Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuck eye steaks cooked on the iron skillet cooked real slow!!
IMG_20180731_201759.jpg
IMG_20180731_201757.jpg
IMG_20180731_201335.jpg
IMG_20180731_201331.jpg

I'm buying this Tomahawk steak the next Time I go back to the butcher.
View attachment 937774

One cost about $50
If you do that, try the Reverse Sear method. Or Sous Vide with a reverse sear....that's what the pros recommend for a monster cut like that. The following link has some foolproof directions for a 2" thick $60 Ribeye. I think that fits the bill perfect...lol.

https://amazingribs.com/more-techni...g-temps-when-cook-hot-fast-when-cook-low-slow

This site is like the Bible of how to cook over live fire. [emoji91] They cover EVERYTHING. They had a killer page about cooking a pair of them Cowboy Tomahawk Ribeyes, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's behind the pay part of that site now. [emoji20] That page that is in the link is written by the same dude, Meathead Goldwyn, and the whole Reverse Sear method is described at the bottom. Do it bro....you won't regret it. You absolutely need an instant read thermometer though, so grab one if ya don't already have one. Happy Friday night AFN.

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

If you do that, try the Reverse Sear method. Or Sous Vide with a reverse sear....that's what the pros recommend for a monster cut like that. The following link has some foolproof directions for a 2" thick $60 Ribeye. I think that fits the bill perfect...lol.

https://amazingribs.com/more-techni...g-temps-when-cook-hot-fast-when-cook-low-slow

This site is like the Bible of how to cook over live fire. [emoji91] They cover EVERYTHING. They had a killer page about cooking a pair of them Cowboy Tomahawk Ribeyes, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's behind the pay part of that site now. [emoji20] That page that is in the link is written by the same dude, Meathead Goldwyn, and the whole Reverse Sear method is described at the bottom. Do it bro....you won't regret it. You absolutely need an instant read thermometer though, so grab one if ya don't already have one. Happy Friday night AFN.

Hey Dr bubbles at the restaurant we often sous vide larger and longer cooking time items for the reduction of pick up times. Sous vide is also wonderful for getting flavor into meats fish veggies etc. I have sold hundreds of tomahawks. great piece of meat for 2 to share!!

I am glad you posted that!! I've been trying to come up with an idea on how to cook it.. thank you!!:passit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back