Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed how many Webers have been out by the road. I have a good friend who is a scrapper and has found a dozen Webers out by the road. I'm kinda pissed because about a month ago he found a freaking Genesis Silver $650 gas grill with a side car. Really nice shape, needed new Flavorizer bars (Webers name for the 90° angle iron type deflectors so the grease doesn't touch the tube burners) and new grates. Weber grills are known for being able to replace the guts quite easily. The fucker scrapped it because it's all high quality non magnetic stainless. Those parts would have cost about $50 and say another $50 for the grill, he got about $35 for it after completely tearing it down. Poop. That smarts. Good luck with the Weber Kettle...I have 3...they are badass and I think they invented the kettle style, or at least perfected it. Try the oven recipe above combined with the new Kettle. When you stick the ribs on, use some good heavy duty foil, indirect charcoal with some nice wood, and do em like that for about 2 hours and you'll be hard pressed to tell you didn't fully smoke em. They are good even on the gas grill like that, but with charcoal and wood....it's REAL close to the full smoke process. Also, look for a chimney starter for your new Weber...Aldi had a real nice one last week for $10 in their special finds aisle. Nice and big and real solid, better than mine for sure.

There called KAAHBS Joe

For what it's worth, I think that if you can hold off for winter the grill prices on craigslist and similar sites goes way down. Same kind of Weber kettle that I picked up middle of the winter for 15-20 bucks are going for about 30-50 when I looked a few days ago. I almost listed mine, but decided I'd rather "pay forward" a little BBQ love and hopefully hook someone up wanting to cook (hopefully...could just as easily been someone grabbed it just to run to the nearest pawn shop with it).

The outdoor cooker talk reminded me of another type that I came across years ago but never have got around to trying, tandoor ovens. Enough gardeners around here, someone ought to have a couple right sized clay pots laying around to try it out with. :smoking:

Cooking wise, from what I've read I would put these closer to grilling than smoking. You're cooking directly over the fire, and these are supposedly going to get up to some really high temps.

Oh yea, and I think if we ever get the whole AFN crew together for the live stoners picnic and BBQ, we're going to need to make up a cinder block smoker and do a whole hog. :baked:

Cinder-Block-Fire-Pit-Ideas.jpg

MG_7385.jpg

(went down the DIY smoker pit rabbit hole surfin' the web this evening :jointman:)

More enchiladas...same thing....they were SO GOOD, that we did em again, only this time we weren't cooking for 6, so we can have a few each. I used close to a pound of cilantro, really got it ringing through nice. Also did some homemade saffron rice with black beans, cumin, sofrito and Adobo. Candy rice. I could eat that shit all day. Enchiladas are 5 star lovers. Just about perfect. And HUGE. I can barely get through one. Gotta have the Queso Fresco!! And Creme Freeesh?? Randy!!!
cf12e39bd1134ee76a5aafc2c95a70e8.jpg
1cfeac2491da8ea670dc93186bf3b771.jpg

There called KAAHBS Joe

I'm amazed how many Webers have been out by the road. I have a good friend who is a scrapper and has found a dozen Webers out by the road. I'm kinda pissed because about a month ago he found a freaking Genesis Silver $650 gas grill with a side car. Really nice shape, needed new Flavorizer bars (Webers name for the 90° angle iron type deflectors so the grease doesn't touch the tube burners) and new grates. Weber grills are known for being able to replace the guts quite easily. The fucker scrapped it because it's all high quality non magnetic stainless. Those parts would have cost about $50 and say another $50 for the grill, he got about $35 for it after completely tearing it down. Poop. That smarts. Good luck with the Weber Kettle...I have 3...they are badass and I think they invented the kettle style, or at least perfected it. Try the oven recipe above combined with the new Kettle. When you stick the ribs on, use some good heavy duty foil, indirect charcoal with some nice wood, and do em like that for about 2 hours and you'll be hard pressed to tell you didn't fully smoke em. They are good even on the gas grill like that, but with charcoal and wood....it's REAL close to the full smoke process. Also, look for a chimney starter for your new Weber...Aldi had a real nice one last week for $10 in their special finds aisle. Nice and big and real solid, better than mine for sure.

There called KAAHBS Joe
I have not cooked a turkey in the oven for more than 40 years; ever since I cooked one with apple wood smoke on a Weber. I cook turkeys at least 8 times a year. Of course I use it for all other meats and vegetables all year. Home Depot puts Kingsford briquettes on sale cheap every year for Memorial Day and I stock up with 30 bags to last all year.

That's REAL good to know.... Charcoal isn't cheap, and Kinsford is without fail the best, LONGEST burning briquettes I've seen in my 25 years of charcoal cookery.
I have not cooked a turkey in the oven for more than 40 years; ever since I cooked one with apple wood smoke on a Weber. I cook turkeys at least 8 times a year. Of course I use it for all other meats and vegetables all year. Home Depot puts Kingsford briquettes on sale cheap every year for Memorial Day and I stock up with 30 bags to last all year.

There called KAAHBS Joe

The outdoor cooker talk reminded me of another type that I came across years ago but never have got around to trying, tandoor ovens. Enough gardeners around here, someone ought to have a couple right sized clay pots laying around to try it out with. :smoking:

Cooking wise, from what I've read I would put these closer to grilling than smoking. You're cooking directly over the fire, and these are supposedly going to get up to some really high temps.

Oh yea, and I think if we ever get the whole AFN crew together for the live stoners picnic and BBQ, we're going to need to make up a cinder block smoker and do a whole hog. :baked:

Cinder-Block-Fire-Pit-Ideas.jpg

MG_7385.jpg

(went down the DIY smoker pit rabbit hole surfin' the web this evening :jointman:)

East Carolina whole hog BBQ rocks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back