Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do admire the ease of pellet grills. Quite an amazing little invention. To me, the pellet grill is for guys who love their cue, want it home made, and don't have time to dedicate a whole Saturday twice a month. The real card stealer IMO is the $99 electric "smokers". There is NO electricity in smoking...unless u got some new fangled dab nail thing. Anyway, I have the time, and I can't speak from experience, as I have never been near a working pellet, but I imagine true live fire cooking like the Brinkie/Weber Smoky Mountain/OK Joe/real smoke box is more satisfying at the end of the day. And u get the campfire smell in your britches. We should start a BBQ thread to keep this guy on track....and we can ask a mod to move some of these last few killer posts over to get it started. I'm actually in my way to the beach with my [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Weber Kettle. I have 3...the big one, a small table top cutie for 1-2 people and this here [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] midsize. Doing some burgers on briquettes. Ahh....here.....the JOY of going to the beach on the friggin 4th with grilling stuffs/coolers/chairs/swimming gear and BEERS. Gotta park a mile away and attempt to carry everything, sweating balls, pants falling down....gotta love attempting to cook not at home....lol. Speaking of struggling with a vertical smoker, I see that RIGHT NOW...lol...people think they are just gonna come down to the beach with a brand new smoker and a slab of pork. I give it a A for effort but a D for execution....it's scary looking. If ya never smoked anything in the comfiness of the back porch, do yourself a favor and grab something like burgers instead, as it's hard enough at home with the straight non offset vertical units. Time to fire up some Mephisto love, have a cold beer or three, and relax and do some quick and hot simple charcoal burgers. Happy fourth AFN!! Hope everyone is not sitting at home. Get da fuck outta da house!!!

There called KAAHBS Joe

From my time over on the pellet cookers forum that I used to hang around, the biggest complaint most folks going from indirect fire box smokers or charcoal setups to a pellet grill is that pellet grills don't typically deliver AS MUCH smoke flavor to whatever they're cooking. Some folks, however, have been know to report that other family members prefer it as they're not as wild about overly smoky stuff. Depends from person to person. I'd say they're also really good for anyone that likes the idea of cooking outside often in a warm climate or during the summer. When you realize that a pellet grill can work as an outdoor oven, and you can do most anything you'd do in an oven, and just as easily as an oven since you just turn 'em on and they light themselves you can find yourself cooking almost every night outside. Especially during the summer, I'll try and do anything I can outside. For example, just last week I was in the mood for a meat loaf and just tossed it in the pellet grill at 350 for an hour instead of the oven. Great during the summer to keep my oven and central air condition from fighting over who can use the most energy when it gets to warming up the small house with the kitchen right in the center. :smoking:

But back to the food....my rack of baby backs I'm doing up for the 4th as I'm getting ready to foil them for the second part of the 3-2-1 method cook.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm smelling soooooo gooooooddd :drool:

IMG_7301.JPG

From my time over on the pellet cookers forum that I used to hang around, the biggest complaint most folks going from indirect fire box smokers or charcoal setups to a pellet grill is that pellet grills don't typically deliver AS MUCH smoke flavor to whatever they're cooking. Some folks, however, have been know to report that other family members prefer it as they're not as wild about overly smoky stuff. Depends from person to person. I'd say they're also really good for anyone that likes the idea of cooking outside often in a warm climate or during the summer. When you realize that a pellet grill can work as an outdoor oven, and you can do most anything you'd do in an oven, and just as easily as an oven since you just turn 'em on and they light themselves you can find yourself cooking almost every night outside. Especially during the summer, I'll try and do anything I can outside. For example, just last week I was in the mood for a meat loaf and just tossed it in the pellet grill at 350 for an hour instead of the oven. Great during the summer to keep my oven and central air condition from fighting over who can use the most energy when it gets to warming up the small house with the kitchen right in the center. :smoking:

But back to the food....my rack of baby backs I'm doing up for the 4th as I'm getting ready to foil them for the second part of the 3-2-1 method cook.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm smelling soooooo gooooooddd :drool:

View attachment 926433
Sorry guys I just don't care for pellet or wood chip cookers Not BBQ. BBQ is only wood chunks or whole wood

Any you can at a reasonable price mate...
Duggy I would just find a old large gas grill or large charcoal grill and use it Meat on right fire on left , 2 inches water in a foil disposable pan in middle keep temps as close to 225 to 250 and your set. Buy seasoned hardwood whatever you have available. Start fire with chunk charcoal and the add wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back