Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit just got Real lol
IMG_20180712_120747.jpg

Bbq browsing again ...anyone any thoughts on a simple Weber compact kettle..:pass:

How compact? If you're looking to do indirect heat, low and slow style stuff like pork shoulder, ribs, brisket, etc.. then the little tiny table top models might be a little small for that. They still work great for higher heat, over the coals grilling of burgers, chicken bits, dogs and brats type stuff, though. Something like a 22" Weber kettle can do both pretty well, though. Someone else mentioned the charcoal snake technique with one. Hadn't heard of it so went and checked it out and now I almost wish I hadn't got rid of mine just so I could try that. :smoking:

For what it's worth, there's also been a BBQ, smokin' stuff type thread that some folks are trying to get going that would be a good place for Weber talk as well: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/live-stoner-smoking-bbq-live-fire-chitchat.66332/

Get the biggest Kettle possible for smoking. The small ones just plain will not do indirect, as you can't get the food far enough away. The only disadvantage the big ones have is they use more fuel...if u wanna smoke it with it...get a 26". I bet the Big Texan 37" is mean, but it's $1300...lol....KRAZY??!?!! Even the "big" 26" isn't that big when u only use 45% of it for smoking... but talk about an EASY entry into live fire cooking. Webers use a second rack on the bottom for the coals/wood, along with the bottom dampers make for excellent control plus the rack let's the ash fall through. I am thinking about (since last night) grabbing some Button Ribs...think real Applebee's Riblets....with the round button shaped bones. If you buy what is called "Riblets" from the butcher, you might be disappointed because butcher Riblets are from the very bottom end of the ribs...the Rib Tip. Lots of weirdo connective tissue. Button Ribs are from along the backbone and are killer. They are right next to the baby backs. Anyway, grab a bigger kettle....it's the only kind of kettle for indirect. Get a big chimney, one that can hold a round in one go. And use blocks of hardwood, 1½ to 2 inch chunks soaked in water for 40m or so. So they smolder instead of full blown burn. U should get at least a cheap analog thermometer too, just to help u get a feel for it. Put the coals on one side. Food on the opposite....top vent furthest away from coals over food. Mostly all the way closed. Keep the fire in the almost there state. One step away from full blown flames. I guarantee you will have success first time with the Kettle too...it's SO much easier than a vertical smoker. I'm gonna cheat and start in the 250 -275° oven and finish with cherry and lump charcoal. Since I hope to be scoring Button Ribs from the meat store, so 250° might be closer as they are small. For Babies Backs RyBZ I go up to 275°. It will cut the smoke time down to about 2 hours indirect for the Buttons and they are small enough that u won't notice they didn't get done entirely on the smoke. Exciting times dude....you're gonna be so stoked....get some Pork Shoulder/Boston Butt if you're feeling up to it. It's an easy and forgiving cut to cook, it just takes awhile...and I always fully smoke my Butts. No oven cheating...But you can cheat and cut em into thirds or so. About 3# each chunk or so. Take em out when the bones are ready to come out. Have some chewy soft rolls on hand and have some sweet and sticky smoked pork sammiches. With butts, I like to finish em with a sauce for the last hour or so. Paint and repeat. Then save some sauce for after u chop it for a condiment. Fresh coffee rub with less salt than the normal rub also makes a good table condiment for cue. Just make sure to use instant coffee and run it through a grinder till it's like espresso otherwise it can get a little weird and gritty. Do it DUGGY do it!!!

There called KAAHBS Joe

Button Ribs* over charcoal n cherry with a genuine homemade coffee rub, indirect with no thermometer (that's how easy it is on a kettle) on the 26" domed Weber. Seved with a baked russ tater and a quick iceberg salad with a 3:1 Marie's Bleu Cheese/Zesty Italian dressing with grape tomatoes, fresh onions, a dot of extra sharp white fine shredded, and some gahlic croutinz. OMG....just finished my salad....perfection IMO, was worth walking 5 miles for, no joke.

