Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmmmm…...comfort food for sure

IMG_7378.JPG
IMG_7381.JPG

Dude....I also make a grilled Italian sausage tortellini...with vodka sauce. And fresh mozzarella and basil along with the usual suspects (onion, bell, garlic) and then the SECRET ingredient for that dish...which is Fennel. A little of both, some sauteed chopped fresh fennel bulb with the bell, onion garlic mix, and some fennel pollen with the whole dish mixed in....along with a little splash of dry white wine with the meat, before the final grill/oven cooking together. Hands down some of the most addicting pasta ever. I even get fresh tortellinis made from sweet Italian sausage and cheese from Wegmans. Bomb and ALWAYS the hit. I need a dirt bike. Gonna happen pretty soon, I'm gonna grab a 250 two stroke MX bike, like a YZ, CR or KX. Had to share that, it's been eating at me like a weirdo this past two weeks. Been too long since I've had one.

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Appalachian Soul Food!!

Organic Ground Sage Sausage, 2 Cans of Organic Kidney Beans, one small yellow onion and season the heck out of it with Mortons Nature's Seasoning (no msg). AMAZING!!!

IMG_20180802_005025.jpg

Nice looking shrimp...For those of you guys that can eat skrimps, check this: I used to live in Orlando about 16 years back, Semoran and Curry Ford, by the commuter airport (Right down the street from the infamous Casey Anthony, baby killer)...we would go to this supermarket called Price-Rite. Score 5lbs of Gulf Pink Shrimp, about 20 per lb, super fresh, in a big ziplock bag, for $12. Stupid cheap...moved back to NY and that stopped. Fast forward about a decade and I see a local commercial for grand opening of Price-Rite here!! Same logo and everything. So, we went. Bam....this is what I remember...food still in the shipping boxes like Aldi, except it's all name brand shit. Real good shit....with the best prices around on MOST stuff. I'm sure some of you have seen my grilled shrimp on a couple posts here...I get these from Price-Rite for $9.99 for 2 freaking pounds of 16-20s. You gotta clean em...but so what...Wegmans, when they even carry em, wants about $21.99 per pound for em. They are cleaned, but that ain't worth paying 4x as much. And Weggies has em at 21-25s, where mine are bigger and more expensive 16-20s. If you haven't bought Gulf Pink Shrimp. Do it. Now. They are a close second behind true Black Tiger Prawns in my opinion. Go see if you have a local Price-Rite and find the frozen Pink Shrimp, Raw, Shell-on, uncleaned, for $9.99 for 32oz. Clean em, rinse and Pat dry, then : flour - egg wash - Panko - Rest 8m before dropping em - Fry till golden and serve with zesty STRONG cocktail sauce and tartar sauce with fresh lemon wedges. My favorite way is on the gas or charcoal grill, direct, on high. Leave shells ON, marinate em overnight in beer, lemon juice, Old Bay, and oil. Make a sauce with 3 parts butter, 1 part lemon juice, Old Bay, pepper, garlic powder, salt and flour/cornstarch/parmesan to make it stick real good. Get it hot and whisk it together...also a little Frank's Red Hot or Sriracha is good here. Make a bunch as it goes quick. Grill em on super hot wide open with some spray. They actually take about 15m....which seems like a lot, but that's what keeping the shells on is for. It also keeps the protein away from the grill itself, so it doesn't stick much at all. Still use a dot of spray when they go on. Top down and let them bitches sizzle. About 5m in, spray the tops, flip em and start saucing em with the butter. Do that till they are done. Once first round is finished put em in a big Tupperware with a tight lid and if you throw a couple beach towels around it, it will stay warm till u are done. Dump em in with a little sauce, shake em and do the next round. Repeat. Serve with nothing, or whatever u like. Best two shrimp recipes I have ever experienced. Between the two, minus shrimp cocktail, which the grilled shrimp make the best cocktail shrimp EVER...that's about covers it for how I like to eat shrimp. Both these recipes I have done exclusively with the Pink Shrimp from Price-Rite. The skrimps there are so freaking cheap, we have probably grabbed about 25 bags now. At least 18 all day. We did four bags on the grill for a party last year...8 lbs for $40, blew people's minds. If you own a hot gas grill and can get some Pink Shrimp, try this....its so easy too. The grilled shrimp peel in one shot like removing a jacket, make sure to butterfly them deep and long and leave the shell attached from the butt to the tail. Feel free to PM me for any questions as I love sharing killer easy recipes that blow minds.
b3c07d9063ed2f2463cd658cb3a0f360.jpg
e1923b8e85a39f7fae238ca4d222f4ed.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Love good shrimp recipes. Relatively cheap down here on the gulf. For a bit of Cajun zing, add some Walker & Sons "Slap ya mama" to your favorite recipes. I prefer the "hot" version, but there is a regular one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back