Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tartar here...mayo..horse radish..chopped capers..gherkin..lemon juice and salt........bit of dill if you have it fresh..........:chef:..goes Best with battered cod..chips and mushy peas...........

ohgodI'mStarvin .....:biggrin:

Sounds like I'm going to have to try again.....:pass:

You like chillies too.....?.....

I got gluten free wasabi the other day...stuck it on the plate to try with a steak....hubby thought it was a pea and munched the whole lump.........:crying:.....he wasn't very happy........:crying:

I've got Serious munchies....:crying:

Sympathies.....:bighug:..Good Luck with the move....:headbang:

I normally stick a bit of chilli in......

Oh I'll have the cod and chips, but I'll pass on the mushy peas. Oh and no tartar for me thanks, malt vinegar if you please. I'm getting fat just thinking about.:crying::cheers::cheers:

When I do Guacamole, obviously fresh avacados, diced tomatoes, the "seasoning mix" is fresh lime juice and a dot of zest, garlic, onion and fresh cilantro. Take the garlic, onion and cilantro and pulverize it. Use a chef knife and just keep going through it. Small. Scoop all the juice and the pile into the avacado blend. Give it a good mixing. If ya need to thin it out a dot, put a splash of Corona in. I always do, as I usually have Corona around when I make Mexican food. The secret with using fresh garlic and onion is to let it chill it out little. Make it a 12 hours ahead of time or even the night before. That way it can meld together and the potent guys can settle down. Same with Mac Salad. It's 2x as good after 18 hours. Once it's good, season with some salt and pepper. It's a world class guacomole right there, and it's all from scratch.

That was only my 5th time making it, but it's mind blowing good.
94869ac326994093196b351f2eb2b5cc.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff
Dude you forgot the salt and chilies. I use at least 1 fresh chopped jalapeno per avocado and a small can of chopped chilies. Got to fire it up a little!:fire:

Dude you forgot the salt and chilies. I use at least 1 fresh chopped jalapeno per avocado and a small can of chopped chilies. Got to fire it up a little!:fire:
Never did it with chilis. I love spicy peppers...gonna try that next time for sure...maybe a grilled jalapeno. Salt and pepper are at the end. I didn't forget. [emoji39] Salt is the number one seasoning in the cupboard when scratch cooking. It's amazing how NOTHING tastes right when the sodium isn't there. A pinch of salt and all of a sudden hello. Don't ever take salt for granted. I keep cheap Iodized, Sea, and Kosher in stock, and sometimes I make pickled nitrate/nitrite salt out of dehydrated pickle juice. Salt rules....and I don't even like it that much. When salt people take control, it's usually too much for me. I try to make my food so the salt is right, and there it am if ya wanna get clogged up on your own plate...lol.

Never did it with chilis. I love spicy peppers...gonna try that next time for sure...maybe a grilled jalapeno. Salt and pepper are at the end. I didn't forget. [emoji39] Salt is the number one seasoning in the cupboard when scratch cooking. It's amazing how NOTHING tastes right when the sodium isn't there. A pinch of salt and all of a sudden hello. Don't ever take salt for granted. I keep cheap Iodized, Sea, and Kosher in stock, and sometimes I make pickled nitrate/nitrite salt out of dehydrated pickle juice. Salt rules....and I don't even like it that much. When salt people take control, it's usually too much for me. I try to make my food so the salt is right, and there it am if ya wanna get clogged up on your own plate...lol.

Will post my killer guacamole recipe soon as I find it. Most of it is committed to memory but it's been a couple of years since I made it so better check on the details.

You have to tell us Europeans what it is @bushmasterar15 ....:biggrin:...your US food is quite different to what we get in the UK....
That was just some bar food. Buffalo hot chicken wings, Chicken quesadilla (flour tortilla with melted cheese), and some boneless breaded chicken breast in a parmesan garlic butter sauce (almost like chicken wings but without the bones).

Nice and simple down home meal tonight.... free range raised chicken legs spiced up and bbq sauce glazed, fresh picked beans and red potatoes from the garden with some garlic butter and salt/pepper. Blueberry pie for desert. Almost everything in the meal is raised by us.

I'm surprised I haven't showed up here. I fancy myself quite the chef but, when it comes to cornbread, I only use my late grandmother's (Granz) recipe. Because I love you peeps, I'll share it.
View attachment 940509
We love you too yeats.. and I'll tag you when I make this. Solid cb rec bro. Can't wait for ham n bean day now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back