrin:

Yup..like Dr.Bubbles said...lime is a key taste in it....:headbang:..me lime trees haven't settled in the garden yet...so I have been known to use a green lemon..but it isn't the same....

Remaining smoked beef sliced and added to retained cooking juices with sauteed onion, celery and carrot...
Served on fresh baked roll with cheese, fresh slaw, grilled courgette and tomato..finished with gravy post pic..
View attachment 940602

Your own made bread @Duggy ...?...:drool:

There is so many different kinds of salt in this great world of ours and what a history. France has some of the best salt in the world I have seen a documentary on salt lol

There is so many different kinds of salt in this great world of ours and what a history. France has some of the best salt in the world I have seen a documentary on salt lol

Evening @F.N. :bighug:..I just checked..

I have Himalayan ..Pakistani...Alps..and a black one I can't remember the name of....each one has a different mineral content depending on where they come from...they do taste different...:headbang:...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back