*These are fresh raw $1.99/lb "Riblets" that you get at Applebee's. Only $14.99 for "All U Can Eat**". They are laughing right to the bank as $14 fed 6 adults by doing it at home...lol. They are awesome, but somewhat hard to find.

**Not all you can eat, all WE ALLOW you to eat. Applebee's and it's licensed subsidiaries maintain the right to refuse or deny service at any time for financial reasons and under no terms is this a binding contract or guarantee of right to service. Visit www Applebee's.com for further information.
[emoji768]Applebee's[emoji769] and Zanthum Trigonometry and Offshore Holdings [emoji767]2018

[emoji535][emoji362]= [emoji106]
51ee1f4cc38a72719061af9fe47049a3.jpg
4ec168d673e89ba7fa2fe7caf1a52f3d.jpg
9aa2ac73fdbfa6d3b0603b91469aede7.jpg
6529a0fb8f9bf4e96ce8f29d2a0c29ac.jpg
e14a5036061101be00d3c28d6fa42f8e.jpg
52de8e1f7d0cd455fead42dbedc23fae.jpg
0d9474993e422459257959b62eecc4c4.jpg

There called KAAHBS Joe

Button Ribs* over charcoal n cherry with a genuine homemade coffee rub, indirect with no thermometer (that's how easy it is on a kettle) on the 26" domed Weber. Seved with a baked russ tater and a quick iceberg salad with a 3:1 Marie's Bleu Cheese/Zesty Italian dressing with grape tomatoes, fresh onions, a dot of extra sharp white fine shredded, and some gahlic croutinz. OMG....just finished my salad....perfection IMO, was worth walking 5 miles for, no joke.

*These are fresh raw $1.99/lb "Riblets" that you get at Applebee's. Only $14.99 for "All U Can Eat**". They are laughing right to the bank as $14 fed 6 adults by doing it at home...lol. They are awesome, but somewhat hard to find.

**Not all you can eat, all WE ALLOW you to eat. Applebee's and it's licensed subsidiaries maintain the right to refuse or deny service at any time for financial reasons and under no terms is this a binding contract or guarantee of right to service. Visit www Applebee's.com for further information.
[emoji768]Applebee's[emoji769] and Zanthum Trigonometry and Offshore Holdings [emoji767]2018

[emoji535][emoji362]= [emoji106]
51ee1f4cc38a72719061af9fe47049a3.jpg
4ec168d673e89ba7fa2fe7caf1a52f3d.jpg
9aa2ac73fdbfa6d3b0603b91469aede7.jpg
6529a0fb8f9bf4e96ce8f29d2a0c29ac.jpg
e14a5036061101be00d3c28d6fa42f8e.jpg
52de8e1f7d0cd455fead42dbedc23fae.jpg
0d9474993e422459257959b62eecc4c4.jpg

There called KAAHBS Joe

Oh YUM......................:drool:..flippin munchies again..in the morning.........................:pass:...hmm...

Quickie breakfast...

Buttered bread pressed into a couple ramekins (cups in a muffin pan also work well). Toss in a few bacon sprinkles (salad topping type), crack an egg in each one and sprinkle a little cheese on top. Supposed to also give 'em a healthy dusting of salt and pepper (especially pepper) but I spaced it out today. Into the oven at 375F for about 20-25 depending on how firm you like the yolks.

Baked egg cups...
IMG_7355.JPG

Quickie breakfast...

Buttered bread pressed into a couple ramekins (cups in a muffin pan also work well). Toss in a few bacon sprinkles (salad topping type), crack an egg in each one and sprinkle a little cheese on top. Supposed to also give 'em a healthy dusting of salt and pepper (especially pepper) but I spaced it out today. Into the oven at 375F for about 20-25 depending on how firm you like the yolks.

Baked egg cups...
View attachment 930192
Those are so cute!! Gonna have to try that for sure.

There called KAAHBS Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back