Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ostrich stir fry sounds interesting. How does ostrich taste?[/QUOte

Pretty close to beef, if I told u it was steak stirfry u ask for couple roasts to take home. Mix it with goat and pork makes amazing beef sticks to take with u to the woods.

I'm buying this Tomahawk steak the next Time I go back to the butcher.
View attachment 937774

One cost about $50

[HASHTAG]#OhmanIwantoneofthose[/HASHTAG] :drool:..........I'd save up for it...........:biggrin:

Wagyu too..........:woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1:........daym.........

If you do that, try the Reverse Sear method. Or Sous Vide with a reverse sear....that's what the pros recommend for a monster cut like that. The following link has some foolproof directions for a 2" thick $60 Ribeye. I think that fits the bill perfect...lol.

https://amazingribs.com/more-techni...g-temps-when-cook-hot-fast-when-cook-low-slow

This site is like the Bible of how to cook over live fire. [emoji91] They cover EVERYTHING. They had a killer page about cooking a pair of them Cowboy Tomahawk Ribeyes, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's behind the pay part of that site now. [emoji20] That page that is in the link is written by the same dude, Meathead Goldwyn, and the whole Reverse Sear method is described at the bottom. Do it bro....you won't regret it. You absolutely need an instant read thermometer though, so grab one if ya don't already have one. Happy Friday night AFN.

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Nice Link @Dr.Bubbles :headbang:

Some food when I got to see my dad the other week.
de83cacf66a5c1e74508569635d98d3f.jpg
02812708f3ef917b30a556091e4b0e9a.jpg
e315bb0b0bc1d7b811b165ba2074f5ad.jpg

You have to tell us Europeans what it is @bushmasterar15 ....:biggrin:...your US food is quite different to what we get in the UK....

southern corn bread

@Rebel ..corn bread...no wheat....?

How do you make it...

oh @Mossy you have never had cornbread? You poor deprived thing. It comes from the native americans in the southeastern US. It was adapted by the southern colonists. Basically cornmeal, milk, and eggs. Usually leavened with baking powder. Some recipes add wheat flour some call for sugar. I make mine in a well greased preheated cast iron skillet in the oven. It has a texture more like cake rather than bread. You can also take the same batter and add chopped onion and peppers then deep fry teaspoons of the batter to create hush puppies - very tasty.

oh @Mossy you have never had cornbread? You poor deprived thing. It comes from the native americans in the southeastern US. It was adapted by the southern colonists. Basically cornmeal, milk, and eggs. Usually leavened with baking powder. Some recipes add wheat flour some call for sugar. I make mine in a well greased preheated cast iron skillet in the oven. It has a texture more like cake rather than bread. You can also take the same batter and add chopped onion and peppers then deep fry teaspoons of the batter to create hush puppies - very tasty.
Its way to early in the morning for you to be giving away all our food ideas!!!!:pighug:

@Mossy try the white cornbread it's just amazing!! :headbang: do you have a iron skillet???

That's a big hunk of meat. It would take me 2-3 sittings to finish. I only get halfway through a nice ribeye these days

@Duckster ..me and hubby get one fat steak..cook it..then cut it in half.......:biggrin:...well..he normally gets 2/3rds...:biggrin:...you get a better cook out of 1 fattie than 2 individual thin ones.

If there is any left..he gets it cut into strips the next day for breakfast in a green salad....horse radish or mustard and honey dressing.......:headbang:...I'm growing my own horseradish this year to try it fresh.....:d5:

I like hot dogs and pizza . And those chicken wings!!!:chef:

Love chicken wings..............:headbang:...for when you just fancy something Nice to eat....:d5:...simple lemon and paprika....yum.............

Well...I tried doing my own once coz we were desperate for bread substitute...but I don't Think I got it right...coz they weren't very nice..:biggrin:..maybe time to try again...?

@Mossy try the white cornbread it's just amazing!! :headbang:

:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back